PDA

View Full Version : bowling intel

tracy
07-08-2015, 06:22 PM
What ever became of Bowler Intel site? I use to go there all the time and got very good information from several bowlers.

classygranny
07-08-2015, 07:09 PM
The guy that held the license didn't renew and they wouldn't let the ones that were still interested in the website pay for it to continue, so it basically became defunct due to non-payment.

tracy
07-08-2015, 07:24 PM
too bad to hear that.

Aslan
07-16-2015, 02:05 PM
It would be nice to see that site and it's leadership merge with this site. It might give Bowl1820 some help moderating and providing content and I think everyone would benefit from their input.

Unfortunately, and it pre-dates me slightly, but it seems that site was created almost as an alternative to this site....this site was deemed a little too "casual" for some folks. Characters like Iceman and myself were not as appreciated by the masses...especially the older, more curmudgeony folks.

I did join bowlingintel under a super secret CIA level alias...and contributed from time to time. Why did I use an alias? Well, for one thing, BEFORE I even considered visiting that site, a comment was made on that site pertaining to me that essentially stated "people like me" would not be welcome. So, I became a person that they would welcome.

But hopefully it leads to those folks contributing and participating more here...putting up with characters like me....and maybe Iceman should he ever return from mining blood diamonds in the lost city of Atlantis...and sharing their wealth of knowledge and opinions.