PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn strikes

NewToBowling
09-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Is it just me or are all or most of your brooklyn shots strikes.

I can hit the pocket and leave 8, 9, 10 or any other combination.

Once I cross over I can almost certainly count on it being a strike. Maybe I should start aiming at the 1-2 pocket instead :)

JasonNJ
09-28-2015, 12:53 PM
For me when I cross over and hit the pocket Brooklyn, then it's 30% of the times a strike and I think I usually leave the 5 9 combination when it doesn't. I bowl with my brother in law and I would say more than half his strikes are Brooklyn and it seems like every time he crosses over he strikes.

Aslan
09-28-2015, 01:30 PM
I've found that if I hit pocket;

Probably 55% of the time I'll strike. Maybe 5% of the time I'll leave a 8-pin or 8-10 or 7-10. And probably the other 40% of the time it'll be either the 10-pin or the 7-pin.

When I hit Brooklyn...the numbers change a little:
30% of the time I might strike. Maybe 20% of the time I leave a 5-pin. And the other 50% of the time it can be any number of different multiple-pin combinations. A lot of 5-9s.

So occasionally hitting Brooklyn is better than going through the head where you can leave unmakeable splits...but hitting the pocket should almost always be a higher % of chance to strike and carry.

You have to remember...if hitting Brooklyn was better or even equal to hitting the pocket...you'd see a lot of pros trying to go Brooklyn.

billf
09-28-2015, 01:54 PM
When I go brooklyn I see a lot of 9s and 6,10 combos