PDA

View Full Version : Track Paradox

Timmyb
11-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Anyone have any insight on this piece? Looks like a beast, but so do a lot of others. It was recommended by my pro shop.

classygranny
11-03-2015, 10:08 PM
I've had mine about a month. It took me awhile to get use to...it likes to have room to work. I shot a 659 (I average 180) last Friday morning and actually used it all three games. On Mondays I can't get it to hold all three games, but there are more rev players on Mondays. So far, I'm glad I purchased it. It was recommended by my PSO for something to play in the oil a bit more, as my Roto-Grip seems to like more friction. I've not seen anyone else with one as of yet.

Timmyb
11-04-2015, 12:41 AM
Thanks. I've been bouncing back and forth between this and the Haywire. Pro shop recommended this one, but I've watched a friend in league throw the Haywire with wicked results. The Haywire is supposed to break later, so not really sure which way I want to go. Our condition usually vary between oily and oilier.

I've had mine about a month. It took me awhile to get use to...it likes to have room to work. I shot a 659 (I average 180) last Friday morning and actually used it all three games. On Mondays I can't get it to hold all three games, but there are more rev players on Mondays. So far, I'm glad I purchased it. It was recommended by my PSO for something to play in the oil a bit more, as my Roto-Grip seems to like more friction. I've not seen anyone else with one as of yet.

Jessiewoodard57
11-04-2015, 09:55 AM
I like my Haywire on oil . I did some sanding and polishing and the thing hits like a Mach truck now. As the lane changes I do have to move left more so then with any of my other balls.

Aslan
11-04-2015, 02:13 PM
I've seen a lot of people using the Haywire and a lot of people using the Paradox. The Paradox was very successful on the PWBA tour and most people I've seen throwing it seem to be getting really good results.

I'm not as sold on the Haywire. It's a ball a lot of people are trying...the guy on my team last season bought one...the gal on my current team just bought one...so far I've seen nothing but bad results. Now, granted, those two bowlers are horrible so....it is what it is...but I've never really thought much of Rogogrip's mid-level stuff. They rock the upper-level with the Hyper Cell...very popular ball, leagues, tourneys, tour, etc...but their mid-range stuff has been less impressive. I recommended to a buddy to spend a little extra and get a Wrecker rather than a Strike King or Tropical Breeze and he might as well have saved the money and gotten the Strike King.

Amyers
11-04-2015, 03:10 PM
I've seen a lot of people using the Haywire and a lot of people using the Paradox. The Paradox was very successful on the PWBA tour and most people I've seen throwing it seem to be getting really good results.

I'm not as sold on the Haywire. It's a ball a lot of people are trying...the guy on my team last season bought one...the gal on my current team just bought one...so far I've seen nothing but bad results. Now, granted, those two bowlers are horrible so....it is what it is...but I've never really thought much of Rogogrip's mid-level stuff. They rock the upper-level with the Hyper Cell...very popular ball, leagues, tourneys, tour, etc...but their mid-range stuff has been less impressive. I recommended to a buddy to spend a little extra and get a Wrecker rather than a Strike King or Tropical Breeze and he might as well have saved the money and gotten the Strike King.

Truth is both balls are probably more than most people need but I have seen the Haywire in person and it has a good motion. I have not seen a Paradox (no one here really throws track) but it looks good of the PBA tour stuff but what doesn't.

As far as mid and lower level Rotogrip stuff I have had good success with it. The Strike King and a Wrecker are pretty much on the same level so I would expect a similar performance from them. I do know a lot of bowlers who really like their Wrecker's not so much on the Strike King side but my old pro shop featured a lot more roto stuff.

LyalC52
11-04-2015, 03:30 PM
at the start of a scratch league with a heavy long sport pattern, there were a handful of both Paradox and Haywires being used.
The PSO here was pitching the Paradox
9 weeks in, I'm still seeing many use the Haywire (myself included) and most of they guys who have/had the Paradox have moved to something else.

classygranny
11-04-2015, 06:47 PM
I think the Paradox probably fits with mostly women that tend to have a little slower speed and lower revs. I can see why a strong rev player might not like it. We do play on lots of oil usually, especially mornings since they are oiling at 8am instead of the night before. And on Mondays we get fresh oil, maybe not quite as heavy. The Paradox does need oil or it seems to over-react.

I haven't seen or noticed any Haywires around here, so I have no comparisons.

Timmyb
11-04-2015, 11:40 PM
I got the same message from the guy in my league with the Haywire. He had to do a little work on the cover to get it to behave. I throw 17-18 with a few less revs than a lot of crankers, so I can power through a lot of stuff that can kill some guys. Doesn't mean I want to have to do that, though. I'm a fan of a later break, so I may go with the Haywire. There was a mention of the R-G Wrecker, which also caught my eye as well. Just too much candy out there right now!

I like my Haywire on oil . I did some sanding and polishing and the thing hits like a Mach truck now. As the lane changes I do have to move left more so then with any of my other balls.

Timmyb
11-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Adding a few questions, thanks to a friend with an unusually high amount of brand new 15# balls sitting around. Now I'm in between the Paradox, the Haywire, the IQ Tour Nano, and the Hammer Bad ***. If you guys have experience with any of these, please speak up.

Me? Throwing 17-17.5, 275-300 Revs. Normally stand 20-24, throwing out to about 8-10 on a THS. They changed up our house shot, and OPEC came in to start oiling. Having a tough time getting finish with my current stuff, mostly do to everything I own being drilled for a medium to light shot. I've been out f this for a while, so my knowledge of new stuff is lacking just a bit.

billf
11-09-2015, 11:30 AM
I have a friend who has thrown three 300s this season, all with the Haywire. He averages almost 240 but has said he has more miss room that strikes with the Haywire than anything else he owns. He currently has 22 balls including the Menace and Loco Solid.
Several others at the center have Haywires and it hasn't helped them much. They also only bowl once a week and expect a ball to be the miracle cure.

scottymoney
11-09-2015, 03:43 PM
I have a friend who has thrown three 300s this season, all with the Haywire. He averages almost 240 but has said he has more miss room that strikes with the Haywire than anything else he owns. He currently has 22 balls including the Menace and Loco Solid.
Several others at the center have Haywires and it hasn't helped them much. They also only bowl once a week and expect a ball to be the miracle cure.

I have bowled at your lanes and surprised anyone there would use a Haywire. Just seems to be like shaving your face with a lawnmower. Way too much ball for the situation.
I remember throwing my Motiv Forza there and knew it was way too much for that old wood!

billf
11-10-2015, 08:32 AM
It was Kegan, the tall young kid. He can throw anything and have it look good. He is also one of the few that can lay the ball down on old wood and not have the heads cause an issue.
BTW, I drilled a Cyclone RICO and it was too much for those lanes.

scottymoney
11-10-2015, 10:20 AM
It was Kegan, the tall young kid. He can throw anything and have it look good. He is also one of the few that can lay the ball down on old wood and not have the heads cause an issue.
BTW, I drilled a Cyclone RICO and it was too much for those lanes.

Ah ok Kegan, I can see him using it. I think you got a Tag didn't you? How does that roll there? My Tag has been awesome in the later games.