PDA

View Full Version : The if you won the lottery thread?

The KingPin
02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
So it is nice to fantasize abort what you would you would do if you won the lottery, so say you won a different amount.

So say you won $1 million $10 million and $50 million after all taxes, What would you do?

:)

Iceman
02-03-2009, 12:10 AM
haha easy one - I would buy the USBC and make a STAND. Other than that, nothing really - keep same lifestyle without working, and enjoy my family and friends. Go on vacation more often (I'm sure there's a few thousand alleys I haven't tried yet)

jaws1945
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
The only problem with winning an amount like $50 million is you have to drop out of sight. The vultures all come out with their palms open.

ThongPrincess
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
10 - 50 million and I would pay off my bills and my kids bills (they are adults), pay for the younger one to go to American University for her MA in Journalism. Donate to the Junior Scholarship fund as well as a few other charities, purchase and renovate the house I am living in, retire in 2 years at age 55. Once retired I'd coach full time even if it means one or two lessons a month. Volunteer with some youth programs and travel more. I'd also help my parents and sister out. Oh and of course I put a lot away.

1 million most of the above, but probably wait for 65 to retire. 1 million just isn't what it used to be here in CA, cost of living is crazy.

Jord_84
02-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I would donate a million each to my favorite charities.
Get the heck out of Illinois and this cold, crappy weather....by taking the family on a luxury vacation somewhere warm.
pay off any debt anyone in my family has, and maybe throw a little something extra their way...(except my lazy bastard of a brother in law)
set up trust funds for my children
offer to pay for any renovations on the family bowling alley.
go back to school, not for a job I'd settle for, but a job I love.
my husband would probably start up his own bar/grill.
buy 20 or more acres out in the country and live out my days comfortably surrounded by horses.

Seamistlark
02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Retire from Cell Tower Construction and buy a warehouse property that I could start an old car restoration shop in. I would set up a couple of Bays to let the local car clubs do tech stuff in and have a meeting room in it that could be used for the monthly meetings. We are always looking for places to hold our meetings, but when you bring 30-50 people into a restaurant you are usuallly asked to not come back.
This would also allow me the time to devote to my bowling, as I would get to practice more.:D

The KingPin
02-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Retire from Cell Tower Construction and buy a warehouse property that I could start an old car restoration shop in. I would set up a couple of Bays to let the local car clubs do tech stuff in and have a meeting room in it that could be used for the monthly meetings. We are always looking for places to hold our meetings, but when you bring 30-50 people into a restaurant you are usuallly asked to not come back.
This would also allow me the time to devote to my bowling, as I would get to practice more.:D

If I may ask, what old cars do you like?

NoTapNorm
02-07-2009, 08:27 AM
If only (its weird to say only) a million, pay off everything, get my wife a new car, set up small trusts for my kids, and a larger one for my grandson for college. donate some to local charities and the local HS bowling program and track program. Not sure if I would leave working, but would leave from where I"m at now-maybe go back into the bowling industry or something associated with it.
If 50 million or more- not sure if I would move, but definitely get a winter home somewhere warmer. Donate more to the above mentioned charites. Set up larger trusts for the kids and grandkid(s), and purchase a bowling center in a semi-populated area, not somewhere like a major metropolitan area, but on the outskirts would be fine- 24-36 lanes and also have a pizza restaurant complete with indoor dining and delivery, and a pro shop.

kakcpa
02-07-2009, 12:06 PM
A very large amount would make things more complicated. Over $50M, all of a sudden, your kids are kidnapping targets, you wouldn't know who is using you and not. Life would be comparable to living in the federal witness protection program.

I think a few million, after tax, would be sufficient to guarantee a nice retirement...just don't invest it in the stock market. You'd still have to work, but I enjoy what I do.

Anni1
02-07-2009, 08:19 PM
If I were to win the lottery I would give it to my family to help them pay off bills.

And I would give some to the charities that mean the most to me.

The KingPin
02-08-2009, 11:54 PM
If I were to win the lottery I would give it to my family to help them pay off bills.

And I would give some to the charities that mean the most to me.

Anni it seems like you have some great ideas.

Seamistlark
02-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Kingpin,
I am into Buicks (See Avatar), I have owned a couple and currently have a 72 Skylark.:D
But I do enjoy all the older musclecars and the Hot Rods from the 50's.

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Win the Lotto? I think you have to play the Lotto to win it. And I don't waste one penny on that crap. Ever.

Smitty89353
07-28-2011, 08:55 PM
If I won the lottery, I would use some of the money to pay off my my mom's house and her car. I would pay for my sister to go to college and law school if she still wants to go after college. I would most likely buy my own bowling alley, maybe 30 lanes with a proshop and a dine in resturant built inside. I would give some of it to charity, especially the wounded warrior project and the OSO. I would still joing the Marine Corps becasue that is still my dream. I would invest a good amount of the money, maybe 1/3 of it or so.

Trex
07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
I would open my own 40 lane Bowling Center!!!

That is my dream...........

comfortably numb
08-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Here is a story about wishes and dreams...a true story...Jack Nicklaus was golfing a practice round with some regular Joes, and hit a magnificent 5 iron to the green, within 6 inches of the hole. One of the guys in his group remarked to Jack, "Man, I wish I could hit a ball like that!" Jack replied, "No you don't. Because you don't want to put in the 10 hours a day practice time for decades that it took me to be able to hit a ball like that!!" Wishes and dreams really come down to your answer to the following question.........."How hard are you willing to work for it?"

Trex
08-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Now I am just an old man that is still trying to figure out how to make those dreams come true!!

The Mayor
08-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I would get it in all ones and make it rain!! Stand at the top of the Empire state building and just let about 500k go! Wooooooo!!

comfortably numb
08-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Mayor, I actually know several people who had a small fortune in their hands and gave it all away, and are today stuck and hurting financially!! Why not keep $499,000 for yourself and let a grand go from the top of the Empire State? LOL CTM

Trex
08-04-2011, 06:21 PM
That would be a site!! :)

comfortably numb
08-05-2011, 08:40 AM
If you need money, ask the Mayor...he's got 2 careers going at the same time!!

Trex
08-05-2011, 08:37 PM
If you need money, ask the Mayor...he's got 2 careers going at the same time!!

I don't think he would go for it...... :)

What you think Mayor? :)

comfortably numb
08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Trex, the Mayor is so generous that if he won the Lottery, he would split it with you and me!!

Trex
08-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Trex, the Mayor is so generous that if he won the Lottery, he would split it with you and me!!

Wow thats CooL!! I am the same way, not too many folks around like us these days.

Tenkei
08-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I'd buy all of my family members a house. With whatever money left over, I'd buy buildings in downtown :)

Shadow
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I would get out of debt, buy a house with more land, open our own Bowling Center, help others who are less fortunate, help my parents get out of debt,give to favorite charity, Go shopping!! :D

TCDale
09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Pay off my bills, parents bills, and help out siblings. Buy son and wife home. Buy another home and rent it to my other two sons living at home. :)

Then buy one of the two centers locally, or make a small 8 to 12 lane center, and learn the pro shop business. I am afraid I am running out of time, but it would be so great to be able to bowl at my center and be able to interact with the bowling fans and families that visit!

Trex
09-27-2011, 12:48 AM
I would start collecting and restoring bowling centers!! :)

TCDale
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I would start collecting and restoring bowling centers!! :)

Actually that sounds like a great idea, but millions would have to be in the account for sure. I would love it.

glen290
10-05-2011, 06:45 AM
I would buy a bowling center, seeing as I spend most of my time there now, seems only fair to have my own... :D

Trex
10-08-2011, 08:14 AM
I would send out a rescue crew to find Comfortably Numb.

HunterRunsIt
11-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Buy a bowling center I work in one atm and I bowl about 25 games a day and feel im not there enough.

Trex
11-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I would be very happy! :)