PDA

View Full Version : Primal Rage Remix Review

Mohrevs
07-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Motiv Primal Rage Remix
I drilled my Remix 50 X 4.5" X 45 with the intent of using this ball on the high volume fresh patterns and being able to chase the wax left. The ball design allows for this ball to be used on longer patterns with more volume. For a pearl ball, I have been searching for this type of design for a while. I have struggled on higher volume patterns with some of the older stuff reading the lane to much and not having enough motion for the back part of the lane. The Remix clears the front part of ease, with plenty of mid lane read and less overall motion down lane than most pearls. My issue with a lot of the Hockey stick balls has been their over sensitivity to Friction. This is not the case with the Remix, the Remix reads the dry in a much smoother way, more predictable. For those looking for a ball with stronger motion than the Revolt and less down lane motion than the Original Primal Rage, I believe this ball will fit very well. I liken this ball to a lot of the older Motiv balls, Clean front, good Mid Lane and good movement down lane. The Remix's continuation through the pins is much like all the Motiv greats.

Balls the Remix reminds me of:
Raptor Attack
Freshly Drilled Original Thrash
Storm Sure Fire

C Mohr
Motiv Staff

ChuckR
07-17-2015, 06:57 PM
Motiv Primal Rage Remix
I drilled my Remix 50 X 4.5" X 45 with the intent of using this ball on the high volume fresh patterns and being able to chase the wax left. The ball design allows for this ball to be used on longer patterns with more volume. For a pearl ball, I have been searching for this type of design for a while. I have struggled on higher volume patterns with some of the older stuff reading the lane to much and not having enough motion for the back part of the lane. The Remix clears the front part of ease, with plenty of mid lane read and less overall motion down lane than most pearls. My issue with a lot of the Hockey stick balls has been their over sensitivity to Friction. This is not the case with the Remix, the Remix reads the dry in a much smoother way, more predictable. For those looking for a ball with stronger motion than the Revolt and less down lane motion than the Original Primal Rage, I believe this ball will fit very well. I liken this ball to a lot of the older Motiv balls, Clean front, good Mid Lane and good movement down lane. The Remix's continuation through the pins is much like all the Motiv greats.

Balls the Remix reminds me of:
Raptor Attack
Freshly Drilled Original Thrash
Storm Sure Fire

C Mohr
Motiv Staff

I currently have balls from Brunswick, RotoGrip, Columbia. Does it make sense to go to one Manufacturer these days for all conditions? Would it make sense to buy 3 of these balls and drill them as shown in the video for all conditions from Sport to THS conditions?
Of course I would have to buy a new bag as I only have a 3 ball bag now. I would have to keep the Columbia WD and the UpRoar( I love this ball).