PDA

View Full Version : Contest July 27, 2015 to Aug 2, 2015 - Brunswick Brute Strength

BowlingBoards.com
07-27-2015, 03:56 PM
We are giving away a Brunswick Brute Strength to a random poster from July 27, 2015 through Aug 2, 2015.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com. Contest winners will receive Free Shipping within the contiguous US. Winners from other locations are eligible to win but will be responsible for actual shipping costs to their location.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of "trying to win" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

NewToBowling
07-27-2015, 05:49 PM
I like brute

John Anderson
07-27-2015, 09:44 PM
Yes! Another Brunswick ball up for grabs. I want one.

atravis149
07-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Looks like a wonderful bowling ball to use on the lanes.

DukeDi
07-28-2015, 08:26 AM
A Ball with an actual Brunswick Label would be Sweet.

dougb
07-28-2015, 08:41 AM
Word from staffers and non-staffers alike is that Brunswick got it right with the core/cover combo on this and produced an exceptionally good benchmark and THS ball. Good luck to the winner!

Amyers
07-28-2015, 08:50 AM
I haven't seen a lot of Brunswick in the past at the new center I have been bowling at their is quite a bit but everything is on the higher end. Mainly the Mastermind line wouldn't mind showing off some of their mid range stuff.

rhaith85
07-28-2015, 10:34 AM
I don't think I've ever thrown Brunswick. I'll give it a go!

manke
07-28-2015, 03:25 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about this ball!!

John Anderson
07-28-2015, 03:57 PM
I don't think I've ever thrown Brunswick. I'll give it a go!

You definitely should. They make some nice equipment.

dougb
07-28-2015, 07:02 PM
You definitely should. They make some nice equipment.

+1! I can't say enough good things about the Melee Jab and Melee Cross!

John Anderson
07-28-2015, 07:59 PM
+1! I can't say enough good things about the Melee Jab and Melee Cross!

I've got my sights set on a Mastermind Scholar still, and just might place an order for one. Ebonite served me well too, but I don't like the look of their current lineup as much.

dougb
07-28-2015, 11:42 PM
I've got my sights set on a Mastermind Scholar still, and just might place an order for one. Ebonite served me well too, but I don't like the look of their current lineup as much.

Scholar is also supposed to be a winner. Can't say I've thrown any of the Masterminds.

dougb
07-29-2015, 01:58 AM
Did anybody see the contest question over on BowlingBoards.com's Facebook page? The question is "What bowler has the most power you've ever seen?"

Many people responded with Robert Smith, and I have to agree. I pulled up this old video from YouTube to demonstrate. Look at the match at about 5:40 in. The man had an estimated 600+ revs and threw his spare balls at 30 mph. I've seen him bowl more recently and he has mellowed with age. But this is amazing stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi8uer22nB8

Amyers
07-29-2015, 09:33 AM
Did anybody see the contest question over on BowlingBoards.com's Facebook page? The question is "What bowler has the most power you've ever seen?"

Many people responded with Robert Smith, and I have to agree. I pulled up this old video from YouTube to demonstrate. Look at the match at about 5:40 in. The man had an estimated 600+ revs and threw his spare balls at 30 mph. I've seen him bowl more recently and he has mellowed with age. But this is amazing stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi8uer22nB8

Maximum Bob's 300 with a conventional grip 900 Global Moxy a while back was a sight to see.

Tony
07-30-2015, 03:00 PM
Several of the guys I bowl with use all Brunswick balls and from the looks of it they are doing quite well with them.
This looks like a nice ball for a normal house shot that would be a good fit for many average bowlers like me, so it would be
nice if I could have this one !

LyalC52
07-30-2015, 04:11 PM
just ordered a new ball today, so hold off on my free ball for a few weeks, OK, thanks

John Anderson
07-30-2015, 06:01 PM
just ordered a new ball today, so hold off on my free ball for a few weeks, OK, thanks

You can still give it to me if you win Lyal.

foreverincamo
08-01-2015, 03:25 PM
This is one Brunswick ball I haven't seen anyone throw anywhere I bowl. I suppose I could be the first! Mastermind series balls are everywhere.

John Anderson
08-01-2015, 03:54 PM
This is one Brunswick ball I haven't seen anyone throw anywhere I bowl. I suppose I could be the first! Mastermind series balls are everywhere.

I think it's still fairly new for a bunch of people to have them. I'd love to be one of the first as well.

vdubtx
08-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Would love to give Brunswick a try.

foreverincamo
08-02-2015, 11:18 AM
I meant that including the original Brute. I like the looks of the Brute Strength. I'd surely take one.

foreverincamo
08-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Vdubtx, I mostly use Brunswick/DV8. Love my solid Melee Cross. Threw one 300 with my Ringer Platinum Pearl. Great stuff!

foreverincamo
08-02-2015, 07:11 PM
This ball was released on the day of my 25th wedding anniversary. Could've asked for it as a present I suppose

dougb
08-02-2015, 07:50 PM
This ball was released on the day of my 25th wedding anniversary. Could've asked for it as a present I suppose

Happy anniversary! Somehow I doubt brute strength is part of the secret to your marriages success LOL

foreverincamo
08-02-2015, 09:57 PM
dougb, thanks! No use of brute strength for the long marriage. We do bowl together though. She likes EBI ( Hammer ) and I like Brunswick/DV8. ( I do have a Black Widow Legend she bought me )

Bowlenheimer
08-02-2015, 11:36 PM
I would like to try out a ball like this one