sportshot
10-25-2015, 03:10 PM
Ball Specs:
Motiv Revolt Havoc
Helix HFS – High Friction Solid Reactive
3000 Grit LSS
Symmetric Core
Layout 55 x 4-1/2 x 70 (box finish)
Layout 55 x 4-1/2 x 40 (power gel polished)

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/4 Up
Rev Rate 300. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The new Motiv Revolt Havoc features a new cover stock from Motiv. The new Helix Solid Reactive cover is earlier but stronger than the cover on the original Covert. The ball provides plenty of hook and an upgrade in continuation from the original. It is strange to see a ball hook early but still maintain this much drive on the last part of the lane. I know as an industry we are seeing some very exciting things with cover stocks and Motiv is no exception. Polymers, short strand, long strands, additives all add up to ball motions that may have been out of reach before. I like the predictable hook and hit the Vanquish core. Great carry seems to be a trend in the new Motiv equipment, and I believe why most people, after buying a Motiv ball become very loyal. The Havoc It is just above my Shock in total hook, but not as much as my Remix. I would describe the Havoc as early roll with a backend that gets stronger as it goes down the lane.
I tested the Revolt with box and a polished surface. The ball tunes easily up and down. The ball looks great polished! Strange for me, but I will most likely use this ball polished. The Havoc gives me a great read on our wetter house shot but won’t overreact when the lanes break down. The box surface I will save for Sport or Tournament shots. The polished Havoc gave me a few more feet of length and I was able to square up on a flatter higher volume pattern as shown in the video. The polished ball still was very predictable.
The bowlers I have drilled the Havoc for have stated how well the ball keeps the pins low and really digs the corner pins out. The Havoc is another fine addition for Motiv. Lower rev players seemed to like the CG/Mass Bias point swung toward their VAL while the high rev folks liked a weaker layout.

Summary:
The Havoc hooks plenty but is controllable.
This ball works for many styles.
The more I use the Revolt Havoc the more I like it.
Polishes easily which makes the ball more versatile.
The Revolt Havoc is another move forward in technology.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff

www.motivbowlng.com

www.gwendel@comcast.net

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpxjzXiV29A&feature=youtu.be