PDA

View Full Version : Forza Redline Review- Benchmark Ball for All

rayner13
08-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Description: The Forza Redline takes the Torx Core from the original Forza and adds the new Helix Pearl Coverstock. This bright yellow ball will stand out on your shelf and on the lanes. This benchmark ball has an RG of 2.50 and a diff of .051 for the 15lb version.

Comments: This ball fits squarely in the center of Motiv’s ball guide for a reason. It’s a benchmark ball. It is designed to be used on a wide variety of conditions and will let you know if you need to go up or down the guide by it’s reaction. I chose my standard layout 70-5-50. This ball is clean through the front part of the lane, doesn’t over respond when it sees friction and has enough pop down lane to carry well. This will be the first ball out of my bag on most shots.

Comparisons: The Forza Redline is cleaner then the original Forza, and is more angular down lane. The original Forza had slightly more hook but would often seem too slow on house patterns as the ball would run out of energy. The original Forza needs a pattern that has more oil to see it’s full potential. This is exactly where the Redline shines. I was also able to pair it up well with the Venom Panic. When the Redline was too strong, I switch to the Panic on the same line. The Panic goes about 4-5 feet longer with a similar shape off spot. Perfect 1-2 combo in your bag.

Summary: Motiv continues to produce some of the strongest hitting balls on the market. The lineup offers a variety of ball motions for all types of players. The #Redline is a benchmark ball. It will show you whether or not you need to ball up or down based on how it reads the lane. A must have for just about everyone.

Ball video: https://youtu.be/25gH-vq9Mz8

Matt Rayner
Motiv Staff

dougb
08-31-2015, 10:09 PM
Thanks Matt. I have the OG Forza and haven't drilled it up yet. I'm thinking pin up with some polish as I don't see a lot of oil out here. Any opinions?