PDA

View Full Version : Contest Aug 10, 2015 to Aug 16, 2015 - Hammer Black Widow Red Legend Solid

BowlingBoards.com
08-11-2015, 10:42 AM
We are giving away a Hammer Black Widow Red Legend Solid for a random poster from August 10, 2015 through August 16, 2015.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of "trying to win" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

John Anderson
08-11-2015, 10:52 AM
I definitely want to try out a hammer ball. I never have before but I've seen plenty of people throw them and they are awesome.

vdubtx
08-11-2015, 11:08 AM
I so want to try out this solid ball. Solids fit my game really well, and getting back into a Black Widow would be great. :cool:

Amyers
08-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Not sure if I honestly could use this ball. Probably too much ball for me but would go in the wifes bag pretty well.

Tony
08-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Sounds like a nice ball, was looking at Hammer Bad Intentions in case I need a ball for heavy oil this season ...sure would be sweet to win one of this model !

John Anderson
08-11-2015, 05:45 PM
Not sure if I honestly could use this ball. Probably too much ball for me but would go in the wifes bag pretty well.

Send it my way if your wife doesn't want it. ;)

manke
08-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Always in need of a new ball!!

jojoboys
08-13-2015, 08:41 PM
i am a hammer user for life!!! this will go great with my 'bad intentions'

Tony
08-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Sounds like a good ball to try, have never owner a hammer ball, maybe it's about time!

John Anderson
08-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a good ball to try, have never owner a hammer ball, maybe it's about time!

I want to hear the sound that they make since it has the carbon fiber in it.

foreverincamo
08-15-2015, 11:56 PM
It'll go well with Black Widow Legend. Please and thank you

Jaescrub
08-16-2015, 10:52 AM
The give away deadline ends on my Birthday this year Nice!

Blacksox1
08-16-2015, 05:32 PM
In for the prize.

Pleased that the Iceman is back!

MICHAEL
08-16-2015, 06:45 PM
IF its anything like the Deadly Aim, I would like to win, and or buy one! Anyone have the ball? Wonder how it compares to the Deadly Aim... its still working for me. Last Friday, summer league final day, pulled it out for the 3rd game and had a 231... That ball just works for me, but I hate to buy a third one. (remember my buddy Rob so nicely gave me his, after I let him beat me in Vegas) It was a fair trade!

I knew there would be ANOTHER MEETING, a Rumble in the jungle of Vegas again!

blacksox1,,, thanks bud!! Good to be back!!

Tony
08-17-2015, 09:29 AM
IF its anything like the Deadly Aim, I would like to win, and or buy one! Anyone have the ball? Wonder how it compares to the Deadly Aim... its still working for me. Last Friday, summer league final day, pulled it out for the 3rd game and had a 231... That ball just works for me, but I hate to buy a third one. (remember my buddy Rob so nicely gave me his, after I let him beat me in Vegas) It was a fair trade!

I knew there would be ANOTHER MEETING, a Rumble in the jungle of Vegas again!

blacksox1,,, thanks bud!! Good to be back!!

What's the shape of the Deadly Aim, is a controlled predictable move to the pocket or more of a skid/flip type action?
Why do you have to buy a third one, have you misplaced one of yours or did you leave it at the home when you escaped ?
I was looking at the Bad Intentions, that looks like a nice ball for heavy oil synthetic lanes.

Amyers
08-17-2015, 10:02 AM
What's the shape of the Deadly Aim, is a controlled predictable move to the pocket or more of a skid/flip type action?
Why do you have to buy a third one, have you misplaced one of yours or did you leave it at the home when you escaped ?
I was looking at the Bad Intentions, that looks like a nice ball for heavy oil synthetic lanes.

The Deadly Aim is longer than your typical heavy oil ball (really the ball is better in medium even though they say heavy on it) and has what I would call a very strong arc (more pronounced than predicable but not quite skid flip). He has one pin over the finger and one pin under for different ball motions. I hope he was joking about a third.

To answer Ice's question about the Red Legend Solid being like the Deadly Aim not really. The Red Legend Solid is much earlier and much more aggressive than the Deadly Aim. Handles more oil and more of a controlled arc than the Deadly Aim.

The BI seems like it got lost with the other releases. I don't think it went over real well I haven't seen it stick around in most guys bags. From what I'm seeing and hearing if I was looking for a ball in that class (probably won't as I don't see that much oil) it would be the Paradox (hearing great things from a staffer friend who would tell me if it wasn't what it is cracked up to be and says it's the real deal) and the Guru (have friends who throw them and love them). I'm not a big fan of oil monster's for regular league play if your throwing sport shots those balls have their place for your typical league it's a waste unless your seriously speed dominate or something.

Tony
08-17-2015, 10:49 AM
The Deadly Aim is longer than your typical heavy oil ball (really the ball is better in medium even though they say heavy on it) and has what I would call a very strong arc (more pronounced than predicable but not quite skid flip). He has one pin over the finger and one pin under for different ball motions. I hope he was joking about a third.

To answer Ice's question about the Red Legend Solid being like the Deadly Aim not really. The Red Legend Solid is much earlier and much more aggressive than the Deadly Aim. Handles more oil and more of a controlled arc than the Deadly Aim.

The BI seems like it got lost with the other releases. I don't think it went over real well I haven't seen it stick around in most guys bags. From what I'm seeing and hearing if I was looking for a ball in that class (probably won't as I don't see that much oil) it would be the Paradox (hearing great things from a staffer friend who would tell me if it wasn't what it is cracked up to be and says it's the real deal) and the Guru (have friends who throw them and love them). I'm not a big fan of oil monster's for regular league play if your throwing sport shots those balls have their place for your typical league it's a waste unless your seriously speed dominate or something.

Thanks for the info, my PSO throws a Guru or Guru master I think, and he loves it. We have a little more oil than the THS according to the general Mgr/ he says with a wink and a nod, we don't want somebody throwing a 300 every week of league play .... We have a ton of guys using Hypercell, hypercell skid, crux, and other heavy oil balls and often the guys with more hand can use them all night.
We will see in a few weeks if the Diva I have will handle the extra oil. I have had a chance to use it now several times on a fresh house shot and it works great, really the only thing holding it back is me.

Amyers
08-17-2015, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the info, my PSO throws a Guru or Guru master I think, and he loves it. We have a little more oil than the THS according to the general Mgr/ he says with a wink and a nod, we don't want somebody throwing a 300 every week of league play .... We have a ton of guys using Hypercell, hypercell skid, crux, and other heavy oil balls and often the guys with more hand can use them all night.
We will see in a few weeks if the Diva I have will handle the extra oil. I have had a chance to use it now several times on a fresh house shot and it works great, really the only thing holding it back is me.

The Diva Divine should be enough for most league shots but everybody's shot is different. One of the houses I bowl at here puts down a flatter, longer, heavier house shot pattern that has forced me to lower the grit to 1k on my Asylum in the past. Yes I have the same problem it's usually not a ball problem it's a me problem.

vdubtx
08-17-2015, 12:40 PM
The give away deadline ends on my Birthday this year Nice!

Happy Birthday stranger. Where've you been hiding?

Jaescrub
08-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Happy Birthday stranger. Where've you been hiding?

Thanks brother! I took the summer off from Bowling and if I was on the Boards I would have not been able to keep away. But I'm back ;)