PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for equipment

RedStorm
07-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Recently while I've been bowling, the fingertips used in my bowling ball have been chaffing and burning causing my skin to crack and break.

Does anybody have any recommendations on some sort of tape that's thin enough to put on my fingertips to stop the damage but still have me able to fit my fingers in the bowling ball?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

bowl1820
07-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Recently while I've been bowling, the fingertips used in my bowling ball have been chaffing and burning causing my skin to crack and break.

Does anybody have any recommendations on some sort of tape that's thin enough to put on my fingertips to stop the damage but still have me able to fit my fingers in the bowling ball?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Basically any tape placed on the fingers tips will cause them to feel tighter when placed in the holes.

First I would look and see if this is a fit issue.

Check the size inserts your using and the type (different types can give you a different feel), also if their worn out and properly aligned with your fingers

Also your grip span/pitches etc. which could be causing you to place undo pressure on the fingertips.

Stormed1
07-24-2015, 10:55 PM
+1 for what bowl 1820 msaid. If you do use finger grips you can get them changed to a size that will fit your taped fingers to still have a good fit

Tony
07-25-2015, 05:07 PM
You might want to have your fit checked by a different pro shop than drilled the ball to get a "second opinion". I had a ball with grips that was way longer than normal because of an error by the driller (I assume) but he had found no problem with the ball.
My fingers were ok it was my thumb taking the damage from the extra span. I went to another shop and as I was putting the ball onto the counter he commented " that span is way too long for you", this was before I even started to explain the problem.
Another time I did have some problem with my fingers hurting and it turned out that the grips were too small ... Just changed them and everything was fine.
So like 1820 suggested fit might be the issue and in my personal experiences, it was indeed fit.

RedStorm
07-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll bring my ball to the pro shop as soon as I can.