PDA

View Full Version : Forgot How Much I LOVE to Bowl

shadd
11-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Hello all,
Just recently getting back into the game after a while away(my last league was in college which was ~15 years ago). The new company that I work for has a 2-game Friday lunch league that started 7 weeks ago. I joined to have fun, get some free lunch, and meet others in the company I don't interact with on a daily basis, and I'll be d@mned if I'm not hooked on the game like I was in high school haha. I was originally just going to use a house ball but found my 20 year old AMF XS in a cabinet in the garage a week before the work league started so I've been using that with moderate success (High game: 252). I'm definitely doing research on new equipment and pro shops in the area to update/upgrade whats in my bag.

For all that post regularly, thanks...I'm in sponge mode right now!

Aslan
11-04-2015, 02:07 PM
For all that post regularly, thanks...I'm in sponge mode right now!

Just ignore anything from "Iceman". Nothing will ruin your game faster.

got_a_300
11-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Hello all,
The new company that I work for has a 2-game Friday lunch league that started 7 weeks ago. I joined to have fun, get some free lunch
Sounds like a great place to work are they called Google by any chance?

I know Google's corporate offices in Silicon Valley has a very small bowling
lounge built in I think it is something like 2 or 4 lanes.

shadd
11-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Just ignore anything from "Iceman". Nothing will ruin your game faster.

Got it, thanks for the advice. There's a guy that sleeps with like 15 undrilled bowling balls in bed with him...I'll probably ignore him too, that's just weird ;)

shadd
11-05-2015, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a great place to work are they called Google by any chance?

I know Google's corporate offices in Silicon Valley has a very small bowling
lounge built in I think it is something like 2 or 4 lanes.

No, not Google, that'd be nice though haha. It's a biotech that has a VP that really likes bowling, so we reap the benefits!

fortheloveofbowling
11-05-2015, 09:41 AM
got it, thanks for the advice. There's a guy that sleeps with like 15 undrilled bowling balls in bed with him...i'll probably ignore him too, that's just weird ;)

zing........

vdubtx
11-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Got it, thanks for the advice. There's a guy that sleeps with like 15 undrilled bowling balls in bed with him...I'll probably ignore him too, that's just weird ;)

LOL!!!!

http://static.europosters.cz/image/1300/posters/big-bang-theory-bazinga-i13374.jpg

Aslan
11-05-2015, 01:00 PM

Apparently I have a stalker. Sweet. I've always wanted my own stalker. Now I adjust need 'him' to be a 'her' and 'her' to be hot....and preferably cool and preferably wealthy...and I'm business. :cool:

shadd
11-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Apparently I have a stalker. Sweet. I've always wanted my own stalker. Now I adjust need 'him' to be a 'her' and 'her' to be hot....and preferably cool and preferably wealthy...and I'm business. :cool:

I've always preferred the term creeper...stalker has a too much of a felony/misdemeanor undertone to it haha.
Unfortunately, I am a "him", but my wife is hot, cool, and a doctor...I guess your needs are very similar to what my needs were. I'm not going to lie, I kind of hate myself for that last part...a little too douchey-brag if you ask me haha

billf
11-08-2015, 07:52 AM
I'm just going to sit here eating popcorn and enjoy the show

Jessiewoodard57
11-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Billf, you have the right Idea ...pass the popcorn

Hot_pocket
12-27-2015, 03:20 PM
I know the feeling I been bowling since I was 2 but had to stop for 2 years. I would get the junkie itch and would stand in the kitchen pretending to throw the ball. I recently just got back into this fall league. It's a modified sport shot and even though I'm bowling as if I was 13 again, 160 avg, I'm happy to be back.

Goose
12-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Pass the popcorn, I'm out, and start the show again.

Turkey Track Hammer
01-29-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm getting back into Bowling after a 15 year absence. Took my daughters bowling a couple of months ago and realized how much I missed it.

Amyers
01-29-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm getting back into Bowling after a 15 year absence. Took my daughters bowling a couple of months ago and realized how much I missed it.

That's what happened to me now I'm somewhat obsessed and so is the wife LOL