PDA

View Full Version : Buying 1st spinner - compound/polish brand recommendations?

Morbius
05-30-2015, 05:14 PM
Just getting ready to pull the trigger on an Innovative personal ball spinner. Innovative has Rev-lotion polishes and cleaners, but I was thinking of getting Brunswick's Royal Compound and Shine, as that's the Factory Finish on my Radical bowling balls.

Is there much difference between the various brands of compounds, polishes, and slip agents?

Also, has anyone tried Innovative's Liquid Strike cleaner?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

bowl1820
05-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Just getting ready to pull the trigger on an Innovative personal ball spinner. Innovative has Rev-lotion polishes and cleaners, but I was thinking of getting Brunswick's Royal Compound and Shine, as that's the Factory Finish on my Radical bowling balls.

Is there much difference between the various brands of compounds, polishes, and slip agents?

Also, has anyone tried Innovative's Liquid Strike cleaner?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Main things to get are

Abralon pads which are the main ones used, there are also Siaair pads. Typically in these grits 500,1000,2000, and 4000. Also the three main scotchbrite pads Burgandy, Gray and Green come in handy and it never hurts to have a good selection of wet/dry sandpaper.

Note: abralon/Siaair pads use the FEPA P-scale for grits, Most paper uses the US Ansi/Cami scale. But paper using the P-scale is now available also.

As for polishes there's all kinds and it depends on what you doing and the ball. Storm and Ebonite Powerhouse and Brunswick products are the main ones used.

Powerhouse Factory Finish, Brunswick Royal Compound and Shine, Storm Step-2 are regularly used for O.O.B. (Out of Box) surfaces

Powerhouse Clean'N Dull is one of the best deep cleaning ball cleaners for at home on the spinner.

Download my bowlers grit chart it lists many different abrasives and polishes along with other info.
http://home.earthlink.net/~litefrozen/downloads/bowling_grit_chart_v2.pdf

SRB57
05-30-2015, 08:38 PM
I got a innovative 1/2 H.P. spinner kit that came with some pads,cleaner,polish and compound. The spinner works great and is easy to use. I used the cleaner after every session and polish once I see it getting dull. I like my stuff polished and have not used and of the sanding pads yet. I recommend it and is a great tool to keep your balls in great shape. I would buy the pot that goes around the spinner to keep stuff from flying around. Steve

Morbius
05-31-2015, 12:24 PM
Bowl1820 thanks for the info, and for the grit guide. I'll buy some Royal Compound and Shine, and Clean'N Dull to get started. Also, a selection of the SIAAIR pads.

Steve, I had thought about the flower pot, but hoped to try the spinner in the utility sink in the laundry room first. Would you mind giving me the dimensions of the spinners base? I couldn't find it on the Innovative web site.

Jim

SRB57
05-31-2015, 04:37 PM
Bowl1820 thanks for the info, and for the grit guide. I'll buy some Royal Compound and Shine, and Clean'N Dull to get started. Also, a selection of the SIAAIR pads.

Steve, I had thought about the flower pot, but hoped to try the spinner in the utility sink in the laundry room first. Would you mind giving me the dimensions of the spinners base? I couldn't find it on the Innovative web site.

Jim

The base dimentions on mine are 9.5" X 17.5" just finished cleaning my stuff with the Liquid Strike cleaner and polished my spare ball with REV-Lotion polish from inovative and works great. Steve

Morbius
05-31-2015, 09:16 PM
Thanks Steve, I think it'll fit in my utility sink just fine.

Jim

bubba809
06-01-2015, 11:25 AM
I LOVE my spinner. Makes me wonder how I bowled without one.

One tip: Make sure you keep a journal of surface changes (or polishes) you make to each ball. Write down which surface gives you the best reaction. If you bowl at multiple houses, jot that down too. Everybody has their own style/speed/rev rate. A spinner can help target an exact match for you.

You'll be surprised how easy it is to forget a successful ball surface in a couple years down the road.

Morbius
06-03-2015, 12:48 AM
One tip: Make sure you keep a journal of surface changes (or polishes) you make to each ball. Write down which surface gives you the best reaction. If you bowl at multiple houses, jot that down too. Everybody has their own style/speed/rev rate. A spinner can help target an exact match for you.

Sounds like good advice. What with my memory being what it is nowadays...