PDA

View Full Version : Another 600 series, but still erratic

NewToBowling
09-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Last week bowled 243-170-189

This week a bit more consistent at 199-182-227

Spread from first week was 73 pins (difference from highest to lowest games)

Spread from this week was only 28

Happy with 600 series but would prefer more consistent scoring (ex: 200-204-198)

I guess that comes with time and practice. Ball definitely feels better off the hand than ever before. It just feels "right". And only two brooklyn strikes last night. Others were right in the pocket.

J Anderson
09-28-2015, 05:29 PM
The way bowling is scored tends to lead to bigger differences between games. Miss a couple easy spares and you can quickly drop twenty pins under. Start stringing strikes and and you bounce back over.

One of the keys to throwing 600s on a regular basis is learning to observe your ball. Not just watching to see if it hit your mark, and not even watching to see if it's in the pocket, but watching it all the way til it drops off the back of the pin deck. Then you will have the information you need to adjust as the lanes transition.

Aslan
09-28-2015, 05:33 PM
A 600 is a 600. I've only managed 1 in 4 tries thus far this season between my two leagues.

Blomer
09-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Congrats. Rolled one myself tonight. Kee them coming.

jab5325
09-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Congrats!

That is two more 600s than I've thrown this season. I've been stuck in the 560s-580s with ill-timed splits and a couple of bonehead single-pin misses.

NewToBowling
09-29-2015, 09:43 AM
I am pretty excited about the 600s but get one great game to cover the other two more average or bad games.

But I am using less motion in my wrists. Just keeping it firm behind the ball and releasing. Thumb is not sticking so helps keep things consistent.

Amyers
09-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Congrats on the good bowling NTB keep it up.

NewToBowling
09-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Thanks

jab5325
09-30-2015, 09:04 AM
All kidding aside.....if there was a BowlingBoards.com "Most Improved Bowler" award, it would have to go to NewToBowling.

From when you've started until now, it really seems like you've put a lot of time into getting a lot better. The fact that you're throwing 600s is tremendous. Keep it up.

bowl1820, can we ship this guy a towel or something???

bubba809
09-30-2015, 09:33 AM
All kidding aside.....if there was a BowlingBoards.com "Most Improved Bowler" award, it would have to go to NewToBowling.

From when you've started until now, it really seems like you've put a lot of time into getting a lot better. The fact that you're throwing 600s is tremendous. Keep it up.

bowl1820, can we ship this guy a towel or something???

Wow, if that's the case, Aslan should receive a brand new car!

jab5325
09-30-2015, 09:42 AM
Wow, if that's the case, Aslan should receive a brand new car!

Aslan would spend too much time analyzing the pros & cons to pick one out.

I kid, I kid. :cool:

NewToBowling
09-30-2015, 10:08 AM
I'm trying to be more consistent. Let's see if it holds up. But the last two weeks have been good.

I'm just excited that I feel good when I release the ball regardless of it resulting in a strike or not. I'm more disappointed when I have a bad release and get a cheap strike.

Funny thing is first week we were all sick. I threw 143 average. So second week I'm getting like 70-80 pins. My handicap score for one of the games was over 300.

Aslan
09-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Aslan would spend too much time analyzing the pros & cons to pick one out.

I kid, I kid. :cool:

That's actually true. My car broke down Thursday evening and I spent the entire night repopulating my car selection worksheet to determine the best used car choice to replace my car should the repairs be extensive.

The Toyota Prius and Yaris won...but I don't like either of those cars.

So it came down to a 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid, a 2014 Toyota Corrola LE, and a 2013 Lexus 200h. The Optima and Lexus were a bit pricey...so I was going to test drive the Corrola (even though I was pretty sure I would think it was too small)...but the repairs on my car were reasonable...so there go 1.5 days of my life that I won't get back.

The mind of a madman. You guys would be more scared...if not for Iceman occasionally popping in with stories of miracle cures for toe fungus that he heard about from an Alien....Ice tends to make me look more normal than I truly am.

jab5325
09-30-2015, 01:38 PM
That's actually true. My car broke down Thursday evening and I spent the entire night repopulating my car selection worksheet to determine the best used car choice to replace my car should the repairs be extensive.

The Toyota Prius and Yaris won...but I don't like either of those cars.

So it came down to a 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid, a 2014 Toyota Corrola LE, and a 2013 Lexus 200h. The Optima and Lexus were a bit pricey...so I was going to test drive the Corrola (even though I was pretty sure I would think it was too small)...but the repairs on my car were reasonable...so there go 1.5 days of my life that I won't get back.

The mind of a madman. You guys would be more scared...if not for Iceman occasionally popping in with stories of miracle cures for toe fungus that he heard about from an Alien....Ice tends to make me look more normal than I truly am.

Funny you say that, Aslan.

I too was in the market for a new car in July, and was nearly dead set on a Prius. But, with my head hitting the ceiling.......I went in another direction. I ended up with a Hyundai Sonata that I like very much.

Aslan
09-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Funny you say that, Aslan.

I too was in the market for a new car in July, and was nearly dead set on a Prius. But, with my head hitting the ceiling.......I went in another direction. I ended up with a Hyundai Sonata that I like very much.

The Prius makes great logical sense...and I actually thought it was rather roomy (compared to a Yaris, Civic, etc...). I just didn't like the feel of it. Very boxy, things were hard to reach, no power, etc... I also had some bad experiences in cold weather where if you start it and leave it running (people do this in states that have cold weather so the car is warm when they start driving it)...it would completely drain the battery. I think the reason was with that model, the braking actually charged the battery. It's not meant to just sit and idle in park for long periods of time. But, other people say they haven't had that problem so I don't know.