PDA

View Full Version : tape in finger tip inserts

coreyds012778
06-09-2015, 12:27 AM
I bought an motiv tag of a guy a bowl with ($40). our spans are close enough that I did not have the ball plugged and drilled for me. other then having the thump hold redone (still too large but using the turbo grip foam inserts to help the fit of the ball).

the problem lays, in the ring finger insert, I did not notice it until tonight, I can almost put my finger in all the way to the second knuckle, did something I never read or seen, I put tape in the hole. I have put tape in thumb hole of the these ball. so said why not. seemed to work. had a lot better control. did not drop the ball like I have in my down swing. able to roll the ball like I want to and not close to the way the guy I bought it from does.

has anyone hear or done these before?

Amyers
06-09-2015, 08:50 AM
I know some guys who use tape in their inserts but it's not real common. You should be able to have the insert changed out for $5-$10 if you would prefer.

NewToBowling
06-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Yeah inserts are pretty cheap. I plan to replace mine by myself now that I know the sizes.

PSO usually charge $10-12 for both. If you do it yourself you can get a 10 pack for around $15

coreyds012778
06-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Was thinking about replacing them, was quick fix to fit better. Kinda debating on doing it myself

LyalC52
06-09-2015, 10:30 AM
replacing finger grips is easy
thin boning knife to removed the old one

set the new one in and put just a drop or two of glue in first
then glue all around

NewToBowling
06-09-2015, 01:30 PM

then glue all around

The hardest part is finding out the right size if you don't know already.

classygranny
06-09-2015, 03:00 PM

then glue all around

It's actually better if you glue it on the sides only. Then if you want it a bit snugger, you can slip a piece of cardstock in the front or back without having to remove the grip entirely. Use tweezers to put in and take out. Works like a charm if your fingers tend to swell or when the grip gets a bit worn and loose.

LyalC52
06-09-2015, 03:39 PM
If I don't glue mine all around, I find that they tear and need to be replaced sooner.