PDA

View Full Version : Hada Tape Issues

DukeDi
07-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Anyone else ever have issues having Hada tape, or the like, not sticking to your thumb or hand for an entire session. I am not sure if its the summer months or just the quality of the tape I am using(Vise Hada and Lane Masters) but the tape doesn't stick for longer than a few shots. Any tricks to keep the tape secure would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DukeDi

NewToBowling
07-01-2015, 09:42 AM
I use Hada tape every time I bowl and it sticks great. Sometimes too much (which is a good thing).

But I don't sweat much on my hands.

Amyers
07-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Duke,

I can't get the stuff to stick on me during the summer months either and I've tried a few different brands. My hands sweat in the summer months and it just won't stick. I've though of trying to put some skin patch or new skin and apply the tape before it dries to see if that would help but I haven't tried it.

DukeDi
07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
I've tried different brands, Shaving the hair off my thumb, washing my hands before a set. Nothing has worked consistently. I think I will try, you new skin suggestion Amyers Thanks. I will have buy some first or borrow some from a teammates. I have a league tonight I'll post my results.

DukeDi

Amyers
07-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Like I said haven't tried it so let me know how it works. I prefer Robby's skin patch over new skin if you can find it. My guess would be you may be wearing the tape for a while at worst. I think if it get stuck acetone nail polish remover should take it off.

Ishkabibble
07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Try using some alcohol on the back of your thumb before you apply the tape.

bowl1820
07-01-2015, 10:50 AM
I haven't used Hada or Lanemaster tape, But you can try applying some antiperspirant to the back of your thumb.

They actually have antiperspirant for hands, some proshops have it. Master "Control Grip" , Kegel "No Sweat" and there's "Dry Grip" for golfers and some spray on Right guard should work also (Just matter of how long it lasts). Put it on a little while before bowling and wash&dry your hands first.

Personally I wouldn't try new skin under the tape, if you leave New Skin on long it can dry the skin and cause it to crack. (now some will use a little to just tack down the ends of the tape.)

Now I use to use Turbo Tape, but switched to Storm Thunder Tape which seems to stick real good.

Also when I apply tape to my thumb, I put it on with my thumb bent. If you put it on with the thumb straight, when you flex your thumb it pulls and stretches the tape and it tends to cause it to pull loose more.

DukeDi
07-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Antiperspirant, Brilliant! I always like the simple solutions. I'll let you guys know tomorrow how I make out and what worked.

djp1080
07-01-2015, 01:50 PM
I've used protective Hada tape for quite a while. Usually buy the tape by the roll. I cut the tape to length so that it wraps over the end of the thumb and covers both the front and back parts. I fold the tape in half and then cut at an angle on both sides of the tape so the tape wraps around the end of the thumb nicely when I put it on. I tend to get sweaty sometimes and the tape doesn't hold that well. My solution was to cut a shorter piece of Hada tape in half lengthwise. With these narrower piece of tape I wrap it around the end of the tape already in place to keep it from coming loose. Works for me... Hope this helps...

dougb
07-01-2015, 01:54 PM
My issue with the hada patches in the past was quite the opposite: it was hard to peel off and left a residue when I was done that was a pain to remove.

NewToBowling
07-01-2015, 02:20 PM
My issue with the hada patches in the past was quite the opposite: it was hard to peel off and left a residue when I was done that was a pain to remove.

Mine do stay sticky and leave a residue on thumbnail but wouldn't say painful to remove

Mike White
07-01-2015, 05:42 PM

I had that issue when I tried the #2 Red hada patches, but not with #1 Blue or #4 Gray. I've never tried the #3 Green.

Davidjr113
07-01-2015, 07:22 PM
I have had the same problem & did a lot of research on this forum as well as others. What has finally worked for me was first buying Vise TT-25 protection talpe made by Nichiban in Japan. Buddies Pro Shop for one sells it. Then clean the thumb with alcohol wipe, apply new skin and then just before completely dry apply the tape beginning on the complete thumbnail. I have read that Benzoin Compound works as well as new skin but haven't tried it yet although I did buy it. New skin residue can be difficult to remove, nail polish remover sometimes needed. With all that the tape sticks really well for me in league, but on a day like today where I was practicing alone, did four games in a hour and was really sweating the tape was still beginning to detach at the end.

dougb
07-01-2015, 08:03 PM
I had that issue when I tried the #2 Red hada patches, but not with #1 Blue or #4 Gray. I've never tried the #3 Green.

Thanks for telling me this! I only tried the red and that was enough for me. Please remind me the difference in the colors?

Mike White
07-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Thanks for telling me this! I only tried the red and that was enough for me. Please remind me the difference in the colors?

Supposedly the #1 Red is a quickest release, while #4 Gray is the slowest.

Personally I didn't see a difference, but then again, I'm not a proponent of a tight thumb hole.

I feel if you keep your palm at or below the equator of the ball, your thumb isn't supporting the weight of the ball.

If you let your wrist break down where your palm is on top of the ball, friction is the only thing keeping the ball in your hand.

bowl1820
07-01-2015, 08:25 PM

Vise Hada Patch - 40 pieces

1 - Quickest

2 - slightly slower

3 - even slower

4 - slowest release

Vise Hada Patch Blue (#1)
The Blue Hada patch is the smoothest material.
The Blue Hada Patch tape gives you the fastest release of
all the Hada Patches made.

Vise Hada Patch Red (#2)
The Red Hada patch is smoother material,than the Aqua Hada Patch.
The Red Hada Patch tape gives you a faster release,
than the Aqua Hada Patch, but slower then the Blue Hada Patch.

Vise Hada Patch Aqua (#3)
The Aqua Hada patch is smoother material, than the Gray Hada Patch.
The Aqua Hada Patch tape gives you a faster release,
than the Gray Hada Patch but slower release then the Red Hada Patch.

Vise Hada Patch Gray (#4)
The Grey Hada patch is the roughest material.
The Grey Hada Patch tape gives you the slowest release
of all 4 Hada Patch tapes.

DukeDi
07-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Thank you Bowl120! Antiperspirant worked like a charm. Tape didn't move the entire set! I only wish It made me bowl better, I only shot a 534 :( But I at least I shouldn't have to worry about tape on my thumb any longer.

DukeDi

dougb
07-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Thank you Mike White and Bowl 1820! Bowlingboards.com in effect!

Sounds like I need to try the Aqua next.

bowl1820
07-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Thank you Bowl120! Antiperspirant worked like a charm. Tape didn't move the entire set! I only wish It made me bowl better, I only shot a 534 :( But I at least I shouldn't have to worry about tape on my thumb any longer.

DukeDi

Your welcome, glad it worked out for you.

Thank you Mike White and Bowl 1820! Bowlingboards.com in effect!

Sounds like I need to try the Aqua next.

Your welcome, too.