PDA

View Full Version : Are you picky about bowling bags?

NewToBowling
06-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Started off with those old vintage one ball bags that have shoe compartment underneath (Goodwill)

Than got a old used 2 ball roller bag off Craigslist ($20). Than a 3 ball one ($10). Than a 4 ball one ($10, but handle does not collapse)

I use the 3 ball bag as it has many compartments. Old and beat up but works.

I like clean and simple ones, not the ones that scream out STORM or BRUNSWICK, etc.

LyalC52
06-24-2015, 03:44 PM
I don't really care what is says or color, just so long as the wheels are big and wide.

to many of them have narrow wheels that tip and wobble out in the parking lot

Amyers
06-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Well my family has three 3 ball rollers and an assortment of single carry bags that we have collected.

I have a three year old KR with 3 pockets and the small wheel. This bag is ok isn't as well made as the others. zipper flaps fell off in less than a yr. and the handle broke about 6 months ago. In it's defense it gets used as much as four days a week so I probably put as much wear and tear on a bag than most people do in 2-3 times as long. I also only spent $75 brand new for it.

My wife has the nicest of the KR Series bags with the bigger wheel and more compartments than you can count it is 6 months old and still like new. D*** thing cost like $160 but it's what she wanted

I bought my youngest daughter a 3 ball tote from DV8 the pink one. This one has no real pockets and no compartments (even one would have been nice). It is a tote with the pull strap and little tiny wheels. This one is only two months old. I will say the material on this one feels noticeably heavier than it does on the other bags. This type of bag would only work for me if I was taking another larger roller with me in addition but for her is fine. I got it on sale at Buddies for $50 :).

I don't really care myself what is on them I'm not loyal to any one brand so it doesn't matter wouldn't not buy or buy one because of the name on it. I would be willing to pay for the large wheel on any of my personal future bags.

NewToBowling
06-24-2015, 03:53 PM
I don't really care what is says or color, just so long as the wheels are big and wide.

Yes, the 2 ball roller bag we got has small wheels and tips over a lot. The 3 ball roller bag has bigger wheels and is very sturdy. Shoe compartment fits both mine and wifes shoes. I use this exclusively for both of us

John Anderson
06-24-2015, 04:17 PM
I currently just have a Brunswick single ball tote that also holds shoes, a towel, cleaning spray, and other misc. small things. It's honestly not great and I want a roller that will hold two balls + accessory items.

I'd prefer storm, Ebonite, or Brunswick gear, but I'm not going to be picky if another brand is cheaper and the same quality. I prefer a plain look as opposed to something that is a walking billboard advertisement.

classygranny
06-24-2015, 11:41 PM

I agree with the wheels!!!!

When I purchased my 3 ball roller, I went for the only one that was purple and had 5" wheels. Had to have my favorite color as I usually can't have a purple bowling ball.

It is an Elite, can't tell by looking at it, and it has three big pockets and 5" wheels. No complaints after a year or so.

Amyers
06-25-2015, 09:35 AM
I currently just have a Brunswick single ball tote that also holds shoes, a towel, cleaning spray, and other misc. small things. It's honestly not great and I want a roller that will hold two balls + accessory items.

I'd prefer storm, Ebonite, or Brunswick gear, but I'm not going to be picky if another brand is cheaper and the same quality. I prefer a plain look as opposed to something that is a walking billboard advertisement.

Word of advice save yourself some money and go ahead and get a three ball roller when you upgrade. Most even somewhat serious bowlers carry at least three balls now days. Two strike balls and a spare ball. You can always use the extra space for storage until you get the third ball. See too many people have a tote then they add another ball so the spends some money on a nice two ball roller then they get into the game enough they need a spare then end up going out and spending money again on a three ball roller.

NewToBowling
06-25-2015, 09:39 AM
Word of advice save yourself some money and go ahead and get a three ball roller when you upgrade. Most even somewhat serious bowlers carry at least three balls now days. Two strike balls and a spare ball. You can always use the extra space for storage until you get the third ball. See too many people have a tote then they add another ball so the spends some money on a nice two ball roller then they get into the game enough they need a spare then end up going out and spending money again on a three ball roller.

Agreed. But I'm cheap and look for good deals on Craigslist. I use my bag to carry both mine and wifes balls/shoes/etc

Amyers
06-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Agreed. But I'm cheap and look for good deals on Craigslist. I use my bag to carry both mine and wifes balls/shoes/etc

Not a bad option. My area's small so finding used stuff close is problematic but I've gotten lucky on some clearance stuff at the local pro shop and from buddies and bowling ball.com clearance deals. Me and the wife shared a bag for a while until she got hooked then I had to buy her a three ball roller of her own. My youngest daughter is sharing her three ball with my 4th ball at the moment as she currently only has 2.

classygranny
06-26-2015, 10:23 PM

AMEN! Been there - done that!

Mgower
06-27-2015, 03:07 AM
Just bought a three ball roller. I bought a two ball tote not two months ago and wished I would have just went with the three then. Lesson learned lol.

John Anderson
06-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Just bought a three ball roller. I bought a two ball tote not two months ago and wished I would have just went with the three then. Lesson learned lol.

If you don't mind my asking, what should I expect to pay for a two ball tote or a roller?

J Anderson
06-28-2015, 07:43 AM

When I went from carrying two balls to three I bought a Storm 1-Ball Spare Kit™. Other companies make similar bags that slip over the handles of roller bags. It does tend to make things a bit tippyer but did let me keep using the two ball roller until I decided to start dragging four balls to the alley.

classygranny
06-28-2015, 08:59 AM
If you don't mind my asking, what should I expect to pay for a two ball tote or a roller?

I would say around a $100-$125 for a good quality big wheel 2 bag roller. Never wanted a tote so I'm not sure on that. Sure you are going to see them cheaper, but that's what you get...cheaply made and little wheels.

When I went from carrying two balls to three I bought a Storm 1-Ball Spare Kit™. Other companies make similar bags that slip over the handles of roller bags. It does tend to make things a bit tippyer but did let me keep using the two ball roller until I decided to start dragging four balls to the alley.

But Amyers is still correct. When I went from my two ball up to my three ball, it wasn't very long until I bought my joey bag (1-ball spare kit). I don't always carry it since I bowl mostly on a THS, but when I do tourneys or a new house, then I carry it.

For the extra $50 bucks or so, I would still go with the 3-ball if you really are going to be serious about bowling.

John Anderson
06-28-2015, 02:37 PM
I would say around a $100-$125 for a good quality big wheel 2 bag roller. Never wanted a tote so I'm not sure on that. Sure you are going to see them cheaper, but that's what you get...cheaply made and little wheels.

Thank you. I know I've seen them cheaper and know that when I do eventually purchase a roller, I will go big and splurge for something that should last me a long time.

dnhoffman
06-28-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm picky about the warranty.... Storm Rolling Thunder series has been awesome for me

rv driver
07-07-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm only picky about sturdiness, and having enough compartments for shoes, towels, tape, etc. My pet peeve was having a bag with only room for the ball(s).

jab5325
07-08-2015, 08:10 AM
I just pulled the trigger on a Royal Flush 4-ball roller--it looks pretty awesome......but it's in transit.

dougb
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
I had a lot of different bags in my day but then I got a VISE 3-ball rolling tote with the shoe attachment and never looked back. Absolutely the easiest and lightest option IMO and very well made. Reasonably priced too!

Tony
07-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Word of advice save yourself some money and go ahead and get a three ball roller when you upgrade. Most even somewhat serious bowlers carry at least three balls now days..

Great advice, wish I would have read it 6 months ago when I got a 2 ball roller ! I am now in need of a 3 / 4 ball bag, the only good part is my daughter will be able to use the 2 ball roller when she adds a reactive ball to her bag .....