PDA

View Full Version : stormed1's 2015/2016 scores

Stormed1
09-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Firsxt night of my Wed night league was brutzal!. Bowled the previous wed on what was supposedly the new THS for this year. I brought the appropriate equipment for what I saw that nigb\ht......WRONG!!! The oil volume wazs substantially higher than what I bowled on so I did not have a strong enough ball with me for what was out there in game one.. Our oposition was all higbh rev bowlers throwing dull equipment so thed transition was drastic. Started with az pin down Reax pearl, went to a pin up polished Netwerk and finished with az polished Cobra se. started out game one playing up 8 and by game 3 was going 17-8. I ended up shooting 125-155-151=431. I chopped a couple buckets, missed 3 10 pins and had 5t splits (7-10/4-10-4-9x2/6-7-10). This week I will be bringing my Moxie and Respect to go along with the Cobra and Hook. I could really tell I only bowled 12 games all summer

Tony
09-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a rough night, I hope the beer was cold anyway! It's early yet and no practice really seemed to hurt me every year too. This is the first year I have ever thrown a bunch of practice games during the off season, I'm hoping it pays off with some reasonable scores, my wed league starts tonight !
Have a great 2nd night!

Stormed1
09-04-2015, 09:38 AM
I had a much better night for week 2. I shot 185-183-159=527.I threw the Moxie for the first game and a half,. The Respect for the rest of game 2 and the first 3 frames of game 3 and then switched to the Cobra se to finish things off. In game 1 I had 3 opens, (2 splits and a chopped spare). Game 2 had 3 opens also (1 split and 2 missed 10 pins. Game 3e also had 3 opens (missed 4 pin,10 pin and a bad miss when my hip gave me az jolt of pain in my approach). All in all not a terrible night as the team won 5 points from a strong team.I till need to figure out what ball to bring as a step down from the Moxie as the Respect is too strong to fill that slot. Probably will bring my Deranged next week for that roll. Hopefully My rebel Tank will be in so I can drill it as a new spare ball.

Stormed1
09-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Another rough night tonight. Nothing felt good, timing was bad and spare shooting was worse.. Shot 131-135-169=435 Biggest problem with how things are feeling is the fluctuation in my hands due to dialysis. i ended up adding 4-5 pieces of tape to balls that were fine last week. As I just got in my order of ball-it's for IT's I will be switching the rest of my stuff back over to them and drilling a couple smaller thumbs for nights like tonight. On a plus note the Rebel Tank I drilled to use as a spare ball and for when they get "toasty" worked as expected and will be fine once I get my new thumbs made

Stormed1
09-24-2015, 10:48 AM
After missing a week due to an angiogram on my legs last week I was able to start back again lasT night. I drilled a couplE pieces for this week. The Forza reacted just as I inspected. How.ever the Long Shot was not as strong as my memory said it was. The bight did not start well with me opening the first three frames. Irecovered and stayed clean till the eighth frame where I left a pocket 7-10. I ended up with 162 for game one. Started game two going high the first three frames moving every shot. I went to the Long shot and went bucket bucket and then through the nose when I moved farther right. I switched to the Cobra SE and went through the beak and a washout. I had big time over/under with the Cobra so I went back to the Forza and made a huge move left. I finished the game with three straight ten pins and finished with a 142. My number got drawn for the strike shot worth $88.00 so I moved to lane 16 which is not used by our league. I moved back right to where I started the night and left a ringing 10. I was disappointed that I did not carry but was happy that Imade a quality shot. I started game three with a turkey and stayed clean till the eighth when I caught the out of bounds shooting at the 4-7 for an open. Left a 3-10 in the ninth and picked it up. Tenth frame was a disaster as I moved deeper , left a bucket and chopped it for a 185. So for the night I shot 162-142-185 =489

Aslan
09-24-2015, 01:42 PM
1) Paragraph(s)
2) The Cobra SE is an interesting ball. I was kinda looking to pick one of those up shortly after it came out but it was kinda hard to find. AMF balls and to a slightly lesser extent 900Global I don't see much of.

Amyers
09-24-2015, 01:51 PM
1) Paragraph(s)
2) The Cobra SE is an interesting ball. I was kinda looking to pick one of those up shortly after it came out but it was kinda hard to find. AMF balls and to a slightly lesser extent 900Global I don't see much of.

This from a guy who spends how many hours a day on Bowlingball.com's sister website? I know they have 900 global and I figure they have AMF although I would have to look at the latter to be sure. Clicking that link at the top tab hard to do so far away mouse so heavy. LOL :cool:

Aslan
09-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Well, yeah...I bought a 900Global online...actually two. But it's just much more rare to see in pro shops.

And like 900Global...but even worse...is AMF. You'd be surprised how many people respond to an AMF ball release with, "I didn't even know they still made balls!"

I've probably met more people that throw Seismic...which isn't available even on some of the big online sites...than AMF....or 900Global for that matter.

The Cobra SE was just a case of, by the time I liked it...it was no longer available. I found a couple online for a more unreasonable price point...I wasn't curious enough to spend much.

Bizwan65
09-24-2015, 05:43 PM
I've have 2 900 Global balls (Train and Hook) and son has, or had, 3 (Nutz, Desert Hook and Boost). We both really like their stuff. My son recently threw his first 300 with a Boost Cardinal Red Pearl in the first full game out of the box.

Stormed1
10-06-2015, 03:33 AM
Wednesday night mens - Have a rough go of it and endd up shooting my lowest game in the last 35 years 114. Made a big move in in he 10th frame and had a better look. shot 189 ibn game 2. In game 3 the high rev guys on the other team had destroyed the pattern and I ended up going to my Cobra se abd Long Shotg to gring out a 169 114-189-169=472SHrew the Forza in games 1 and 2, Cobra se and Shot in game 3

Monday night mens. I decided to try my Respect tonight and unfortuanatly in game 1 I wAs in over/under hell. Had 4 splits and 3 chops for a whopping 110. Went to the Forza for games 2 and 3 and shot 202-197 wwith 2 opens each game 1 split and 1 chop each game 110-202-197=509

Aslan
10-08-2015, 01:52 PM
rough week

Howd you end up with a 110 and a 114?? Splits? Spare shooting issues?

Stormed1
10-08-2015, 10:51 PM
both. left a 7-9 and 2 pocket 7-10's plus chopped several spares. Going out to see my friend who is a silver level coach to straighten out some timing issues

Stormed1
10-13-2015, 09:17 AM
Monday night men. Well this was a much better week as far as throwing the ball. Threw the Forza in game 1and shot 203 with 2 opens. I chopped the 3-6 and missed a 9 pin. In game 2 I started having problems with the Forza overlooking. After several moves deeper without a lot of success I switched to the Columbia Take Down ( 60x5.25x40 @3k + polish ) that's I drilled Monday afternoon. ended up shooting 169 with 2 opens and a couple bad counts. I stayed with the Take Down for all of game 3 even though I should have balled down to either the Cobra SE or the Long Shot. I ended up shooting 168 with a missed 7 and 8 pin and a couple 6 counts on first balls but learned a lot about the ball. It works out to be a real good step down from the Forza

Stormed1
10-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Wednesday night men's. I struggled all night with over/under and as a result carry issues" game 1 was a 184 with a missed 10 pin and a 4-9. I threw the Forza in game one. I stayed with the Forza at the start of game 2 and went 4-9, 4-10, 7-10. I switched to the Take Down and went 3-10, strike 10 pin (missed) got a litTle soft and left a 3-6-7-10. I went 9/ the next 2 frames and lefT a 4-9 for a 138. After that nightmare I went to the Long Shot for game 3 and managed to grind out a 178 for an even 500 series

Monday night men. I prettYmuch had the same issues as last Wednesday but not too as great an extent. I managed to grind out a 188 in game one. In game 2 I struggled with trying to find a release that would combat the transition in game 2 and struggled to a 147. Transition was an issue for pretty much everyone in game 2 as there were only 3 200+ games in the whole league. I went to the Cobra SE for game 3 and was clean for a 189, I left 4 solid 7's in game 3 for a 524

Stormed1
10-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Well the week was a reasonable one as far as throwing the ball went. I did not bowl Monday as I was in Rockford attending the funeral of my wife's 98 year old aunt. I wen they league
On Wednesday not Expecting. to bowl so I could let our subs get enough games tO be able to bowl position rounds. Well when I got there only two people were there to bowl so I needed to bowl so we did not have to forfeit. I was a little concerned as my tendonitIs in my elbow had flared Up earlier in the week and my elbow was bothering me. I found out in pRactice that I could tHrow the ball with only slight discomfort while one went well putting my hand in the ball. Our fourth bowler showed up just as practice was ending so we ended up bowling only one short as our fifth was stuck at work and would get there as soon as possible. Game one went well with one open ( split second frame ) and I ended up with a 179. In game two I had two splits and a missed 10 pin to end up with a 158. I threw the Protocol for the first two games. In game Three the wheels came off as normal adjustment did not work due a no Thurber on the other team throwing balls at 1000 grit and doing the old spray and pray. I started game three with the Forza but rapidly switched to the Cobra SE. I struggled mightily with splits and ended up with a 138. As a team we ended up winning 5 points so it was a successful night as a team. 179-158-138=475

Stormed1
02-07-2016, 06:15 PM
I know I have been absent from posting for a while so I wiill update things Over the last 7 weeks I have managed to raise my average 10 pins while still ,suffering 1 bad game a night/. for examle the last 3 weeks 194-148-207=541 204-122-202=528 168-157-232=557
On Monday's I have just been shooting average with the same issues of 1 bad game

I bowled the association senior tournament last weekend and finished 10th in my division shooting 167-169-202-179

The bad games have been at the expense of missed spares and splits. Going to start throwing my Rebel Tank at all spares except 10 pin

Amyers
02-08-2016, 09:59 AM
I know I have been absent from posting for a while so I wiill update things Over the last 7 weeks I have managed to raise my average 10 pins while still ,suffering 1 bad game a night/. for examle the last 3 weeks 194-148-207=541 204-122-202=528 168-157-232=557
On Monday's I have just been shooting average with the same issues of 1 bad game

I bowled the association senior tournament last weekend and finished 10th in my division shooting 167-169-202-179

The bad games have been at the expense of missed spares and splits. Going to start throwing my Rebel Tank at all spares except 10 pin

Good to see you back Stormed1. You scores look like mine I've been doing the same thing for a while now too.

Stormed1
02-09-2016, 10:30 PM
Part of my problems on Wednesdays is we have 4 Two-handers , 4 no thumbers and a bunch of younger high rev players throwing dull equipment in the league. With my slow speed a lot of nights I can't get the ball through the heads before it starts hooking in game 3. I have 2 polished urethane balls I throw in game 3 (Seismic Desperado le & Motiv Rebel Tank) but even they are too strong some nights. I am picking up a Taboo spare (plastic) which I hopes is the answer to my problem

Amyers
02-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Part of my problems on Wednesdays is we have 4 Two-handers , 4 no thumbers and a bunch of younger high rev players throwing dull equipment in the league. With my slow speed a lot of nights I can't get the ball through the heads before it starts hooking in game 3. I have 2 polished urethane balls I throw in game 3 (Seismic Desperado le & Motiv Rebel Tank) but even they are too strong some nights. I am picking up a Taboo spare (plastic) which I hopes is the answer to my problem

I have lower speed to so I feel ya there. Last week on my Saturday night league we bowled against a team that had two bowlers who had Storm Lock's sanded down to 1k that they were bowling with. One of them was pretty good bowler and actual started a nice line to bounce off of unfortunately the other bowler was spraying the D### thing everywhere and by the third game I was playing a fall back line over 20 trying to keep the ball from hooking at the arrows. I bought a Brunswick Avalanche (polished Urethane) and tried that but it didn't work for me with the low ball speed you just have to play too far left for urethane. I've had good luck with my Ebonite Skull spare ball so hopefully the Taboo will be good for you.

Stormed1
02-21-2016, 12:07 AM
WEd night league. I went 200-118-222=540. I threw about 3 shots in practice with my Covert Revolt and it went back in the bag. I wentto my Protocol with the pin under middle finger. I started with a chop and then a greek church.Moved a little deeper and threw 5 of the next 6 to end up with 200 even. Game 2 was a disaster as I fell behind the moves I needed to make in transition . Being stubborn I stayed with the Protocol tand ended up with 4 splits and i missed 2 spares. End result 118. Went to my Wrecker , stood 44 with my left foot and played 20-10. I had a 4-7-10 in the 8th and endexd up with 222. As ateam we managed to get 7 points so i was happy there.

Stormed1
02-25-2016, 10:49 PM
Interesting night Monday. I was under the weather and considered staying home. However I went due to we were already going to be short handed due to one of our members being out of town for work. I shot average for the night. 159-167-160=486.The high point off the night was the Outcry I drilled over the weekend fir right where I intended it to. It's under the Wrecker and smoother off the spot. I was so worn out by the time wewere done i almost need help to get in my truck. I only left the house for doctors and dialysis the last 33 days

Wednesday league was cancelled due to snow

Stormed1
03-10-2016, 12:41 AM
kindc ofa rough week thisx week. Monday night wazsthe first time touching a ball in 2weeksdued to being under the weather with the flu. Was still fairly week but ended up bowling so we didn't have to forfeit. ednded up shooting 167-159-143=469 . I threw the Ascent Apex the first 2 game and theOutcry game 3.

Wednesday night wasn't much better 160-153-153=463 Threw the Ascent Apex all 3 games. Had 7 spits of which I converted none including 3ein all 3 tenth frames.