PDA

View Full Version : going to try to bowl ....

foreverincamo
06-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Well, it's been nearly two months after my work accident, and the doctor doesn't think I'm going to get back to 100% ever again, so I may go throw a few shots today. I may use a 10 pound alley ball to warm up with, and then try some slow shots with my 16 's. Need to get back out there before I forget how to do this!

Tony
06-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Good Luck !

foreverincamo
06-07-2015, 05:42 PM
I made it through 1 1/2 games today before I ran out of gas. The funny thing was, my family rolls in with 9 balls for four bowlers,looking to get in some practice, and the whole place was set up for Lunar Bowling. Since all I was worried about was whether or not I could even throw a ball, doing it in a disco was fine .
I started with a strike, then threw 7 straight 9 counts before striking again. Second game was all marks thru 6 frames, then I just packed it up. I know my limitations.
Still, just normal pains physically. I have a bad migraine as I do every day, but I'll live .

NewToBowling
06-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Best of luck. Just take it easy

Amyers
06-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Mighty glad to hear your back on the lanes. Hope you continue to heal up.

foreverincamo
06-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone. It was fun bowling with the family. We bought a package where we can all bowl 2 games every day for the summer. Can't go everyday of course, but we can now go more since I can bowl.

Tony
06-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Good deal ! Glad to hear you were able to get back into action, a little bowling is good therapy, I got a similar package with "kids bowl free.com", one of the local lanes is participating, the kids get 2 games free and so do I! All I had to do is pay a one time charge for the summer of 19.95 for a family upgrade, what a deal !

jab5325
06-08-2015, 07:38 AM
Good luck, foreverincamino.

It's good that you know your limits!

J Anderson
06-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Well, it's been nearly two months after my work accident, and the doctor doesn't think I'm going to get back to 100% ever again, so I may go throw a few shots today. I may use a 10 pound alley ball to warm up with, and then try some slow shots with my 16 's. Need to get back out there before I forget how to do this!

This reminds me of an incident from years ago when the contractor I was working for was recovering from back surgery. I was doing some work around his yard one day when he came out of his house, (while his wife was out shopping), kicked a milk crate over to his van, used the milk crate as a step to get into the van, and drove out of the driveway. He returned about five minutes later and white as a sheet. All he said when he got back was," Don't tell my wife, but I had to know if I could still drive."

Glad that you found out that you can still bowl!

mc_runner
06-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Excellent to hear you're back. Good on you to take it easy and not re-injure anything

foreverincamo
06-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll try again in a few days. I went and watched my buddy bowl on the Scorpion pattern in a sport league I was going to be in until I got hurt. Was fun watching some really good bowlers struggle on tough conditions on wood lanes. Really miss being competitive. It's going to take all summer to get back where I was .