PDA

View Full Version : Reintroducing myself

dougb
06-28-2015, 03:11 AM
Hello fellow bowlers,

I joined this board back when it first started I believe, then dropped off the bowling sites for awhile and forgot about this site when I came back. I rediscovered it when Brunswick posted about the ball giveaway on their FB page and I'm glad to be back!

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and am a Brunswick guy by choice (not a staffer).

Glad to be back!

Doug

RobLV1
06-28-2015, 06:27 AM
Welcome back Doug! I too am a Brunswick guy and not a staffer. Where do you bowl in the Bay Area?

dougb
06-28-2015, 10:10 AM
Welcome back Doug! I too am a Brunswick guy and not a staffer. Where do you bowl in the Bay Area?

Thanks Rob! I tend to float between Manor Bowl in San Leandro, Castro Village Bowl in Castro Valley, and Earl Anthony's Dublin Bowl.

I just sold off my 15lb arsenal as I prepare for a drop down to 14. I'm looking at getting a Melee Cross, Melee Jab, Gold Rhino Pro, and a LT-48. I am like a kid in a candy store!

RobLV1
06-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Thanks Rob! I tend to float between Manor Bowl in San Leandro, Castro Village Bowl in Castro Valley, and Earl Anthony's Dublin Bowl.

I just sold off my 15lb arsenal as I prepare for a drop down to 14. I'm looking at getting a Melee Cross, Melee Jab, Gold Rhino Pro, and a LT-48. I am like a kid in a candy store!

I use the Cross and the Jab more than any other balls, and take the Lt-48 everywhere I go for when the lanes get toasted. I haven't thrown the Rhino, but I can also recommend the Scholar (I think having one asymmetric ball in the bag is a good idea). I should be getting the Einstein in the next couple of days and I'm really looking forward to trying it as they have modified the Mastermind core to yield a higher rg. It is also a hybrid that should alleviate my problem of choosing between the Intellect and the Scholar depending on where I'm bowling.

Davidjr113
06-28-2015, 11:16 AM
Rob

What led you to going all Brunswick? I know a couple of years ago you had a couple of Zero Gravity and a Tropical Breeze Solid

RobLV1
06-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Rob

What led you to going all Brunswick? I know a couple of years ago you had a couple of Zero Gravity and a Tropical Breeze Solid

My best friend who is also my coach became a Brunswick staffer. Based on his coaching, I have learned to become more comfortable with moving left to find more oil rather than balling down to try to delay the inevitable. Brunswick balls tend to be more "rolley" which allows me to move left and still maintain a good ball reaction.

dougb
06-28-2015, 12:25 PM
I use the Cross and the Jab more than any other balls, and take the Lt-48 everywhere I go for when the lanes get toasted. I haven't thrown the Rhino, but I can also recommend the Scholar (I think having one asymmetric ball in the bag is a good idea). I should be getting the Einstein in the next couple of days and I'm really looking forward to trying it as they have modified the Mastermind core to yield a higher rg. It is also a hybrid that should alleviate my problem of choosing between the Intellect and the Scholar depending on where I'm bowling.

I had both the Melee and the LT-48 in 15 and had great success with both balls/cores, which is why I'm building an arsenal around them. The LT-48 really is a special ball.

From what I've heard the Gold Rhino is equally clean through the heads as the LT-48 and about 2-4 boards stronger on the backend. I plan to put a more aggressive drill on it and then a 5-5 1/2" pin to PAP on the LT-48 so I can play down the twig with it or use it for spares.

I've had success with Storm, Roto Grip, Hanmer, and Columbia 300. But I match up really, really well with Brunswick stuff. As a lower revs and speed player, that controllable roll is good for me.

I have to say I'm most excited about the Jab. From what I've heard it's an amazing piece.

John Anderson
06-28-2015, 08:22 PM
I too joined because I saw activity surrounding a ball giveaway. While I'd love to win a ball as much as the next person, the advice I have already gotten here is awesome and far more important to me. Welcome to the forums Doug. :)

dougb
06-28-2015, 09:59 PM
I too joined because I saw activity surrounding a ball giveaway. While I'd love to win a ball as much as the next person, the advice I have already gotten here is awesome and far more important to me. Welcome to the forums Doug. :)

Thanks John. I actually joined here in Feb 2009, hung around for a minute, and built a homemade ball oven based on a posting here. This is a good site with no trolls!

Aslan
06-29-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm only here for the ball giveaways.

Thanks John. I actually joined here in Feb 2009, hung around for a minute, and built a homemade ball oven based on a posting here. This is a good site with no trolls!
:confused: :o

JamminJD
08-25-2015, 04:48 PM
Piggybacking this post, I too had forgot about this board. Back to see what is going on.

dougb
08-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Nice to see you back!