PDA

View Full Version : Which new ball are you thinking about getting?

Blomer
06-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Looking to get a new ball. Not sure which one yet, need to talk to my pro shop guy. Is there a ball you have your eye on yet?

RobLV1
06-19-2015, 05:54 PM
I have the Brunswick Mastermind Einstein on order.

John Anderson
06-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Still considering a Brunswick Mastermind Scholar. Not exactly brand new now, but I like the looks of it and I want to try a pearl ball.

Mgower
06-19-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm looking at a Hammer Absolut Flip. Need a ball that will move down the lane a bit before making the turn.

fortheloveofbowling
06-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Optimus solid.

Jessiewoodard57
06-19-2015, 11:01 PM
I Just picked up my Storm Crux Pearl ...Love this ball

foreverincamo
06-20-2015, 05:18 PM
I'd love a new Hammer Red Legend Solid. If I get another ball, my wife will clobber me with it.

LyalC52
06-20-2015, 09:55 PM
DV8 Thug Unruly or Thug Corrupt

Bradski9
06-21-2015, 06:40 PM
My next ball I will be getting this summer will either be the new motiv primal rage remix, the older jackal, or the solid revolt.

epiepenburg
06-21-2015, 08:28 PM
DV8 Thug Unruly or Thug Corrupt

Thug corrupt for me as well.

bubba809
06-22-2015, 06:57 AM
Don't you have like 4 fairly new balls Blomer? You trying to become the next Aslan or something??

Aslan
06-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Track HX16

I threw it at a ball demo and it wasn't great but it wasn't horrible.

RobLV1
06-22-2015, 05:07 PM
Track HX16

I threw it at a ball demo and it wasn't great but it wasn't horrible.

Why would you possibly consider buying a ball that wasn't great but it wasn't horrible? Remember that it is possible to be penny wise and pound (15#) foolish!

Aslan
06-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Why would you possibly consider buying a ball that wasn't great but it wasn't horrible? Remember that it is possible to be penny wise and pound (15#) foolish!

Because I only threw 3 balls and the Track LX was horrible and the Bad Intentions was "blah". Don't get me wrong...I'm not actually going to buy the HX16...it's just the one that I was "thinking about getting" per the title of the discussion.

As to what balls I'd actually LIKE to get...because I think they'd fill some future arsenal holes...

- The Storm Hy Road...
- The Lane #1 Stealth Bomber
- The Lane#1 Blue Ocean Pearl
- The Storm IQ Fusion
- Columbia300 Smackdown

But I probably won't get those either. 3 aren't even for sale anymore. After moving from one apartment to another...I've decided I don't want to ever move a bowling ball "collection" ever again!

jab5325
06-23-2015, 09:25 AM
the Bad Intentions was "blah"

Aslan! My heart aches because of this comment!

;)

Tezza
06-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Possibly both the Brunswick Mastermind Einstein and DV8 Vandal. Both are priced well as part of the Brunswick Tour Down Under when it comes to Perth later this year :) Also, I'll get to meet Sean Rash and Parker Bohn III :)

Aslan
06-23-2015, 06:11 PM
Aslan! My heart aches because of this comment!

;)

My heart aches because new balls are all cR*p.

Putting a new bowling ball in my hand is like giving an 80-year old man a free lifetime membership to Gold's Gym. Neither of us would get much use out of it. I'm a horrible bowler...new balls, old balls, random house balls, snow balls, moth balls, marbles, whiffle balls...doesn't matter. Once I try to roll them towards the pin it's like watching a drunk guy do a head stand...you just kinda half look away hoping that it will end soon and nobody gets seriously hurt.

RobLV1
06-23-2015, 06:53 PM
My heart aches because new balls are all cR*p.

Putting a new bowling ball in my hand is like giving an 80-year old man a free lifetime membership to Gold's Gym. Neither of us would get much use out of it. I'm a horrible bowler...new balls, old balls, random house balls, snow balls, moth balls, marbles, whiffle balls...doesn't matter. Once I try to roll them towards the pin it's like watching a drunk guy do a head stand...you just kinda half look away hoping that it will end soon and nobody gets seriously hurt.

At the risk of buying into your infamous drama, you are not a horrible bowler. I've seen dramatic improvements in your physical game. YOU JUST NEED TO STOP OVERTHINKING EVERYTHING!

Aslan
06-23-2015, 07:09 PM
At the risk of buying into your infamous drama, you are not a horrible bowler. I've seen dramatic improvements in your physical game. YOU JUST NEED TO STOP OVERTHINKING EVERYTHING!

You haven't seen my most recent practice update...

...oh wait...I forgot to post that.

RobLV1
06-23-2015, 07:18 PM

This is exactly what I'm talking about! Look at any sport. Even the greatest players have bad days. Just because you had a bad practice session, doesn't mean you're suddenly a horrible bowler. In addition, I sincerely hope that your practice sessions focus on one part of your game, and NOT on how you score. Once again, quit thinking, quit keeping track of all the useless stats, quit worrying about your score, and just focus on throwing a perfect shot.

Stormed1
06-24-2015, 02:25 AM
I just ordered a Rebel Tank. Before the fall season starts I will be drilling a Respect,Dream, and Dream on. I am also thinking about a Vengance and a Remix

Amyers
06-24-2015, 10:10 AM

Have to agree with Rob here. I was working with my wife who is adjusting to throwing at her spares with her new plastic ball I bought her for our anniversary I watched her miss what must have been 6 or 7 right side spares in a row so I asked her what she was thinking about. She told me "trying to hit my mark, start the ball on time, keep it nice and easy, don't miss and a few other things". I told her to just stop went over and lined her up pointing at the pin told her not to think just throw the d*** ball at the pin and that she was going to make it. I think I've seen her miss once in about 5 games since then. Sometimes you just have to go throw the d*** ball.

Amyers
06-24-2015, 10:29 AM
I don't know I'm pretty happy with my arsenal at the moment. May like to replace the Asylum with a Hysteria at some point. I want to see what the new stuff from storm/roto looks like on Thursday

vdubtx
06-24-2015, 11:04 AM
I am not intending to replace anything at the moment. All of the balls in my current arsenal are fine and cover from heavy to drier conditions.

bobforsaken
06-24-2015, 11:22 AM
Not looking to add anything right now, especially since I bought a Marvel pearl after it was discontinued(used) even though I know its so similar to the Optimus and I'm trying to figure out ways I can play with surface to use both since I like them so much. (I actually like the Marvel Pearl slightly more)

But I'll say this, my most recent ball was a Thug Unruly and its a hell of a ball. When its matched up with the lanes it hits like its 20 lbs, not 15.

mc_runner
06-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Going back and forth on deciding whether to pick up a Rocket, as I don't have a hybrid (solid, polished solid, pearl are my current balls. Varying RG/Diffs). However I feel the 3 I have match up very well with each other and various lane conditions... so eh.

jab5325
06-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Going back and forth on deciding whether to pick up a Rocket, as I don't have a hybrid (solid, polished solid, pearl are my current balls. Varying RG/Diffs). However I feel the 3 I have match up very well with each other and various lane conditions... so eh.

FWIW, I'm very happy with the Rocket.

The thing has one of the most consistent reactions I've seen across all lane conditions, and a pretty nice angular motion at the end.

DRomano
08-21-2015, 07:25 PM
I'd love a new Hammer Red Legend Solid. If I get another ball, my wife will clobber me with it.

Is that different than the Burgundy Hammer?

bowl1820
08-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Is that different than the Burgundy Hammer?

Yes.

The Red Legend Solid is a Asymmetrical using the Gas Mask core and the Juiced coverstock.
http://www.hammerbowling.com/products/balls/upper-mid-performance/red-legend-solid

The Burgundy Hammer is a Symmetrical using a Vibe core and React-A-Thane coverstock.
http://www.hammerbowling.com/products/balls/lower-mid-performance/burgundy-hammer

LyalC52
08-21-2015, 09:17 PM
my want list, should be getting all 4 over the next 2 months

Roto Grip Haywire
Radical Guru Master
DV8 Hooligan Taunt
Pyramid Dark Path 19.5

rv driver
08-21-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm looking at the Brunswick Melee Cross, because I think it will compliment my improving release and line. I was interested in the Columbia Eruption Pro, but I really don't need another drier lane ball, 'cause I usually throw on fresher oil. The Melee's not a new ball, but I like the look of its performance.

Jaescrub
08-22-2015, 10:37 AM
I am rocking the Storm Crux, Crux pearl, zero G, and C300 crazy antics. I would really like to replace the Zero G with a Haywire. It has the core from the disturbed. I won that ball on here two years ago and gave it to a needy teammate and he Loves that ball! So I really want to try it.

vdubtx
08-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Haywire is high on my want list. JUst need to think about if it will fit into my arsenal. Both my Disturbed and Hyper Cell are still going strong.

Lt Tom
08-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Probably a Strike King, or a Cyclone. I've been away for almost 30 years, so I've never thrown a reactive ball. I just need something to use as a "baseline" ball so I can learn to throw fingertip, find my PAP, etc. I figure at this point getting something that is drilled to fit me so I can get practicing is what's important, even if it's just chosen based on which is prettiest.

Unless there's a better plan?

John Anderson
08-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Probably a Strike King, or a Cyclone. I've been away for almost 30 years, so I've never thrown a reactive ball. I just need something to use as a "baseline" ball so I can learn to throw fingertip, find my PAP, etc. I figure at this point getting something that is drilled to fit me so I can get practicing is what's important, even if it's just chosen based on which is prettiest.

Unless there's a better plan?

A weaker reactive ball is a good choice to start with imo. Cyclones are pretty good for lighter oil and will certainly do the job of teaching you how to throw a ball with fingertip drilling. I haven't seen many strike kings around, but I'd imagine they are very similar to cyclones.

The only real option available to cheaply find your PAP is to get a new spare ball drilled up with fingertip grips and find your PAP using a spare ball. That way, it doesn't really matter where the pin goes on the ball since it's a spare ball and will be thrown straight most of the time anyways. Arguably though, this isn't a good idea either because your PAP won't be that consistent to start with and it costs you $80 or whatever it is for a spare ball.

Lt Tom
08-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Thanks, John. I think I'll start a new thread so as not to hijack this one........

billf
08-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Just ordered a Cyclone. No it's not a new release but will be my first try with a RICO layout. I do want to try an Ebonite Gamebreaker Gold, Adrenaline and Warrior.

classygranny
08-22-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm thinking I'm in the mood to try a ball with a hockey stick movement rather than the banana arc that I am so accustomed to. Also, the alley we bowl in on Friday mornings will be oiling in the am rather than the night before, so we will be experiencing a heavier oil condition this winter league compared to our summer conditions.

Any suggestions I should look at and research before I head to the proshop?

Mike White
08-22-2015, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking I'm in the mood to try a ball with a hockey stick movement rather than the banana arc that I am so accustomed to. Also, the alley we bowl in on Friday mornings will be oiling in the am rather than the night before, so we will be experiencing a heavier oil condition this winter league compared to our summer conditions.

Any suggestions I should look at and research before I head to the proshop?

To shorten the hook phase (hockey stick) you want a low RG ball.

Smoother surface increases the skid phase, making it achieve the roll phase later.

Joann Myers
08-23-2015, 02:33 AM
I am now thinking of getting the Seismic Venator. Anybody out there use it got any suggestions/comments about it.

John Anderson
08-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Brunswick T-Zone Indigo Swirl Blue/Black/White
Brunswick Brute Strength
Two ball roller bag

Not much on my shopping list at the moment, but I don't really feel that I need that much more equipment just yet.

SRB57
08-23-2015, 08:22 PM
I just had a Haywire drilled to go with my hyper cell skid,outcry and scream. Steve

LyalC52
08-23-2015, 10:36 PM
I just had a Haywire drilled to go with my hyper cell skid,outcry and scream. Steve

nice arsenal

dnhoffman
08-23-2015, 11:34 PM
My ruckus feud is starting to show some cracks around the fingers... When it goes ill

When it goes I'll probably look at the another strong solid, maybe the Brunswick mastermind series, or possibly a hybrid, the new storm release looks interesting.

Aslan
08-24-2015, 01:44 AM
I'm thinking a DV8 Hooligan or a Mastermind Genius.

Not sure if those are still for sale or if they're discontinued though.

I only thought of it because every once in awhile the pro shop at my home center does a $1 ticket raffle where it's $1 a ticket and you get your choice of ball…so I had to kinda think of it.

Mike White
08-24-2015, 01:58 AM
I'm thinking a DV8 Hooligan or a Mastermind Genius.

Not sure if those are still for sale or if they're discontinued though.

I only thought of it because every once in awhile the pro shop at my home center does a $1 ticket raffle where it's $1 a ticket and you get your choice of ball…so I had to kinda think of it.

I considered doing a kind of raffle until I looked into the legal ramifications.

https://oag.ca.gov/charities/raffles

vdubtx
08-24-2015, 11:47 AM
I considered doing a kind of raffle until I looked into the legal ramifications.

https://oag.ca.gov/charities/raffles

http://www.bellefontefaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/debbie-downer.jpg

ALazySavage
08-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Haha vdubtx.

I was looking at potentially getting an Storm IQ Tour since I have recently heard a lot of people describing this as a great benchmark ball. I guess it would replace my Storm Reign Supreme in this role, but since the ball is still rolling well I'm not ready to replace it yet.

fokai73
08-26-2015, 12:45 PM
I have no idea yet... I may get a NIB, or not. I'll find out after the 2nd week of leagues.....