PDA

View Full Version : Nymike's scores

NYMIKE
07-08-2015, 12:41 AM
Will keep log of my scores, I'll be the worst bowler among people who post here.

O7/07
League night, my first outing since last Wednesday, when I bowled personal best 220, also coming off personal best league series of 484. Poor outing today, 113, 141, 123, 377 total

Spares were story of the night, 6/24 on spares, 0/8 on single pins. I was hoping never to bowl sub 400, well it happened. My team won all three games, despite poor outing by me, and my teams high scorer did not bowl well either. I will bowl at least 3 games a day the rest of the week, and Friday go for coaching.

Amyers
07-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Sounds like you have a plan Mike my guess those sub 400 nights will be a thing of the past quickly with some proper coaching and practice good luck. It takes courage to post what we feel are poor scores fortunately poor scores are relative. What for me is a bad score may be a good night for you and what's a good night for me would be a bad night for a bowler like Vdub. Congrats enjoy the game and never feel bad about posting your struggles we all have them it's just relative to where we are in the game.

Aslan
07-08-2015, 02:34 PM
Will keep log of my scores, I'll be the worst bowler among people who post here.
Unless you bowl on wood lanes....in that case MWhite is the worst bowler that posts on here. :eek: OH SNAP!

Don't worry man. My first league was summer 2013. I averaged 135. Very quickly...it moved up into the 160s. If you care enough to post, practice, and learn...you'll be averaging in the 160s within 6-24 months. And like you've noticed...much of the increase in average is spare shooting. As you learn where to line up for spare shots and become more consistent at picking them up...the scores rise dramatically.

How do you get from the 160s to higher averages???

When you figure that out...let me know.

Mike White
07-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Unless you bowl on wood lanes....in that case MWhite is the worst bowler that posts on here. :eek: OH SNAP!

I've averaged 210 on wood lanes before blocked oil patterns and resin balls... you?

I've shot 300 games on wood lanes... you?

I've shot 300 and had it pass a post game lane inspection.. you?.

That beat up splinterfest you equate with wood lanes rewarded the person who threw a semi-weak release, so yes, you're better at throwing a semi-weak release than I am.

However wood lanes in general do not reward a semi-weak release.

Amyers
07-08-2015, 02:53 PM
I've averaged 210 on wood lanes before blocked oil patterns and resin balls... you?

I've shot 300 games on wood lanes... you?

I've shot 300 and had it pass a post game lane inspection.. you?.

That beat up splinterfest you equate with wood lanes rewarded the person who threw a semi-weak release, so yes, you're better at throwing a semi-weak release than I am.

However wood lanes in general do not reward a semi-weak release.

Why was it that I knew this post wasn't going to be long in coming. One set of wood lanes in poor condition does not = all wood lanes

NYMIKE
07-08-2015, 03:34 PM
07/08

My day off from work
111, 141, 132, 136, 117, 178

First five games similar to yesterday, used up my 2 free games, and 3 daily games, since my scores were sucking, shelled $2.90 for another game, and told the cashier that I'll keep going till I have a respectable game. Game 6, bowled 5 strikes, including a turkey, a couple Brooklyns went my way.

17 strikes
16 / 46 on spares
6 / 13 single pin spares, had it been 9 / 13 I would of been pleased

Two sub 130 games unacceptable, hope to do away with those.

Aslan
07-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Why was it that I knew this post wasn't going to be long in coming. One set of wood lanes in poor condition does not = all wood lanes

If only it was this easy to summon Iceman. :(

With Rob I usually can post something that will get him riled....with Mike...even with you or even Bowl1820 (although that's more difficult and somewhat tricky)....but with Iceman...that proud SO*...I've even resorted to calling out Ironworkers in general...and NOTHING!! As a very well-known and well-decorated troublemaker....I find it unacceptable that I can't cause enough trouble to get Iceman to return and defend his good name. Ughhh!

Yes Mike...on wood lanes back in the old days I'm sure you were awesome....BUT!!....nevermind...I'm not going to re-state the defeat on those splintery, woody, dirty....or as I refer to them...awesome, lovely, amazing wood lanes. I'm a good sportsman...I believe in being a GOOD WINNER...and honestly...I'm glad I didn't get it on video because that was hard to watch. The defeat in Temecula was good TV. The defeat in Murrieta was also good TV. And yes, my defeat at the Iceman/Aslan Challenge...also good tv. But...I actually felt bad for you on those wood lanes. That was like watching a duck covered in Exxon oil trying to fly.

Ahh...fond memories...but, back to NYMike...which sounds like a guy that should own a NY pizzeria or a guy that you know that can get you really cheap, stolen stereos.

Mike White
07-08-2015, 06:18 PM
If only it was this easy to summon Iceman. :(

With Rob I usually can post something that will get him riled....with Mike...even with you or even Bowl1820 (although that's more difficult and somewhat tricky)....but with Iceman...that proud SO*...I've even resorted to calling out Ironworkers in general...and NOTHING!! As a very well-known and well-decorated troublemaker....I find it unacceptable that I can't cause enough trouble to get Iceman to return and defend his good name. Ughhh!

Yes Mike...on wood lanes back in the old days I'm sure you were awesome....BUT!!....nevermind...I'm not going to re-state the defeat on those splintery, woody, dirty....or as I refer to them...awesome, lovely, amazing wood lanes. I'm a good sportsman...I believe in being a GOOD WINNER...and honestly...I'm glad I didn't get it on video because that was hard to watch. The defeat in Temecula was good TV. The defeat in Murrieta was also good TV. And yes, my defeat at the Iceman/Aslan Challenge...also good tv. But...I actually felt bad for you on those wood lanes. That was like watching a duck covered in Exxon oil trying to fly.

Ahh...fond memories...but, back to NYMike...which sounds like a guy that should own a NY pizzeria or a guy that you know that can get you really cheap, stolen stereos.

These lane from Brooklyn even as bad as they appear, are in far better shape than the splinterfest you call "awesome"

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/00009b_213d527ef6121b736a43ebd6932fee92.jpg

Aslan
07-08-2015, 06:41 PM
17 strikes
16 / 46 on spares
6 / 13 single pin spares, had it been 9 / 13 I would of been pleased

The good news NYMike...if you truly are from the east coast...is there are LOTS of high level coaches and pros out that way. The Midwest and East coast are hot beds for hockey and bowling. When you get a chance...just find a silver level coach...and just get one basic hour lesson.

That's important...because, again...from my own personal trials and tribulations...it sort of corrects the blatantly BAD things that you are doing...that you have NO idea you are doing.

Next....spare shooting. Even now...with my spare shooting getting better and single-pin spare shooting getting closer to the 70%/80% range...if I have a bad night with spare shooting...I force myself to play "Low Ball" during the net practice. Just throwing at the corner pins. I set a target of say "40" or "60"...and I try to throw 2-3 games in a row under that score. It's not fun....it's like "homework"...but nothing will increase your scores faster than fixing the basics and getting better at spare shooting. Strikes WILL eventually come (at least I hope so)...but spare shooting will NOT get better by itself. It's probably the best thing I've getten from my current coach is a spare shooting system for corner leaves. Before I was doing the 4-8-12 or 3-6-9...and it wasn't working. Then the coach said, "okay...for a 7 or 4 or 4-7...stand here...aim there. For a 10 or a 6 or a 6-10....ya stand here, here, here...aim there." Once I had that nailed down...it's just a matter of not getting my shoulders out of whack and throwing a straight ball. No more "hoping that this works"...just throw the ball straight...ya pick up the pins. Now...I actually worry more about an 8-pin or 9-pin...where I don't have a "line"...because I have to "guess"...same with most multi-pin leaves...I have to use lateral movements...and especially on the right side...sorta "guess" at the target.

Anyways...keep it up! I'm predicting a 160+ average by New Years 2017 if not sooner. :)

NYMIKE
07-08-2015, 06:49 PM
The good news NYMike...if you truly are from the east coast...is there are LOTS of high level coaches and pros out that way. The Midwest and East coast are hot beds for hockey and bowling. When you get a chance...just find a silver level coach...and just get one basic hour lesson.

That's important...because, again...from my own personal trials and tribulations...it sort of corrects the blatantly BAD things that you are doing...that you have NO idea you are doing.

Next....spare shooting. Even now...with my spare shooting getting better and single-pin spare shooting getting closer to the 70%/80% range...if I have a bad night with spare shooting...I force myself to play "Low Ball" during the net practice. Just throwing at the corner pins. I set a target of say "40" or "60"...and I try to throw 2-3 games in a row under that score. It's not fun....it's like "homework"...but nothing will increase your scores faster than fixing the basics and getting better at spare shooting. Strikes WILL eventually come (at least I hope so)...but spare shooting will NOT get better by itself. It's probably the best thing I've getten from my current coach is a spare shooting system for corner leaves. Before I was doing the 4-8-12 or 3-6-9...and it wasn't working. Then the coach said, "okay...for a 7 or 4 or 4-7...stand here...aim there. For a 10 or a 6 or a 6-10....ya stand here, here, here...aim there." Once I had that nailed down...it's just a matter of not getting my shoulders out of whack and throwing a straight ball. No more "hoping that this works"...just throw the ball straight...ya pick up the pins. Now...I actually worry more about an 8-pin or 9-pin...where I don't have a "line"...because I have to "guess"...same with most multi-pin leaves...I have to use lateral movements...and especially on the right side...sorta "guess" at the target.

Anyways...keep it up! I'm predicting a 160+ average by New Years 2017 if not sooner. :)

Seems like when my coach is there my spares come so much easier.

Aslan
07-08-2015, 07:01 PM
These lane from Brooklyn even as bad as they appear, are in far better shape than the splinterfest you call "awesome"

Oh....okay...so you want a rematch in Brooklyn?? Ughhhh...those DO look awesome!! But man...that's a long, long flight....ughhh.

NYMIKE
07-08-2015, 07:14 PM
I'll even pay $45 hourly fee to bowl with such two greats.

Aslan
07-09-2015, 03:26 PM
I'll even pay $45 hourly fee to bowl with such two greats.

Oh...it's usually VERY entertaining. Ask ZDawg. Where's ZDawg?

NYMIKE
07-09-2015, 06:43 PM
O7/09
Better outing today,
142, 187, 156, 123, 171 779

Caught a break when I handed by accident my league card, instead of daily pass, unexpectedly the card had 2 extra free games on it.

8.15 first ball average, only one first shot went into the gutter.

16 strikes
14/34 spares
5/10 on single pins, missed 6 twice, ouch, I'm left handed btw. If I went 7/10 would of been outstanding outing for me. I was constantly shifting on left side, ended up being on 39 board, never been that far left.

Mike White
07-09-2015, 07:04 PM
O7/09
Better outing today,
142, 187, 156, 123, 171 779

Caught a break when I handed by accident my league card, instead of daily pass, unexpectedly the card had 2 extra free games on it.

8.15 first ball average, only one first shot went into the gutter.

16 strikes
14/34 spares
5/10 on single pins, missed 6 twice, ouch, I'm left handed btw. If I went 7/10 would of been outstanding outing for me. I was constantly shifting on left side, ended up being on 39 board, never been that far left.

Being left handed, you are allowed (and expected) to count the boards from left to right, with the 1 board being nearest the left gutter.

NYMIKE
07-15-2015, 12:08 AM
O7/14
League night
132, 157, 121 410
In the second game threw 4 strikes in a row, but left the other 6 frames open. In game 1 had double gutter frame, and 0,1 frame. We got swept today, my teammates didn't have it today, I was the high scorer on my tea for the 4th time in 5 weeks, though I remain lowest scoring average on my team due to sub 300 in week 1. Before I was content with a 400 series not today, missed too many spares.

Struggle continues

NYMIKE
07-15-2015, 05:42 PM
07/15
145, 133, 201 479
Game 1 Did not hit any strikes, made 5 consecutive spares to end the game.

Game 2 Poor spare shooting

Game 3 Left 1,3,7,9 on the first frame, could not pick up 7 pin, my only open frame. Spares were easy this game 5 on the second frame, turkey on third to fifth, 9 on the 6th, 5 on the 7th, 1,2 on the 8th, 1,3, 6 on the 9th, so my spares were manageable even for me. Strike, followed by 7-10 on the last frame, picked up the 10.

I'm excited, my second 200 in the last 12 days, however until I pick up 7, 10 spares with great frequency, it be a rare occurrence.

mc_runner
07-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Nice shooting! The 200s will come more and more - practice at those spares, the strikes will come.

Aslan
07-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Nice shooting! The 200s will come more and more - practice at those spares, the strikes will come.

Totally agree. I've experienced this first hand. Late 2013 I was in the EXACT same place NYMIKE is. I practiced a lot, sometimes I'd get a huge score, sometimes barely break 120.

But then...I bought a spare ball (due to some missed 10-pins in the now apparently defunct BB.com Virtual Bowling Tour). Started working with the same coach every few weeks and developed a very specific spare shooting "system". And NOW....fast forward about 2 years...it's rare, rare, rare that I don't break a 450 series....and about 3-4 times this year I've actually knocked on the door of 700. Threw my first (non-sanctioned) 300-game earlier this year, and was able to get my first 8-bagger (front 8) last week.

But until you have a solid spare shooting system...you're going to initially see a very significant variance in your scores. Once you start getting better at spares...you'll start to see that variance game-to-game reduce. And once you have spare shooting down...then you'll need to perfect other areas that may currently be keeping your scores low...like pocket percentage, strike rate, pocket carry, etc... That's where I am right now...two years later. I've now graduated to fixing stance, approach, timing issues....and actually starting to look at the NEXT level items such as pocket carry and where the ball exits the pin deck...and using that information to change my starting point and/or target....and starting to look at ball speed variance shot to shot.

In some ways, to be honest...although I hated it when it was going on....having a low (20%) strike rate early on was actually a blessing in disguise. It gave me a LOT of practice shooting at spares. I'm not at the VDub level of spare shooting where a miss on an easy spare is the same probability as winning that night's 50/50 drawing....or the Pros where single-pin spare misses are so rare that they're exciting to see...but I can tell you 80% (ish) is a LOT MORE FUN than 50% was...with a LOT MORE stable scores and a LOT MORE 500+ series and 200 games.

NYMIKE
07-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Right now I be ecstatic with 50% on spares, probably be a 150 bowler right away. I think part of the problem of my spare shooting is once I miss first spare throwing hook like my coach tells me, I begin chugging straight fastball. Seems when my coach is there I make a lot more of 7 pin spare shots.

NYMIKE
07-16-2015, 03:46 PM
Another thing that adversely affects my scores are gutter balls, I would love to write about a 3 game series where I did not throw a single gutter ball on the first shot. Sometimes they jappen following a spare, my coach tells me I'm chicken winging some of my balls, not keeping my arm next to my body.

Mike White
07-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Totally agree. I've experienced this first hand. Late 2013 I was in the EXACT same place NYMIKE is. I practiced a lot, sometimes I'd get a huge score, sometimes barely break 120.

But then...I bought a spare ball (due to some missed 10-pins in the now apparently defunct BB.com Virtual Bowling Tour). Started working with the same coach every few weeks and developed a very specific spare shooting "system". And NOW....fast forward about 2 years...it's rare, rare, rare that I don't break a 450 series....and about 3-4 times this year I've actually knocked on the door of 700. Threw my first (non-sanctioned) 300-game earlier this year, and was able to get my first 8-bagger (front 8) last week.

But until you have a solid spare shooting system...you're going to initially see a very significant variance in your scores. Once you start getting better at spares...you'll start to see that variance game-to-game reduce. And once you have spare shooting down...then you'll need to perfect other areas that may currently be keeping your scores low...like pocket percentage, strike rate, pocket carry, etc... That's where I am right now...two years later. I've now graduated to fixing stance, approach, timing issues....and actually starting to look at the NEXT level items such as pocket carry and where the ball exits the pin deck...and using that information to change my starting point and/or target....and starting to look at ball speed variance shot to shot.

In some ways, to be honest...although I hated it when it was going on....having a low (20%) strike rate early on was actually a blessing in disguise. It gave me a LOT of practice shooting at spares. I'm not at the VDub level of spare shooting where a miss on an easy spare is the same probability as winning that night's 50/50 drawing....or the Pros where single-pin spare misses are so rare that they're exciting to see...but I can tell you 80% (ish) is a LOT MORE FUN than 50% was...with a LOT MORE stable scores and a LOT MORE 500+ series and 200 games.

You say 80% is a lot more fun than 50%.

What if one day while you were stuck at the 50% level, you came to bowl and noticed they put a 2" thick rubber ring around the middle of the pin.

Now you instantly achieve the 80% level, would it still be a lot more fun?

Consider the fact that your opponents would also gain because of the ring.

How about if we made it 3" thick.

As some point, everyone is going to be at the 100% level.... still fun?

Aslan
07-17-2015, 03:33 PM
Another thing that adversely affects my scores are gutter balls, I would love to write about a 3 game series where I did not throw a single gutter ball on the first shot. Sometimes they jappen following a spare, my coach tells me I'm chicken winging some of my balls, not keeping my arm next to my body.

I was in the same boat 2 years ago. I'd gutter 1-3 times per series...then it became more like once per series...then 1-2 times per month...and eventually it got so rare that when it happens now I almost can't believe it...and MOST of the time if it happens now it's because I've either been forced well outside my comfort zone of the 6-board...OR... my thumb sticks or the hole is too loose and I drop the ball. I'm more likely to FOUL than to gutter on the first shot...although I'd prefer to gutter than to foul because the buzzer tends to mess with psychologically.

Aslan
07-17-2015, 03:41 PM
You say 80% is a lot more fun than 50%.

What if one day while you were stuck at the 50% level, you came to bowl and noticed they put a 2" thick rubber ring around the middle of the pin.

Now you instantly achieve the 80% level, would it still be a lot more fun?

...As some point, everyone is going to be at the 100% level.... still fun?

I think it would still be more fun...because higher scoring and more success is fun. But I think the more changes like that the BPAA and USBC make...the less likely the sport will be taken seriously and eventually it'll be less of a 'sport' and more a 'drunken bar activity'. And unfortunately the BPAA LOVES that idea...because that makes money...sport bowling doesn't. Last time bowling was on during the week, prime time, I tried to watch it on the TV between lanes while league was going on and everyone complained that they wanted to watch the baseball game. Customers want booze and high fives for getting strikes....that makes them happy...that makes them come back...that makes owners $$$...that makes the BPAA $$. And money is all that really matters at the end of the day.

The USBC doesn't have the muscle it used to that is needed to force standards on BPAA centers...because they need the centers more than the centers need the USBC. The BPAA could just adopt a super-easy pattern, certify their own leagues, set their own rules, and still make $$$. The USBC can't exist with no centers...and the PBA isn't popular enough mandate USBC standards. Those the breaks. : (

NYMIKE
07-17-2015, 06:22 PM
07/17
130, 167,142 439
Game 1 took off my wrist brace to see if I still need it, I feel unmanly for using it, seemed like my ball had a kittle more revs, but less velocity, did not bowl a single strike, I guess not horrible for no brace my bowling center does not have the ball velocity, but it sure looked slower than normal, which makes my game look less manly.

Game 2, put on the brace (?) my wife calls it robo cop glove, and threw first ball strike, could have been a better game with better spare shooting.

Game 3 left the first 5 frames open, for a while it looked like I'm not getting to 100, then 2 strikes, followed by 3 spares.

Not a single gutter ball!

5/32 strikes
7.97 first ball average
12/25 spares, 6/11 single pin spares

Next week my lanes will have new computers installed, but they canceled league night, I hope to get some practice in, maybe even go to another house.

NYMIKE
07-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Did not go Monday because they were installing new machines, went yesterday 07/21, only half the lanes were available as they were continuing work. Lifted the bumpers it was ugly, failed to break 100 in 3 games. Same shot was not playable at all. Asked to be moved to another lane, same thing, but I figured this weird line, I would start out on right gutter, i'm left handed and straight shot over the middle arrow, managed 130 and 131. I saw someone posted earlier about following bumper bowling, that's some experience.

Went again today, similar situation, was given a lane next to a family of 5 bowling with bumpers. This time it was glow in the dark bowling too. However my lane was fresh as I struck my first 3 shots.
191, 146,150 487
8.39 first ball average
1 gutter ball after a strike in the second game
10 /33 strikes
11/21 spares, 5/12 single pins 1/1 on the split ( 3, 10)

NYMIKE
07-23-2015, 06:44 PM
07/23
131, 145, 111, 148, 182, 171 888 (glow in the dark)
Game one threw without my brace, only one strike, also a foot foul negated a strike
Game two five strikes, but a double gutter ball on the 8th frame following a strike, ouch
Game three a gutter ball following a spare
Now the first three games there were kids on the lane next to me, the new computers were on, but they still installing them on the other half, so I was put next to kids. Yes, I know poor musician blames his instruments.

Paid $8.70 for additional 3 games, glad I did

Games 4-6 were a 501 series

Strikes 20/63
Spares 18/42, single pin spares 10/17

Ball speed was 13-16.5 on first balls, seems like 15.5 is my ideal speed, I had some in the 16s but they tend to go on right side. I had a couple of slower strikes as well. Seems like I'm throwing more strikes, but my spares are where the points are at.

NYMIKE
07-24-2015, 03:04 PM
07/24
191, 132, 154, 118, 136, 158, 141 1030 that's a 147.14 average

Basically similar results to yesterday, game 1 was a heartbreaker, struck sixth to ninth frames, on the tenth missed a pocket, would have been an unlikely 1, 3, 6, 7 spare, but I got called for foot foul, I picked up full ten pin spare, a strike on the tenth would have got me 200. Some bad luck on game 4, 4 splits, hence low score.

This week I bowled 21 games. I wanted to go t o another house, but they had kids there this morning, that house has 2 hours for $15 special.

NYMIKE
07-27-2015, 06:46 PM
07/27

Lanes were not fresh, which is actually good for me, my best performance to date.
Game 1 162, no glove, only 2 strikes, but made all but 2 spares
Game 2 130, put the glove halfway in the game, left open first 5, bowled better the last 5 frames
Game 3 180 left 2 open, 4 strikes
Game 4 157 Again 4 strikes, also 3 splits
Game 5 197 Converted 3 10 to start, left another split on 5th, failed to convert, missed 4, 7 on the 6th, struck 8, 9, 10, if I threw a second strike on the 10th would have been a 200+, however left a 5
Used up my free games, paid for the 6th
Game 6 202!!! Missed an 8 pin on the first frame, also failed to convert 1,3 on the third, struck 5 through 9, 5 in a row ties my record, was so excited that split 7, 6, 10 on 10 but hit 6, 10 for my 4th career 200 game and 6 game total 1028, by far my best

NYMIKE
07-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Imperative that I do it in a sanctioned league, nobody cares for batting practice champ, I would love a 200 single, 500 series, I believe my best in a league so far are 182, 484

Aslan
07-27-2015, 06:58 PM
Imperative that I do it in a sanctioned league, nobody cares for batting practice champ, I would love a 200 single, 500 series, I believe my best in a league so far are 182, 484

First step is to do it in practice. Then during sanctioned play. Then start running them together to get nice series. Then the trick will be consistently getting a nice series.

For a guy like vDub...he's aiming to break 600 every single night he bowls league. For me, I'm looking at the 500 mark as my target every single night....or 550.

Better spare shooting will definitely help. Virtually impossible to see consistent scoring with questionable spare shooting.

NYMIKE
07-27-2015, 07:33 PM
First step is to do it in practice. Then during sanctioned play. Then start running them together to get nice series. Then the trick will be consistently getting a nice series.

For a guy like vDub...he's aiming to break 600 every single night he bowls league. For me, I'm looking at the 500 mark as my target every single night....or 550.

Better spare shooting will definitely help. Virtually impossible to see consistent scoring with questionable spare shooting.

Slowly getting better today 19/41 on spares, 10/16 on single pins, most of the misses were on the left side. 8.80 first ball average that blows away any mark I ever had by like .5 a pin. I guess I need to be about 75% on spares to be respacteable

NYMIKE
07-29-2015, 01:13 AM
League bowling
210, 118, 169 497

Threw 7 strikes in game 1, 5 in a row. Game two did not make a single spare. Game 3 began strong, spare, turkey, spare, but left 4 of the last 5 open, including missing 8 pin on both 9th and 10th frames, costing my first sanctioned 500. Spares were brutal 4/17, 0/7 on single pins. I was around pocket all night but kept leaving spares with pins on the left side. Threw 14 strikes.

NYMIKE
07-29-2015, 10:46 PM
07/29
186, 139, 170 495
10 strikes
12/23 spares 4/7 single pin

NYMIKE
08-02-2015, 01:43 AM
07/31
I finish my work at 3:30, my lesson, my lesson with coach was at 5. When I got to the alley coach was working with other students, I bowled 3 games on my own 178, 150, 171 499. Interestingly most of my throws were in the 16 mile range, even topped 17 on a couple of throws, which is about a mile faster than my normal speed, I was excited about this development. However my coach told me that I sped up, and told me to take first step by dragging my left foot. It really slowed me down, coach feels it's for the best. Monday I'm off will work on my timing and spares.

NYMIKE
08-03-2015, 02:51 PM
8/3
9 game marathon
123 155 172 200 135 148 160 150 247
1390 154.44 average
Threw 200 in game 4, I was hoping for 2 in one day for the first time, did not happen.

Aslan
08-04-2015, 03:39 PM
07/31
However my coach told me that I sped up, and told me to take first step by dragging my left foot. It really slowed me down, coach feels it's for the best. Monday I'm off will work on my timing and spares.

I'm working on a similar issue. As was noted by most of the people on this site that have watched my videos...my first step has always been a point of concern. I have long legs and I tend to start with a monster first step with my right foot that crosses over my left foot.

The reason we're trying to fix it is I have a problem where I'm getting to the line early...late timing...I end up "pulling" the ball down...and I usually then miss left. So to fix the timing...we've done numerous things in my stance and approach.

Most recently, like what your coach did, we actually moved my right foot back in the stance...and like your coach, mine tried to get me to slide it in front of the other foot rather than lift the foot up and place it. Subconsciously, if I pick that foot up...I want to take a big step...even if I'm trying not to. But by sliding it...it's still a bit too long...but not the mess it was before.

I know it feels akward...but part of taking lessons is to break bad habits. A lot of bowlers take lessons and get frustrated when the coach suggests something they don't "want" to do. Most of those bowlers have bowled very high scores and the last thing they want to do is become a 180 bowler while they "fix stuff". In short, bowlers tend to be less "teachable" than in other sports. It's so easy to bowl a 200-game or even 225-game...that people think they're too good to have to listen to anyone else's opinions. Not to mention, there's SO many different styles on the tour...it makes people believe that it really doesn't matter what your form and approach and stance and release are...because you're going to "be the one that introduces a new style to the PBA".

I struggle with this every time I watch my favorite (and the best bowler alive) bowler WRW. I WANT to bowl like him...but his form is quirky. Same thing with Mika. I love watching Mika throw the ball...I love that he's able to use loft to control where the ball hooks...and he does it while also releasing the ball "properly". BUT....neither of them are good players to "emulate". Even PBIII, has a more speed dominant, less rev, straighter kind of game...that serves him well as a lefty....but even he admitted would be less successful for a righty (due to the traffic on the right side). Same thing with PDW...he has his own little "style"...it's not "textbook" according to modern day bowling...but it's a classic style that is still allowing Pete to play at the absolute highest level even after 50.

So is there a "right way" to bowl? If so, is it as simple as "just bowl like Chris Barnes"? If so, then why hasn't Chris Barnes been lighting the world on fire lately? I love Sean Rash's form...same thing with Dick Allen. But these guys haven't been "lighting it up" either lately. It makes things confusing for bowlers like us...that are trying to learn the "right" way to bowl when apparently there is no "right" way.

One thing I've been thinking a lot about lately is "form". When I used to be in martial arts...they taught you that you learn form first, then speed, then power. In that order. Form is the basis for everything else. I've been applying that to bowling because, think of it like this:

Have you ever watched a guy bowl and without knowing anything about them...you can TELL that they are good. There's a guy like that in my Tuesday league. I knew he was the best bowler in the league (out of 140+ bowlers) the first time I watched him throw a ball. The anchor on my team in that league...same thing. He bowls with an Ebonite Cyclone...no spare ball...but when you watch him bowl...his form is fantastic. My point is...if you start "looking like a bowler"....you might just become one by accident. But if you're walking up there like you have a broomstick in you pooter...and falling off the shot...off-balanced, etc... then it really doesn't matter if you can hit your mark or how many revs you can generate.

NYMIKE
08-04-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm working on a similar issue. As was noted by most of the people on this site that have watched my videos...my first step has always been a point of concern. I have long legs and I tend to start with a monster first step with my right foot that crosses over my left foot.

The reason we're trying to fix it is I have a problem where I'm getting to the line early...late timing...I end up "pulling" the ball down...and I usually then miss left. So to fix the timing...we've done numerous things in my stance and approach.

Most recently, like what your coach did, we actually moved my right foot back in the stance...and like your coach, mine tried to get me to slide it in front of the other foot rather than lift the foot up and place it. Subconsciously, if I pick that foot up...I want to take a big step...even if I'm trying not to. But by sliding it...it's still a bit too long...but not the mess it was before.

I know it feels akward...but part of taking lessons is to break bad habits. A lot of bowlers take lessons and get frustrated when the coach suggests something they don't "want" to do. Most of those bowlers have bowled very high scores and the last thing they want to do is become a 180 bowler while they "fix stuff". In short, bowlers tend to be less "teachable" than in other sports. It's so easy to bowl a 200-game or even 225-game...that people think they're too good to have to listen to anyone else's opinions. Not to mention, there's SO many different styles on the tour...it makes people believe that it really doesn't matter what your form and approach and stance and release are...because you're going to "be the one that introduces a new style to the PBA".

I struggle with this every time I watch my favorite (and the best bowler alive) bowler WRW. I WANT to bowl like him...but his form is quirky. Same thing with Mika. I love watching Mika throw the ball...I love that he's able to use loft to control where the ball hooks...and he does it while also releasing the ball "properly". BUT....neither of them are good players to "emulate". Even PBIII, has a more speed dominant, less rev, straighter kind of game...that serves him well as a lefty....but even he admitted would be less successful for a righty (due to the traffic on the right side). Same thing with PDW...he has his own little "style"...it's not "textbook" according to modern day bowling...but it's a classic style that is still allowing Pete to play at the absolute highest level even after 50.

So is there a "right way" to bowl? If so, is it as simple as "just bowl like Chris Barnes"? If so, then why hasn't Chris Barnes been lighting the world on fire lately? I love Sean Rash's form...same thing with Dick Allen. But these guys haven't been "lighting it up" either lately. It makes things confusing for bowlers like us...that are trying to learn the "right" way to bowl when apparently there is no "right" way.

One thing I've been thinking a lot about lately is "form". When I used to be in martial arts...they taught you that you learn form first, then speed, then power. In that order. Form is the basis for everything else. I've been applying that to bowling because, think of it like this:

Have you ever watched a guy bowl and without knowing anything about them...you can TELL that they are good. There's a guy like that in my Tuesday league. I knew he was the best bowler in the league (out of 140+ bowlers) the first time I watched him throw a ball. The anchor on my team in that league...same thing. He bowls with an Ebonite Cyclone...no spare ball...but when you watch him bowl...his form is fantastic. My point is...if you start "looking like a bowler"....you might just become one by accident. But if you're walking up there like you have a broomstick in you pooter...and falling off the shot...off-balanced, etc... then it really doesn't matter if you can hit your mark or how many revs you can generate.

Well said, initial thought didn't I bowl 210 game last week, then I remember that I followed the 210 with 118, until form if perfected there be a large variance.

NYMIKE
08-05-2015, 12:07 AM
08/04
League night
126, 127, 180 433
My team is me (123 average last fall), player b is a man in his 50s throws straight 15 to 16 mph (137 last season) player c is a man 66 yrs old throws very slow but best spare shooter of the 3, he averaged 127 last season. At the start of the night I was averaging 131 this summer, players b and c 132. I had a chance to become teams leading scorer, which I been 4 of the last 5 weeks, but I had sub 300 week 1 and 317 week 2 so it's been a long climb. Player b out scored me today by about 20 points, it would mean a lot to top him in the next 4 weeks.
As a team we swept a team that had a player averaging 191, 169 and 149. 149 dude throws helicopter. Handicap of 102 took us to victory. In game 3 threw 4 in a row to salvage my night.

NYMIKE
08-12-2015, 01:05 AM
08/11/15
League night
206, 151, 108 465
Game one was great,just missed the 4 on the first frame.
Game two left a couple open.
Game three first shot a gutter ball, just sucked
My team won all 3 today, my straight ball chugging teammate put up a 520, we swept as we were getting 92 pins, back to back sweeps of the same team. Just sucks that I needed 143 in game 3 for 500 series and I sucked in game three.

Aslan
08-12-2015, 03:17 PM
How was your spare shooting?

Usually when I see a 206 and a 108...either it's a high rev guy that just couldn't adjust to rapidly drying lanes...or in most cases is a very poor spare shooter who scores 206 when he's striking but once he starts leaving things...scores drop substantially.

NYMIKE
08-12-2015, 08:10 PM
How was your spare shooting?

Usually when I see a 206 and a 108...either it's a high rev guy that just couldn't adjust to rapidly drying lanes...or in most cases is a very poor spare shooter who scores 206 when he's striking but once he starts leaving things...scores drop substantially.

Yesterday I was 12/23 on spares 6/9 on single pins, but only 3/10 in game 3, no strikes that game.

Today 08/12
112, 137, 152, 164, 142, 136 843
Only 6 strikes in 6 games, I expect like 3 per game. Spares 29/55, 8/16 on single pins. It's possible l wore out my ball, it has probably 250 to 300 games on it. When the fall season begins ill buy another ball, and plastic ball as well. Tomorrow seeing my coach. Also my thumb is so blistered and probably won't heal till amf promotion ends, ill cut down on my volume then. My goal for summer league was 150 average, it's 134 now, but if you cut the first two weeks out its about 145. Still want my first 500 in a league, 2 weeks left in the summer.

Aslan
08-13-2015, 02:09 AM
You're way too similar to me about 18 months ago. Thats strange. Like seeing a person on the street that looks just like you. :eek:

The good news is:
1) You're going to the coach earlier than I did. (That will save you time since you won't be working on things you invented that later turn out to be ridiculous)
2) Even though it seems tiring and people think you're crazy…it's still bowling. And bowling is almost always better than doing most any other thing.
3) As you get better…you'll practice less…naturally. But you'll get more out of it.

The key is to get as good as you can before you blow out a knee, elbow, back, ankle, or shoulder. Thats the trick all bowlers face.

NYMIKE
08-13-2015, 06:49 PM
No bowling injuries, but all kinds of powerlifting injuries for me lol, sciatica was flaring up, as soon as it healed another back injury, i dropped deadlift from my lifting for the time being, and its the only lift i was decent at.

Mike White
08-13-2015, 10:10 PM
No bowling injuries, but all kinds of powerlifting injuries for me lol, sciatica was flaring up, as soon as it healed another back injury, i dropped deadlift from my lifting for the time being, and its the only lift i was decent at.

To avoid injury, I've limited my lifting to forks, spoons, knives, and glasses.

Aslan
08-14-2015, 06:33 PM
To avoid injury, I've limited my lifting to forks, spoons, knives, and glasses.

Not to mention, with your lackluster sex life, you don't have to worry about those pesky pelvic injuries.

Glass is half full.

Mike White
08-14-2015, 06:53 PM
Not to mention, with your lackluster sex life, you don't have to worry about those pesky pelvic injuries.

Glass is half full.

I believe they call that projecting.

Just because you have issues in your life doesn't mean the rest of us have the same issues.

NYMIKE
08-19-2015, 12:08 AM
08/18 league night
131, 142, 149 422
Game 1, not a single strike
Game 2 had a double
Game 3 4 strikes including a double on the 10th. I wish we had one more game in a league perhaps I'd post a score in 180-220 range. My team was mediocre team for the first 8 weeks of the season, barely above .500, suddenly we caught fire and swept 3 straight weeks, and next week will play for championship, there is no money prize in this league in the summer. My anchor carried us for third straight week. He came in averaging 138, and posted his second consecutive 500. I wanted to catch him in average, won't happen since he out bowled me by 78 points today. Our opponent today was the team of a dude I posted about bowling 575 with 130 average, well today he bowled 375. We won the first 2 games by a total of 4 points. Last game we won conformably.

No gutter bowls today, but only 7.97 first bowl average.
6 strikes
11/25 spares, 4/8 single pins

Tony
08-19-2015, 01:01 AM
Yesterday I was 12/23 on spares 6/9 on single pins, but only 3/10 in game 3, no strikes that game.

Today 08/12
112, 137, 152, 164, 142, 136 843
Only 6 strikes in 6 games, I expect like 3 per game. Spares 29/55, 8/16 on single pins. It's possible l wore out my ball, it has probably 250 to 300 games on it. When the fall season begins ill buy another ball, and plastic ball as well. Tomorrow seeing my coach. Also my thumb is so blistered and probably won't heal till amf promotion ends, ill cut down on my volume then. My goal for summer league was 150 average, it's 134 now, but if you cut the first two weeks out its about 145. Still want my first 500 in a league, 2 weeks left in the summer.

Some quality coaching should go a long way toward improving your game,maybe you should have your ball checked by a skilled PSO and see if it needs maintenance and adjustment, your thumb might be suffering due to a ball fit issue. If you're not sure how good the original ball fitter was, maybe you can get a reference from your coach and see someone he uses to take a look at your ball.
Good Luck getting that first 500!

Aslan
08-19-2015, 01:48 AM
I believe they call that projecting.

Just because you have issues in your life doesn't mean the rest of us have the same issues.

Actually, projecting has multiple definitions…but I do apologize if my post interrupted your Hugh Hefner lifestyle.

NYMIKE
08-20-2015, 06:37 PM
8/20
My best outing ever
168, 140, 182 , 214, 202
I dropped macho stuff and listened to my coach, slow rolling at 13 to 14 miles. Game 5 would of been a record if not for a gutter ball following a spare.
8.18 first ball average
22/56 strikes
19/32 spares, 7/9 on single pins, 4/5 on the 7 pin.
I did not bother paying for game 6 following back to back 200s, which is the first time ever I posted 2 in one day. 598 over the last 3 games. I intended practicing a game throwing at left corner pins will do so on another day. I hope more days like that.

fortheloveofbowling
08-20-2015, 06:43 PM
8/20
My best outing ever
168, 140, 182 , 214, 202
I dropped macho stuff and listened to my coach, slow rolling at 13 to 14 miles. Game 5 would of been a record if not for a gutter ball following a spare.
8.18 first ball average
22/56 strikes
I did not bother paying for game 6 following back to back 200s, which is the first time ever I posted 2 in one day. 598 over the last 3 games. I intended practicing a game throwing at left corner pins will do so on another day. I hope more days like that.

Nice shootin, keep it up.

Amyers
08-20-2015, 08:08 PM
8/20
My best outing ever
168, 140, 182 , 214, 202
8.18 first ball average
22/56 strikes

Congrats Mike nice bowling

NYMIKE
08-21-2015, 07:37 PM
08/21
155, 143, 109
There are no leagues on friday, lanes were not oiled but outing sucked. I'm not versatile, I only play second arrow, and strikes weren't falling.

NYMIKE
08-26-2015, 12:21 AM
08/24
154, 123, 148, 116, 135
Poor outing

NYMIKE
08-26-2015, 12:32 AM
08/25
League Final
We swept our opponents 3 week, and made Cindarella run to play for championship. We were getting 40 points.
Game 1 I throw 169, both of my teammates above average, we win by 158 points.
Game 2 139, both of my teammates below average we lose.
Game 3 I start with a spare, follow with 2 strikes, but only get one mark the rest of the way, both of my teammates below average, we lose, between the 3 of us we made one mark in the last 3 frames, we did not deserve a win. Our opponents weren't great, but they did enough.
We decided to keep our team together for the fall. League be a USBC certified, weekly dues be $21 up from 20 last year, summer league was 15. Summer league was not USBC certified, not sure if last years was. It be a bigger league, I'll have to get better.

NYMIKE
09-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Did not post for a while. Bought new ball, Motiv Venom Shock. My thumb has gotten a little bigger so ball had to be drilled slightly different, I made mistake of bowling for the first time with a new ball at a league play.
On 09/08 bowled a 381, release issues due to the new drilling.
09/15 160, 137, 144 nothing great, but 3 games above average.

09/21 practice
181, 190, 139, 202, 173
In game 1 had a chance for my second career clean game, but missed a 7 pin on the 10th. 202 was the first 200 game with the new ball, and 13th overall, 12 of them were since july 1. 6th game took about 15 throws at a 7 pin, still suck there.

NYMIKE
09-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Got my first league 500 series!
180, 159, 176 515
My team swept for the second week in a row. Threw 12 strikes on the night. Trouble is after 9 games I'm averaging 149, so next week I'm expected to bowl no less than 150, I can imagine what you guys here that average in the 200s feel like.

NYMIKE
10-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Bowled 13 games today, which is the most I ever got in 2 hours, usually I only manage 12 in 2 hours, that means I threw more strikes today, haha.
113, 138, 156, 181, 177, 161 201, 155. 182, 161, 200, 185, 168

Got 2 200 games in one day, means 15 in my life, 3 of them with the Shock.

45/140 strikes
50/90 spares made 3 splits today
28/42 single spares

I'm very pleased that 11 games in a row I bowled 150+, cause on Tuesday I bowled a 411 series, hopefully is behind me. I'm anxiously awaiting new high game, I have a feeling it's coming soon.

Aslan
10-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Ahhh...the good ole days of 12-game practices!!

No longer my "thang" for a few reasons:
1) $$- The new center only offers a 0.75 cent reduction for league members...so you end up paying around $3/game.
2) Practices more "focused"...now I still try to practice regularly...but there's usually something specific I'm trying to work on.
3) With my shot more reliant on the oil pattern than it used to be...and the new center only oiling lanes pre-leagues...there's really not as much of a 'point' to practicing. I practice spare shooting and my plastic ball hooks. I try to practice my strike shot...by Game 3 I'm down to my weakest ball and still can't stay right of the headpin.

I'll probably try and get some practice in tonight. Not sure what I'll work on specifically. Probably at least one game of just shooting corner pins. Maybe get a feel for the new ball in the arsenal...how close/different it is to the Melee Jab.

But keep it up! Once you get things worked out a bit more...the good news is you might not need "marathon sessions". I actually miss it in some ways. People might say I'm crazy...but I could bowl all day. My only limitation is $$ and the possibility that my knee may spontaneously collapse. Well, that and trying to bowl on dry plywood doesn't tell ya much regarding what your ball is going to do on league night.

NYMIKE
10-08-2015, 06:58 PM
1) $$- The new center only offers a 0.75 cent reduction for league members...so you end up paying around $3/game

I bowl my league at AMF, for league members games are $2.90, in the summer I was on their $30 promotion, now school started and they have high school teams practicing there at my hour (4 pm), so I relocated to a private Astoria Lanes. Their pricing is $10 per hour and $15 for 2. Today was my day off, and I woke up early, so I took 2. I've done that 2 hour special about 6 or 7 times, and until today I been going a minute a frame, so 12 games in 2 hours, today my strike percentage was 34%, since I been keeping score on pinpal (july 1st) its been 26%, so this increase allowed me additional game!

NYMIKE
10-21-2015, 12:31 AM
Yesterday practiced 12 games, first 7 were all at least 160, high was 202, I wished I went home because my next 5 were 115 to 144 range, still 155 average over 12 games is good for me, had 6 minutes left over threw some balls at the 7 pin, lately 10 pin been giving me trouble, I need to hit closer to third arrow, rather than second.

League night tonight
188, 164, 118 same as yesterday, lane broke down, was unable to adjust. One of my team mates was a no show, so was one of opponents, it was 2 on 2 bowling, we got swept, even in game 1 when I bowled 40 pins over average. Raised my average tonight, but 118 was horrible

bubba809
10-21-2015, 07:31 AM
Wow, 12 games are a hell of a lot of games for one session. I'm sure if I now tried bowling that many games, my scores would drop as well just from fatigue.

Tony
10-21-2015, 08:51 AM
I've tried throwing a lot of games like that before ( one of the places has a 7.00 for 2 hours special) but found it was counter productive for me. I usually throw 4 games up to a max of 6 games for practice and then walk away. We all have those crap games once in a while as time goes on you will have less of them but still when you're trying something or have a rough outing you just have to learn what you can from it and shake it off.

NYMIKE
10-28-2015, 01:37 AM
Mets were playing World Series game, I never seen a World Series out of my favorite sports team. Showed up early bowled 2 free practice games with my teammate. Game 1 was like a 130, bowled 192 in game 2.

League Night
154, 190, 188 532 my new league high.
in game 2 left a 5 pin on the second frame, would of been my second clean game
I'll be honest, out of 10 strikes that I threw in 3 games, 5 were Brooklyns.
Spares were 14 for 20, 2 for 4 on single pins, missed the 5 I mentioned, also missed a 7. My team swept. My average in this league is 151.75

Mets loss tarnished the night.

JasonNJ
10-28-2015, 09:22 AM
League Night
154, 190, 188 532 my new league high.
in game 2 left a 5 pin on the second frame, would of been my second clean game
I'll be honest, out of 10 strikes that I threw in 3 games, 5 were Brooklyns.
Spares were 14 for 20, 2 for 4 on single pins, missed the 5 I mentioned, also missed a 7. My team swept. My average in this league is 151.75

Nice shooting. AS for the Brooklyn strikes do you normally throw a lot of Brooklyn strikes? What ball are you using?

Also since you're in Queens I thought you might be interested. Ebonite is having a demo day in East Islip on 11/8. They were supposed to have one at Jib Lanes too but I called Jib and the PSO said it's been cancelled so I'm going to try and make the Demo Day in East Islip. I wanna try the bowlerID thing that they have. It is a small device they put into a ball and it records your speed, rev rate and PAP. Here's the link if you're interested.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/render?eid=YjdiNGRraXY3dXVqbzg3anNrcWh0MWQ3MG8gbnV 2ZTZoM2ZkNG9vNm9wZnJiY2M4YzlsaWdAZw&ctz=America/Chicago&sf=true&output=xml#eventpage_6

manke
10-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Keep up the good work! You will figure it out.

NYMIKE
10-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Nice shooting. AS for the Brooklyn strikes do you normally throw a lot of Brooklyn strikes? What ball are you using?

Also since you're in Queens I thought you might be interested. Ebonite is having a demo day in East Islip on 11/8. They were supposed to have one at Jib Lanes too but I called Jib and the PSO said it's been cancelled so I'm going to try and make the Demo Day in East Islip. I wanna try the bowlerID thing that they have. It is a small device they put into a ball and it records your speed, rev rate and PAP. Here's the link if you're interested.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/render?eid=YjdiNGRraXY3dXVqbzg3anNrcWh0MWQ3MG8gbnV 2ZTZoM2ZkNG9vNm9wZnJiY2M4YzlsaWdAZw&ctz=America/Chicago&sf=true&output=xml#eventpage_6

I throw Motiv Shock. Brooklyn strikes come sometimes, I take them. I don't think I'll be able to come out to East Islip, thanks for invite, it be good to see one of those things/

NYMIKE
11-02-2015, 02:49 PM
11/2
152 139 157 150 220 150

Had no strike line, was battling to make spares. average outing, suddenly in game 5 line emerged for a 4 beggar, and my second ever clean game, tied my high score. Spared the 10th, missed the pocked on a bonus ball leaving 2 7 split, i wanted a new high score. 17/33 on multiple pins, and
9/12 on singles. Line disappeared the following game, battled hard to salvage 150 out of it.

Aslan
11-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Now that you've thrown a couple clean games...you at least know you're capable of it.

NYMIKE
11-04-2015, 08:20 AM
Showed up early bowled 2 practice games 140, 130 was not bringing my arm close to my body, hence all my shots were right of the target.

In the league we were bowling opponents, 3 bowlers around my age early to mid 30s. One of them is missing an arm, but he throws 21 mph straight ball, though I found out it's only 12 lbs. The other bowler throws backup ball with high revs, his backswing is head high, third bowler is a cranker too. In the past I bowled really badly against them. They trash talk, one time I told them before the start of the match "We'll whoop your behind" and proceeded to bowl one of my worst outings ever.. Today one of them told me "We swept last week, we'll sweep you tonight" I did not say anything back to him. Their averages were 156, 157, 158 going into the night.
147 173 155 475
I was slightly above average, as were my teammates, one arm guy bowled good, his friends did not, we swept them. Felt really good.
Stayed to bowl 2 more games afterwards
187, 194
Strikes began to fall, I even struck without hitting a headpin, lol, I wish I was so lucky during league play.

NYMIKE
11-06-2015, 02:23 PM
110 146 139 149 176 151 134 160 158 210 179 149

First ball I threw went into the gutter, threw another gutter in game 1, was awful on single pins today. Late in the day I found the strike like, its the first left arrow, which I never played before. For once good thing I paid for 2 hours instead of 1, salvaged a 155 average on the day.

NYMIKE
11-23-2015, 11:24 PM
League Nights
11/10 167, 128, 169 464
11/17 148, 166. 141 455

11/22 Hit a special at another alley, second time ever at that alley. After 08:30 pm till close $10, bowled astounding 15 games, and threw a game just hitting the 7 pins. Averaged 138 in those 15 games, this house is low scoring, strikes are difficult to come by, and splits galore. If I'll ever come back to that house, I will not go by myself. Has anyone ever here bowled 15 games in less than 3 hours?

11/23 scheduled a lesson with the coach at my league AMF house. He was coaching his hs teams, afterwards worked with me, my first lesson since August. Five straight weeks I bowled 450 in the league, but only once in those 5 weeks I hit 500, so my average plateau.
183, 160, 233 576, 233 is my highest game ever. Made a spare in the first, strike, chopped a spare in the third and threw 6 straight strikes afterwards, first time I ever threw 6 in a row. Made a spare in the 10th, hopefully I'll bowl better tomorrow in the league play.

NYMIKE
02-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Some moderate success to report in league play
01/19/16
176 158 187 521

following week was canceled due to snow storm

02/02/16
203 137 163 503
My first consecutive 500s

bubba809
02-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Good bowling Mike. Expect many more of them and then your first 600!

NYMIKE
05-20-2016, 08:05 PM
Haven't posted here in a while, was up and down season finished with either 150 or 151 average, it was at 153 at one point, then went into a 2 month slump where I failed to hit my average in 7 out of 8 weeks. Last 3 weeks I bowled over my average in a league including my new league series of 559 and single game 220.

In the month of April I posted overall average of 165, and started May similarly. Today though was magical.
128, 154, 205, 269, 168, 159, 185.
269 started with 8 in a row, after 6 lady on the right lane was watching me, made me nervous, left a 3 pin on the 9th, made my conversion, struck the 10, 7/ for a 269, previous high was 240. I never bowled 3 200s in a game, thought today was the day. Didn't happen. On the lane right of me a guy posted 220 plus in 5 out of 6 games, he told me he has a 230 average.

NYMIKE
05-31-2016, 10:26 PM
05/31
223, 194, 149
Concluded month of May, my best ever month of bowling. Bowled 88 games, average was 168.86. 13 games out 88 were 200s. 21 were below 150. Still below 50% on the 7 pin. I'm skipping summer league, but using AMF pass daily, hopefully will be over 170 in june.

NYMIKE
06-02-2016, 07:07 PM
6/2
Burnt up lanes
164, 179, 178 521
5 strikes in games one but only one spare conversion, last 2 games nothing special