PDA

View Full Version : The New Storm Lock Bowling Ball

BowlingBoards.com
08-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Storm has released info on its newest Premier line bowling ball, the Lock, featuring the new RAD-X core and GI-15 coverstock. The RAD-X core is based off of the RAD core from the X Factor series of bowling balls. The GI-15 Hybrid coverstock is also a brand new formulation, something we haven't seen in a Premier Line ball in quite some time.

What are your first thoughts on the ball? How do you expect it to react? Will you be getting one? Available 10/6/15!

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-balls/storm/12260/lock.html

John Anderson
08-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Based on the very low RG core and smooth coverstock, I'm guessing this isn't going to provide a super angular breakpoint, but should be able to handle heavier oil volumes pretty well without feeling like you have no control over the ball. Honestly though, I have no idea how this will stack up just looking at the numbers themselves.

mc_runner
08-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Asymmetric, early rolling. Hmm - good for oil when you are looking for some backend, should fit into Storm's high end lineup pretty well. Personally, I won't have a use for this, just based on the numbers I can just foresee a lot of corners in my game.

However, I'm thinking it would be good on longer sport patterns on the fresh.

got_a_300
08-24-2015, 12:34 AM
I'm not all that sure if I need a ball with those numbers or not but
one thing is for sure those coverstock colors reminds me of the old
Roto Grip Critical Theory.

Jaescrub
08-24-2015, 07:08 AM
I like this. The numbers work well for the oil we play in and how I play.

Jessiewoodard57
09-18-2015, 10:45 AM
I've already spoke to my PSO about ordering me one

vdubtx
09-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Just got an email from my pro shop about this ball. They are having a Strom "tri it before you but it" event on the 6th. Too bad it's a day I bowl or I would be there to test it out. Also want to test out the Haywire, I think will be my next ball since it has the best of both worlds from Disturbed and Hyper Cell. Both have been great balls for me.

Aslan
09-18-2015, 01:17 PM
So they made a Storm Crux a different color and made it smell like ginger snaps instead of pomengranates??

I've heard ginger snap smelling balls DO carry better...so yeah...I'm in.

:rolleyes:

bowl1820
09-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Just got an email from my pro shop about this ball. They are having a Strom "tri it before you but it" event on the 6th. Too bad it's a day I bowl or I would be there to test it out. Also want to test out the Haywire, I think will be my next ball since it has the best of both worlds from Disturbed and Hyper Cell. Both have been great balls for me.

The Haywire is looking good here, guy on the team we bowled tues was using one in the 230-240 range on the THS and the PSO here has shot a few 800's with his so far.

Amyers
09-18-2015, 03:12 PM
So they made a Storm Crux a different color and made it smell like ginger snaps instead of pomengranates??

I've heard ginger snap smelling balls DO carry better...so yeah...I'm in.

:rolleyes:

Number wise they are similar but the Lock has a completely different core shape and cover stock than the Crux

Jessiewoodard57
09-18-2015, 04:01 PM
From the numbers if I read it right the Lock should go into the roll just a little bit faster then the Crux? I emailed Storm and asked when they where going to put the first videos on their site they said 2 weeks before its release date. Bummer want to see it bad.
The other ball is the new Joy-Ride but I can't see any thing that would make me want to swap my Ride for it. They look identical to me??

Jessiewoodard57
09-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Oops actually they should go into roll about the same looked at the 13# Crux numbers