PDA

View Full Version : Do you text?

The KingPin
02-03-2009, 12:45 AM
I read somewhere that a 13 year old girl ran up like 14,500 text messages for a month. Now although I hope her parents had unlimited texting, Do you text at all?

I am a bad texting person. I think one of the worse things are phones that try and guess the words that you are typing to "In Theory" type in order to make your life easier. I end up with words that make no sense and are all messed up.

Anyways what are your thoughts on texting and do you talk or text more?

onefrombills
02-03-2009, 12:54 AM
I text but only a couple hundred a month

kev3inp
02-03-2009, 04:46 AM
I don't but the wife does. At least she spells the stuff out or I wouldn't be able to follow it. It's bad enough so many people can't spell now. This only makes it worse.

jaws1945
02-03-2009, 08:49 AM
It takes me forever to send a text. My grandson puts me to shame.

Jord_84
02-03-2009, 02:15 PM
I only text when I'm answering a text someone else sent.
it just seems pointless given the fact that you can push 1 button, and call a person faster than typing out a text

ThongPrincess
02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I do not text but my girls do. If I decide to go with text I need to get a phone with a keyboard, the one I have right now is the cheap typical phone pad. I'd never get a text typed, it takes me forever to put in a contact name. :mad: :)

The KingPin
02-03-2009, 08:56 PM
I only text when I'm answering a text someone else sent.
it just seems pointless given the fact that you can push 1 button, and call a person faster than typing out a text

Good point. Why not call instead of typing. Yet I guess if you are in a meeting or in a public place

PSBA10
02-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't text at all. If someone wants to talk to me all they need to do is push 1 button. If I'm busy - leave me a message. If you need a reply, I'll call you back wehen I'm free. If you're busy, I'll leave you a message. Much simpler, and faster.

Iceman
02-03-2009, 11:54 PM
lol - i text more minutes than I talk, and I avg about 1400 monthly voice. I text my wife most of the times, god love her, but it's so much faster that way, she gets her point across faster and tells me directly if she needs something or wanted something. Otherwise, when I answer the call, it takes about 15 minutes for can you pick up yadda yadda yadda or are you subbing tonight. :) My daughter texts while she's in bed to her friends from school, even though she doesn't know we know. We get online option for all texting from her phone as a precaution, she is 12 now. Just want to make sure she is safe. Not being over protective or big brother

I do have a Treo, so texting is fast, and I setup shortcut keys for entire words and I have many sentences already too. people ask me how I text so fast, I just say cause I'm good. I don't tell them my secrets, but I guess it's out now.

I'm just glad it's all unlimited.

kakcpa
02-04-2009, 08:18 AM
I average about 100 txt msg's a day.

The KingPin
02-06-2009, 11:39 PM
I average about 100 txt msg's a day.

wow 100 that is great! I can only do a few here and there as I have fingers that do not text well.

ArtVandelay
02-10-2009, 08:17 PM
I read somewhere that a 13 year old girl ran up like 14,500 text messages for a month. Now although I hope her parents had unlimited texting, Do you text at all?

I am a bad texting person. I think one of the worse things are phones that try and guess the words that you are typing to "In Theory" type in order to make your life easier. I end up with words that make no sense and are all messed up.

Anyways what are your thoughts on texting and do you talk or text more?

Yeah, that's a program called "T9." I don't like that either. You can turn it off, I'm just not sure how to do it on your phone, I don't even know what phone you have! hahaha.

ArtVandelay
02-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm not a HUGE texter, but I've been known to send a couple. These days it's easier because I have a phone that gives me an onscreen keyboard instead of the regular keypad.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/htc-touch-diamond.jpg

wcsmith
02-11-2009, 11:42 AM
i just started texing when i got my iphone its just to easy ,however i feel the same way about filling in the word for you drives me crazy

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
By the year 2050, texting while driving will be killing more people than drunk driving each year...count on it.

The Mayor
07-28-2011, 11:18 AM
It will be way before that, Mr. Green Giant. I say within 10 years.

Trex
07-30-2011, 02:07 PM
I never txt period!! ...I might if I ever get an iphone, but then it will be very limited!! and never while driving!!