PDA

View Full Version : Going ahead with switching to 14lb equipment

Tony
07-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Thanks to advise and experiences I have decided to go ahead with switching to 14lb gear, the kicker was when I stopped at my favorite pro-shop and asked about availability of a 14lb DV8 black spare ball the owner said he uses 14lb balls due to a past wrist issue and did not see his average suffer, he is in the 220's.
I already have the DV8 devine diva I won here and ordered an DV8 Outcast and the DV8 spare ball, will have to try the diva on some league conditions and see if it can handle the heavy oil, if not might have to add another ball.

Amyers
07-10-2015, 10:55 AM
That Divine will handle the oil don't worry about that Tony. If you need to you can hit the surface lightly with a 2k or 3k pad but I highly doubt you will need to unless your bowling on super heavy stuff. That divine can handle some oil.

bubba809
07-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Best move I made.

Tony
07-10-2015, 12:51 PM
That Divine will handle the oil don't worry about that Tony. If you need to you can hit the surface lightly with a 2k or 3k pad but I highly doubt you will need to unless your bowling on super heavy stuff. That divine can handle some oil.

That's what I am hoping but the league I bowl in really puts it down heavy. At times last year the Hyper Cell Skid would just go straight ! I have improved my release and rotation on the ball so that should help, all I can do is play a few games and see how it works.

Amyers
07-10-2015, 01:38 PM
That's what I am hoping but the league I bowl in really puts it down heavy. At times last year the Hyper Cell Skid would just go straight ! I have improved my release and rotation on the ball so that should help, all I can do is play a few games and see how it works.

The Divine will start much earlier than the Hyper Cell Skid day light and dark difference.

Tony
07-10-2015, 01:49 PM
The Divine will start much earlier than the Hyper Cell Skid day light and dark difference.

Yes, it seems to start more mid lane and is a more gradual move toward the pocket rather than a hard flip at the end. I have discovered I am more comfortable with the gradual move than the hard flip. I have the rhino pro gold and that tends toward the hard flip also. I am replacing that ball with the outcast that's supposed to be a more controllable gradual hook style ball also.
I am hoping the Divine will work well for me as the first ball and later when the lanes dry up a bit go to the outcast.