PDA

View Full Version : Why do lefties always get a bad rap?

kakcpa
02-04-2009, 08:24 AM
It's amazing the grief and aggrivation lefties take from righties. I can't help it that I'm left handed, and that I'm a decent bowler, and that there are more righties than lefties who burn up the lanes much quicker. Those right handed complainers are the ones who can't adjust and just play the same line each and every night because they don't know better. The complaining about how easy lefties have it just drives me nuts!

JBuford300
02-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I do it to rib my friends at times lol

it is aggravating at some tournaments when the patterns break down incredibly fast to look at the final standings and see that 4 of 5 cashers are left handed and they joke about making minimal adjustments pair to pair. But that is bowling nothing to really complain about..

kakcpa
02-04-2009, 02:19 PM
By the way, Storm Rocks!

I do it to rib my friends at times lol

it is aggravating at some tournaments when the patterns break down incredibly fast to look at the final standings and see that 4 of 5 cashers are left handed and they joke about making minimal adjustments pair to pair. But that is bowling nothing to really complain about..

kev3inp
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I always say if it's so easy on the left, why don't you switch hands? How hard can it be to finally be in your right mind? If it's so easy why are you making it harder on yourself? Yes, if the shot is there lefties are able to make smaller adjustments. But if the shot's not there it's not going to be for the night. I swear my local houses put extra oil outside 5 at the end of the pattern on the left side, but not on the right. I see no other reason for my ball to come back with more oil on it if I stray too far to the outside.

JBuford300
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I always say if it's so easy on the left, why don't you switch hands? How hard can it be to finally be in your right mind? If it's so easy why are you making it harder on yourself? Yes, if the shot is there lefties are able to make smaller adjustments. But if the shot's not there it's not going to be for the night. I swear my local houses put extra oil outside 5 at the end of the pattern on the left side, but not on the right. I see no other reason for my ball to come back with more oil on it if I stray too far to the outside.

ahh it's easier to complain about the lefties than it is to switch lefty lol. I take the easier route lol

In all seriousness I don't complain about the left side nearly as much as I did when I was a kid.. Maturity eventually catches up to people..some quicker than others... Fortunately for me, I grew up getting my behind kicked at tournament where there were at least 6-8 lefties so saying they had no traffic on their side would be stupid..

Plus three of those lefties went on to make Jr Team USA...so they must've done something right

Iceman
02-05-2009, 01:21 AM
My 2 cents - most lefties at our house, they are just like most righties, they can only play 5 - 10 board. When there are more than 3 lefties on a pair, which did happen the night my team bowled them and they had a sub. There was 5 lefties on the pair, talk about the complaining on the left side. We just sat back and said welcome to our world. Now adjust or go home.

I do admit, I wish I was lefty, they do have an advantage in the game due to numbers. But, I think they are also less able (some of them) to adjust correctly, because they haven't had too often and if so, not much)

At the past new years day tourney, there was 38 lefties out of 90, usually only 10 - 15 previous years, and talk about hearing the complaining then, they were calculated the number of lefties over the years, and said no wonder the righties have the advantage now. lol. Top 10 were all righties. None of the lefties made the first rd cut which was only 869 after 4 games.

I think with all the game changes over the years, lefties are run under the rug more than before, but true lefty skill bowlers still stand out in the crowd. I love watching lefty's swing and shoot big numbers, it's "almost" as fun as watching a righty stroker shoot a huge series (like myself) lol

sharpie
02-21-2009, 06:00 AM
Me being a lefty i would say it's give and take. On houseshots where I am the only lefty or where there are at the most three of us, it is an advantage in my opinion. On the other hand On sport shots or usbc open shot it takes much longer for the shot to open up(if broke down correctly).

11 in a row
02-21-2009, 10:46 AM
It's amazing the grief and aggrivation lefties take from righties. I can't help it that I'm left handed, and that I'm a decent bowler, and that there are more righties than lefties who burn up the lanes much quicker. Those right handed complainers are the ones who can't adjust and just play the same line each and every night because they don't know better. The complaining about how easy lefties have it just drives me nuts!

i hear ya i hear it all the time tooi just smile and say oh well...do we have an advantage ....not really...

most of it from my side is all in good fun but they mean everything what they say too and i understand...:D

we all need to make the proper adjustments to succeed in this sport on all levels...righty or lefty