PDA

View Full Version : Should cell phones be banned in cars?

The KingPin
02-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Ok so so much talk is going on about cell phone usage in cars. Yet one company has started using a cell phone disabling software on a subscription fee program. It shuts the phone off while in motion. But the flaw is that it goes off of GPS and it has no idea if you are the passenger or driver. So not the best choice, but others are also following suit.

Now here in Colorado I believe the laws have changed where before you had to be talking on your phone while being pulled over for something else to be fined, where now if caught you can be pulled over for talking on your cell phone.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this whole cell phones being banned crisis?

Iceman
02-03-2009, 12:21 AM
I agree, no cell phone use while driving, I have had many close calls, and once I catch my breath - I see them on their cell. Mostly women and younger drivers, but I pull over if I get a call even using the Bluetooth. There are too many cars on the roads these days and insurance is already going through the roof - so an accident with someone on their cell, and they don't have insurance. It's just not worth it to raise your rates. It should be a citation, maybe first one, minor but second on - stiff.

onefrombills
02-03-2009, 12:58 AM
we have a no texting law in phoenix, az

ThongPrincess
02-03-2009, 02:57 AM
It was kind of silly here in CA they passed a no talking on your cell phone while driving. It did not include texting. They finally fixed it and as of January texting while driving is also illegal.

I am all for cell phone use while driving being banned. If the call is that important, pull off the road, have your conversation, then be on your way. I rarely get calls and if I'm on the road it is voice mail that picks up.

Jord_84
02-03-2009, 02:17 PM
bluetooth or hands-free devices should be legal.
given the way I see some people drive, I agree that cell phone use should be banned while operating a moving vehicle