PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Tank Review

toverbey
06-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Layout:
70 x 4 ¼ x 60

The newest addition to the Motiv line up is built for the lanes get absolutely scorched and your typical low-end reactive ball is too much. The Rebel Tank combines the DMX Pearl Urethane coverstock originally used on the Arctic Sniper (finished at 4000 LSS) and combines it with the proven Halogen core (2.55RG, .037). This pairing gives you more overall hook than the Arctic thanks to the dynamic core but still less than the reactive Ascent line; a very nice go between for when the lanes become drier than the Sahara. I drilled mine to optimize the smoothness that urethane gives. My Rebel Tank glides through the heads and mids with absolute ease. While I can see the ball flaring thanks to the Halogen it still does not aggressively grab the lane and make any sudden motions. Once it hits the end of the pattern it calmly transitions into a roll that can walk into the pocket and deliver a powerful blow to the pins; I am pleasantly surprised by the continuation this ball has being a urethane. While I can significantly square up the lane and throw this ball on a fresher shot, my games sees the most benefit much later in the day when control and consistancy will win the day. I highly recommend this ball for those needing something for the later games of a long block or those heavy-handed throwers who need something that is tame and will not react violently to the first bit of friction it sees.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com