PDA

View Full Version : Shadd's Scores

shadd
11-06-2015, 10:03 PM
So, I just recently got back into bowling after being away for quite some time. Currently, I only bowl 2 games a week in a Friday lunch-time work league. I really want to find more time to get some practice games in, the schedule makes it difficult/near impossible. If I do get a chance to throw some practice games, I'm planning on recording and posting videos to get some feedback from those better/smarter than myself. Enough rambling, here are my scores from earlier today...
06NOV15
Game 1: 213
X 9/ X X X X 8- X 9/ 9/X
Stuck and yanked my attempt at the highly difficult 5-8 in the 7th frame (left lane) haha.

Game 2: 225
9/ X X X X X X 9- 9/ 9-
Stuck some more and missed the 4 in the 8th and 7 in the 10th, extremely disappointed with a 225...left a lot out there in this game.

Early in warm-ups, I was completely lost on the right lane and only slightly more comfortable on the left. I started to find my way a little in the last 2-3 minutes of warm-ups. I guess everything fell in place at the right time.

It's days like today that make me really question whether I need to update/upgrade my gear. I have a 20 year old AMF XS (the white ball from the mid-90s) that I've always liked the move and action of. Everything I've read said that the ball is extremely dated, has a very weak coverstock, and hits like a marshmallow. I've bowled 16 games so far in the work "league" with a high of 252 and 8 or 9 other 200+ games with my weak covered marshmallow. I'm not ignorant or naive and think all I need to do is get a modem ball and I'll be rolling 250s all day, but I am wondering what (if anything) I'm leaving out there. I recently watched the pyramid pathogen video and I'm feeling the same way I did when I was a kid in '95 when I saw the XS for the 1st time on the telecast...I kinda want it, a lot haha.

shadd
11-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Ordered the Pyramid Pathogen last night...can't wait to try some modern gear! I just need to do some due-diligence to find the right place around here to have it drilled.

13NOV15
Game 1: 204
8S1 X X X X 8/ X 63 81 XXX
Opened with a pocket 7-10, missed the head pin in the 8th for the 1st time in a while and chopped the conversion, and chopped the 4-8 in the 9th. Another game that I left some out there.

Game 2: 158 (yikes haha)
X 8/ 7- X 9/ 63 9- 9/ X 9/X
Guttered the 6-9-10 in the 3rd, missed the head pin (again, grrrr) in the 6th and left the 5 on the 1-3-5-6 attempt, and missed the 10 pin conversion in the 7th (more grrrr). With as sloppy as that game was, I feel fortunate to even hit a 158.

I had a pretty big deadlift night last night...my posterior chain and grip/forearm were very fatigued/lit up. I was definitely struggling with my back tightening up in the 2nd game.

shadd
11-20-2015, 11:22 PM
The new ball came in on Wednesday and I'm meeting with a PSO tomorrow about the drill. I'm kinda taking a leap because I haven't met with anyone who has used him before. He is having me bowl a game to check my axis point, thought that was a positive start! Before today's games I started thinking how this might be my last time using my old ball, got a little nostalgic about the ball being my 1st 270+(multiple 279s), 280+ (3 times), and 290 (lifetime high of 290) game ball...it was a good run!!!

20NOV15
Game 1: 195
9/ 9- 9/ X 9/ X X 7/ X 9/X
Miss the 4 in the 2nd costing me a clean game. Other than the 2nd, the spare game was solid, which was nice since I only had 5 strikes haha.

Game 2: 214
X X X X X 6/ 7S2 9/ 6/ 6/X
Had a nice run going on the front end and then the wheels started falling off. Forearm was getting very fatigued (another decent deadlift night last night) and didn't turn my hand over in the sixth, through damn near a straight ball, missing the headpin. Missed the head pin again in the 9th.

I really need to find some time to practice, my inconsistencies and marginal bowling muscle memory needs to get ironed out.

shadd
12-04-2015, 11:51 PM
Got the ball drilled and threw a couple practice games during last week. The lanes were totally burned out and was probably 50% with hitting the head pin haha. I went in to today's games up in the air about using the new ball...we were in 1st with this week and next left in this half of the league with decent money on the line. My worries quickly vanished with 3 or 4 explosive strikes in warmups.
04DEC15
Game 1: 243
8/ X X 8- X X X X X X9/
Missed the 6-10 in the 4th or I would've been in the 250s. I used my old strike bar as the spare ball, not sure it was a good idea. I used to be able to target my spares based on how the strike ball was moving. Without having the knowledge of how the ball was working on the lanes, my marginal spare game was even more marginalized (game 2 was really impressive).

Game 2: 157
8S1 X 8- 8S- X 9- 8/ 9/ XX9
Missed another 6-10 in the 3rd and the 10 in the 7th. I left the 4-6 in both the 1st and 4th, leaving me with 4 disaster frames...dang!

I'm really excited about this ball!!! Not only the ball, but Pyramid's customer service has been great.

Blomer
12-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Well looks you still have the stuff when you bowled regularly before shooting good games. I have similar issue with having a low game in a series, we bowl 3 games. Always fun edge tying a new ball, always a short time frame to get use to it. I'm sure very shortly you will be killing it with the new ball.

shadd
12-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Well looks you still have the stuff when you bowled regularly before shooting good games. I have similar issue with having a low game in a series, we bowl 3 games. Always fun edge tying a new ball, always a short time frame to get use to it. I'm sure very shortly you will be killing it with the new ball.

In the past, it has taken me a lot longer to get acclimated to a new ball, which is why I was on the fence about even using it. Doing well, even if it was for only a single game, got me really excited. Can't wait for next Friday's 1st half finally, we're 1 point ahead with a huge cushion in the tie-breaker, if needed.

I'm trying to get on with a team that bowls in a "legit" league, depending on my schedule. Bowling in the 2-game fun lunch league is nice and all, but I've realized I really want to bowl in something more competitive/official. Hopefully, it'll work out.

shadd
12-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Today was the finals/championship week for the 1st half of the work Friday lunch league and there was a decent buzz around the office this morning. I had a 1-on-1 with my boss in the AM and the 1st thing he wanted to talk about was bowling haha. I had a great deadlift night last night (I pulled 585# for a double) so even though I was a little tired, I was on cloud 9 and ready to rock!

11DEC15
Game 1: 197
8/ 62 X 9/ X X X X 8S- X 9-
Wasn't very comfortable at the end of practice and the kind of carried into the 1st 2 frames, after the I found my way. Blasted the pocket in the 4th only to have the 7 looking back at me. Same thing in the 9th, this time the 7-10 laughed at me. Again with the 2nd ball in the 10, leaving the 10. We won the 1st game to get 1 step closer to the 'chip!

Game 2: 258
X X X X X 8/ X 9/ X XXX
Even though the 1st game score didn't really look like it, I was VERY comfortable after the 2nd frame of that game. Opened the 2nd with 5 explosive strikes. As I put my thumb in in the 6th, I had a feeling of some moisture...I should've stepped off and dried to make sure, instead I proceeded and thought about it on the entire approach and missed my mark by I think 6 boards, leaving the 1-8. Killed the pocket again in the 8th, leaving the 8...I think the ball missed by about a millimeter haha. I ended up with a clean game and we ended up winning to lock up the championship and the decent payday!

Unfortunately, I don't have any bowling set for the next few weeks. The 2nd half lunch league doesn't start until sometime in January and I haven't got the Tuesday regular league setup yet.

shadd
01-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Me and the guys from the work team figured we'd get some practice in, so I bowled a couple games for the 1st time in over a month. It sure did feel good to get back out there!

15JAN16
Game 1: 205
9- 7/ X X X 8/ 8/ X 8/ X9/
Game 2: 215
9- 7/ 9/ X X 9/ X X X 9/9

Not much to say about today...not great, not bad, just there haha. Spare game was decent aside from both 1st frames.

Since I found out I won the Roto Grip Critical, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I was going to do with it. Since I mainly bowl ths and the pathogen really seems to be working WELL, I've been wondering what type of layout I should go with. I was thinking of having a similar layout and have the critical be my 1st ball with fresher/heavy oil due to the surface and go with the polished pathogen if the lanes are drier/lighter oil. Anybody that reads this, feel free to chime in...I'd really appreciate any thoughts/opinions.

bowl1820
01-15-2016, 10:39 PM
Two pretty good solid games after not bowling for a month.

Saving the Critical for a 1st ball on fresher/heavy oil is one idea.

You could also start the night out with the pathogen (Sym.) and then switch to the Critical (Asym.) when you move inside later on.

shadd
01-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Two pretty good solid games after not bowling for a month.

Saving the Critical for a 1st ball on fresher/heavy oil is one idea.

You could also start the night out with the pathogen (Sym.) and then switch to the Critical (Asym.) when you move inside later on.

Thanks 1820. Everything felt ok yesterday just not great, targeting was just a bit off. I'm thinking ill try and throw a couple games a week to sharpen things up before the end of the month.

Also, thanks for the insight on the ball order! I was thinking more about surface than taking other factors into account.

Tony
01-17-2016, 02:00 AM
Nice start back, it's like you never left !

shadd
01-29-2016, 11:24 PM
1st day of the 2nd half work league started today...definitely happy to get back to bowling regularly, even if it is only 2 games a week.

29JAN15
Game 1:222
9/ 7/ 9/ X X X 9/ X X 8/9

Game 2: 200
7S2 X X 9/ 8/ 7/ X X X 9-

A little like the practice games from a couple weeks ago...not great, not bad (aside from the 10th of the 2nd game, my buddy was at 222 and I needed to strike out for a 223, missed the 1st strike and totally spaced the conversion...not happy about that).

Hit the head pin at 100% overall.

Missed the pocket only 3 times, just a little off on my targeting so a few too many "inefficient" pocket hits. Hopefully getting back to bowling consistently will clean that up a bit.

I'm happy with the clean game and the spare shooting, I think I'm making progress with using my XS as my spare ball by taking the hand wrist out of the ball. Definitely not opposed to getting a plastic ball for spares, I'll keep monitoring my spare game and reevaluate at a later date.

I've given myself a goal of minimum 200 games and make sure I throw clean games, I know this won't happen all the time but it has turned into my focus for the time being. I figure if I keep hitting 200+, I'll fall into to a good score every once and a while haha...I see a lot of 170-185 guys throwing 300s, so there's hope haha.

There's an ABT event a little over an hour away on 13FEB that I'm thinking of entering. I'm still waiting on the Critical that I won ~3 weeks ago (any previous winners have insight on delivery times?), so I may be going with a single strike ball.

shadd
02-05-2016, 11:01 PM
05FEB16
Game 1: 211
X X X X X 9- 9/ 9/ 9- XS61
Missed a 10 in the 6th and 4 in the 9th. Big 4 the second ball in the 10th and picked up the 10 pin. Very disappointed with that score after the front 5.

Game 2: 193
9/ 9/ X 8/ 9/ X X 9/ X 8-
Missed the 6-10 in the 10th costing me the clean and 200 game...Very disappointed with this as well.

I was all over the pocket all day, my scores just didn't match up.

I was 70% on makeable spares so I didn't lose much on that front.

Can't wait to get back out next week to try and stay 200+ and clean.

shadd
02-13-2016, 08:20 PM
12FEB13
Game 1: 189
X9-9-XX9/XX63XX9
7 strikes and I couldn't break 190...wow! All 4 9s were ringing 10 pins, no adjustment was really working. I really can't wait for the Critical I won 4-5 weeks ago to come in so I can ball up/down during stretches like this. My 10 pin shooting during warm-ups was 5/6 so being 1/3 is pretty frustrating. Fighting the 10 pins, I over-adjusted in the 9th and left a 1-2-4-10. Really close to being really good for this game.

Game 2: 189
8/9/9/9/XX7/X8S8/9
Only 3 strikes but shot the same score as the game with 7 haha. Last game was the 10 pin, this game was a 4 pin game. Again, my adjustments really weren't working. My spare shooting was on point until losing the clean game in the 9th with the 2-10, for what's it's worth I was very close to converting.

Throughout the 2 games, I adjusted ~12" front and back, ~5 boards left and right, and moved my target 4 boards left and right...just couldn't quite achieve the carry I was chasing. I thought about ball-switching back to my old XS to play a different line, but the pathogen was "looking good" hitting so hard all day I just couldn't bring myself to move from it. Take home message...there's always next week!!! Haha

shadd
02-19-2016, 10:59 PM
My phone quit taking a charge and needed to be replaced so I wasn't able to track frame-frame for today's games.

19FEB16
Game 1: 185
Another 7 strike game without hitting 200 (or even 190). 2 opens, 6-7-10 early-ish and missed the 3 of the 3-10 in the 9th (did the same thing another time...hitting the 10, good, missing the spare, not so much).

Game 2: 178
Yet another 7 strike game without hitting 200 (or even 190, or 180). More splits in this game and 4 opens, I think.

Struck out the 10th in the 1st and 2nd game (CLUTCH haha) after opening both 9th frames (so not CLUTCH haha).

It took me a while to figure out there was about 8-10 boards of OB where if I got it on it there I had very little consistency with ball motion. I made a big move left, both feet and target to avoid going right. It was both frustrating and fun at the same time, I really like the challenge of trying to figure out what can work on particular conditoins. Another day living right around the pocket, just need to "get my stuff together" a little more to get back to scoring.

I was 100% on single pin spares, I started shooting 10s, 6s, 9s (and the related combos) without my ring finger in the ball, I had really good control and think I will continue to play with that.

shadd
02-26-2016, 08:36 PM
The Critical came in yesterday after a little mix up with Roto Grip...this thing looks amazing, I need to find time to get it drilled now! I'm going out of town next week so I might have to wait until 2 weeks from tomorrow to get it drilled.

26FEB16
Game 1: 242
X 9/ X X X 7/ X X X X7S1
A little light in the 2nd (4 pin), a lot light in the 6th (missed pocket but picked up the 1-2-10!). Back on track with a clean/200 game!!!

Game 2: 164
9/ 53 63 8- 9/ X X 8S- 9/ XXX
A couple wash-outs in 2 and 3, stuck on the 5-9 in the 4th, and left the 4-6 in the 8th. Physical game kinda fell apart...missed my Mark a couple of times and lacked my normal hand/wrist on a couple shots.

I was 4-4 on single pins (and 5-5 on 10 pins in practice, -ring finger), I'm pretty pleased with that!

I needed to strikeout in the 10th for the W...we won that game by 4 pins. Glad I could rely on the mental game to carry the struggle of the physical game! Back in 1st by a point!

shadd
03-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Missed last week and I sure felt a little rusty today. Especially since during warm-ups I couldn't find a line to save my life haha. We were on the far right end of the house so I'm not sure if those lanes play a little different or my game was a little off from missing last week.

11MAR16
Game 1: 187
8- 8/ 7/ X X X 72 X 9/ 7/X
Missed the 1-2 in the 1st (obviously still hadn't found a line by the start of the game haha) and left the 10 of the 1-2-10 in the 7th.

Game2:189
9- X X 8S/ 9/ X X X 8- 63
Missed the 10 in the 1st and totally blew the 9th and 10th. Screwing up those frames really kept me from posting a respectable score.

2/3 on single pins (all 3were 10s) and 5 opens, 4 of which were makable. The 1-2-10 was the only real messy frame, which in all honesty that conversion really isn't all that difficult. All in all, not good, not bad...just kinda meh. We won all games and are still in 1st!

I'm going tomorrow morning to get the Critical drilled...waaaaay excited about that! I'm going to try and get a couple practice games in on Monday during my lunch.

shadd
03-14-2016, 11:01 PM
Got the Critical drilled on Saturday! Had a little time to head over to the lanes on my lunch for a couple practice games.

14MAR16
Game 1: 181
9- 9/ X 9/ 8/ 9/ X X 9- 9/8
Both opens were 10 pins, 1/3 10 pin conversions this game. Around the pocket, just not flush...finding my way around the ball.

Game 2: 225
9/ X X 7/ X X X 9/ 9/ X9/
Messiest frame of the day in the 4th with a 1-2-8, can't complain about that! 1/1 on 10 pins this game. Kinda found my way around the ball a bit better this game! Clean, and 200+!!!

The Critical wasn't hitting as hard today as my Pathogen does, wasn't sure if it was the conditions or the ball...a little concerned about that. I was able to score better than I did when I first started throwing the pathogen, so that is easing my concern a little.

The PSO drilled the Critical pin above the ring finger and he drilled my Pathogen pin below the ring finger, not sure if that, the surface, or the conditions were causing the difference in "hitting" power. It seemed as though I was a bit more consistent with the Critical than I have been over the past couple weeks with the pathogen. As long as I can score, I don't really care about dump-trucking the rack!

Can't wait to throw the Critical again on Friday!!!

Amyers
03-15-2016, 12:08 AM
The Critical is not a dry lane ball. If your lanes are anything like our on Saturday that was some good bowling.

shadd
03-15-2016, 05:06 PM
The Critical is not a dry lane ball. If your lanes are anything like our on Saturday that was some good bowling.

With it being around noon on a Monday, it's definitely within the possibility that they weren't oiled since before Sunday night leagues. I don't think I'd say they were dry, maybe more like "patchy". The sample size was a little too small to call it good bowling haha, but thank you for the kind words Amyers!

shadd
03-18-2016, 09:47 PM
Tweaked my slide foot ankle a couple days ago so I was a little worried about my physical game today.

18MAR16
Game 1: 235
X X X X X X 7/ X 8S1 8/X
Missed by about a board and a half to the right with a little too much speed in the 7th and left the 1-2-8 (nerves maybe from the front 6???). Came in a little high in the 9th and definitely paid for it with a 4-9. 6-10 on the 1st ball of the 10th.

Game 2: 183
8/ X 9- X X 9/ X 9- 72 XX9
2-8 in the 1st. StucK and yanked both balls in the 3rd, missing the 4. 10 pin in the 6th. Missed the 10 in the 8th. Missed the conversion on the 1-2-10 in the 9th.

My ankle really started getting a little rickety towards the end of the 1st game, still able to post some decent #s so I can't complain too much! I really need to stop sucking in the 9th frame...waaaay too many opens recently.

Stuck with the critical both games...it was rolling like a dream, when I wasn't screwing up haha. I'm really liking everything about this ball!

shadd
03-22-2016, 09:39 PM
Subbed on the company sponsored 4-person team tonight! I was only able to throw 2 balls in practice on a single lane, I had to get my daughters set with dinner (please don't judge me for calling snack bar chicken tenders dinner haha).

22MAR16
Game 1: 179
9- 7/ X X X 6/ X 9- X 8-
Missed the 10 in the 1st and 8th and 2-8 in the 10th. Converted the 1-2-4 in the 2nd and left bucket in the 6th. Awful spare shooting on really easy spares this game really cost me, especially the open 10th after striking in the 9th. 0/2 on the 10...dang!

Game 2: 192
x 9/ 7/ 9- X 9/ X X X 9-
Missed the 10 in the 4th and 10th (0/2)...more dang! Converted the 4 in the 2nd, 1-2-4 in the 3rd, and the 6 in the 6th. Open 10 after a strike in the 9th just like the 1st game...very high level dang!

Game 3: 220
X X X 8- 9/ X X 9- X XX9
Missed the 6-10 in the 4th and the 7 in the 8th. Converted the 10 in the 5th!!! Haha

Ended with 1 200+ game and 0 clean games and just under a 600 series. I think a marginal spare game could've netted me a 600+ series...gotta do better than less than marginal!

The Critical is really an amazing piece...well worth the wait!

shadd
04-01-2016, 10:52 PM
Just realized I didn't post last Friday's games...

25MAR16
Game 1: 202
9/ X X 9- X X X 8/ 8s1 8/X
10 pin in the 1st, missed the 10 in the 4th, 6-10 in the 8th, 4-9 in the 9th, 1-2 on the 1st ball in the 10th. Missed another 10 and had another cruddy 9th frame

Game 2: 176
7/ X 7/ 63 X X 72 8/ 6/ X8/
A lot of mess in this game haha. My left quad was getting pretty sore, almost achey...thought I might have been coming down with the flu, thankfully I wasn't!

01APR16
Game 1: 192
X 7/ X X 8s1 X 9- 8/ 9/ XX9
1-2-8 in the 2nd, 4-9 in the 5th, missed 10 in the 7th, 1-2 in the 8th, and 9 in the 9th. Not a bad game, just a little off.

Game 2:192
X X 62 X 7/ X X 2/ 9- XXX
Chopped the bucket in the 3rd, 1-2-8 in the 5th, 1-2-3-5-6-8-9-10 in the 8th (worst 1st ball ever haha), missed the 3 in the 9th. Another open in the 9th on an easy spare.

It was very humid today and was dealing with sticking, both foot and thumb.

No clean and only 1 200 over these last 4...not good!

shadd
04-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Everything was feeling pretty good in warm-ups...only non-strikes were 10-pin and 7-pin targeting, which I was 3-3 on each. Seems like I had the chance of having a decent day.

08APR16
Game 1: 236
X 81 X X 9/ X X X X X9/
Came in a little high in the 2nd and then chopped the 5 of the 5-9 in the 2nd, converted the 9 pin in the 5th, and converted the 10 in the 10th. Solid game and a mistake on an easy spare costed me the clean game...can't complain too much!

Game 2: 234
7S2 X X X X 9/ X X X 7/9
4-7-10 in the 1st (great start after the decent game haha), converted 9 pin in the 6th, 3-6-10 in the 10th and then left the 4 the last ball. Another solid game! Like the 2nd frame last game, I came in high in the 1st and 10th.

Strikes in both 9th frames today!!!
9-9 on single spares (including the 3 each of 7s and 10s during warm-up)
1-3 on multi-pin spares, (missing the 5-9 kept me from 2-3).
Neither game was clean but the scores kept me from getting too bummed about that.
3 "bad" balls today and 4 balls with angles just a touch off from ideal...why can't I do that all the time?!?! Lol.
I used the Critical for both games.

shadd
04-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Forgot to log my scores from 15APR16...rough day that day, think I tried to delete from memory haha. I had messed up my wrist the weekend before doing yard work...stupid yard work!!!

15APR16
Game 1: 140 (eeeeesh)
Hit my mark only once, striking only once (last ball of the 10th frame). 3 chops, 2 washouts and a single last ball strike...yikes!

Game 2: 190
A little better at hitting my mark this game, 6 strikes. Unfortunately, I opened 5-7...really screwed that game up.

22APR16
Game 1: 221
X X 9- X X 8/ X X X 9/7
Missed the 7 in the 3rd. Converted the 1-2 in the 6th and 10 in the 10th. Easy spare costs me the clean game. I was 100% on 7s and 10s in warm-ups but blew right by the 7 when it counted.

Game 2: 186
81 8/ X X X 8S1 9/ 6/ 72 XX9
Got the 10 of the 6-10 in the 1st (WHAT?!?!?!, I hate when that happens haha). Converted the 2-8 in the 2nd. Picked up the 4 of the 4-9 in the 6th. Picked up the 7 in 7th, bucket in the 8th. Opened the 9th by chopping the 1-2 of the 1-2-4.

5/8 on spares that should be converted and opened the 9th of the second game (on 1 of the spares that should have been converted)...not very good.

Wrist was still feeling a little off, just not as bad as last week. Hopefully, it continues to be on the mend.

shadd
04-29-2016, 09:28 PM
29APR16
Game 1: 220 (Clean!)
X X 9/ 8/ X X X 8/ 9/ 7/9
10 in the 3rd, 4-7 in the 4th, 6-10 in the 8th, 10 in the 9th, and 1-2-4 in the 10th. Spare shooting was on point! I was a little off on hitting my mark a couple balls and was inconsistent with my release...weird because I'm usually on point (the wrist still is a little "off").

Game 2: 203
9- X 6/ 7/ X X X 9/ 8/ X 9/
Missed the 7 (right side) in the 1st, then 1-2-5-8 in the 3rd, 4-7-8 in the 4th, 4 in the 8th, 1-2 in the 9th, and 6 in the 10th. More of the same from the 1st game as seen with the missed head pin a couple times.

Overall, scored "alright" and had 1 open...can't complain.

shadd
05-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Winding down the work lunch league, next week is the last week and we are in 1st by a point...should be interesting next Friday!

06MAY16
Game 1: 159 (sesh)
8S- X 7S2 X 81 X X 9/ 9/ 8S1
Pocket 7-10 in the 1st, 4-6-7 in the 3rd, chopped the 1 off the 1-2 in the 5th (over adjusted after the 1st 2 pocket splits on that lane), 6 in the 8th, 10 in the 9th, and then hit the 5 of the 4-5 in the 10th. 4 opens; 1 easy, 1 middle, and 2 highly difficult. The left lane really gave me fits that game. I found towards the end that I was rushing, both approach and delivery.

Game 2: 223 (clean)
9/ 9/ 8/ X 9/ 9/ X X X X8S1
10, 6, 1-2, 9, 4 in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th, respectively. Clipped the 10 off the 3-10 the 2nd ball of the 10th. Really focused on my pace this game and it played off with a decent, clean game.

100% on single pins, misses on 3 easy to moderate 2 pin spares, and 2 big splits...gotta clean that up and increase strike % next week!

shadd
05-18-2016, 08:53 AM
Last Friday was the final day of the work league...boy did I suck haha

13MAY16
Game 1: 162
Only 2 strikes and 2 opens. Spare shooting was ok, thankfully since I had NINE attempts at spares lol.

Game 2: 146
4 strikes, 4 opens, and a gutter ball (been a while for that).

I just couldn't do anything right that day (I don't know if it was the high humidity, lanes 1/2 being pretty cruddy, or the fact the I was in the middle of a weight cut for a strongman show I had the next day), luckily no-one else could either . I was 50-60 under average both games and most everyone else was 20-50 under average. Thankfully, our 120 average guy was able to go 30-40 over both games to bring home the 2nd half championship!!!

Last night I subbed on the work Tuesday night summer league team

17MAY16
Game 1: 197
App wigged out and didn't save data from this game...wasn't clean, I remember that.

Game 2: 199
9/ 81 7- X X X 9/ X X 6/X
10 in the 1st, chopped the 2-8 in the 2nd, whiffed the 1-3-9 in the 3rd, 4 in the 7th, and 1-3-6-10 in the 10th.

Game 3: 236
9- X X X 9/ 9/ X X X X9/
Missed the 10 in the 1st, 10 in the 5th, 6 in the 6th, and 10 in the 10th. Hit the pocket with flush every ball...why can't I do that all the time haha

These were by far the heaviest conditions I've seen since I started back bowling last fall (took me all of warm-ups and the 1st 4-5 frames of the 1st game to figure out what the heck I needed to do with all that oil), kinda makes me realize how light/inconsistent the oil is for the Friday fun league. No clean games and only 1 200+ but I cant get too upset with a 633 bowling on "foreign" conditions.

shadd
06-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Subbed last night on the Tuesday night league. 1st time bowling in about a month...I don't like the way that sounds haha

07JUN16
Game 1: 233
54 9/ X X X 8S- X X X XXX
Warm-ups were going great and then I yanked the 1st ball.
Mess in the 1st, 4 in the 2nd, and 8-10 in the 6th.

Game 2: 161
Transition ate me up!
X 7/ 63 7/ X 45 6/ X 81 X8/
1-3-6 in the 2nd, washout in the 3rd, 6-9-10 in the 4th, mess in the 6th (another yank), chopped 5-9 in the 9th, and 6-10 on 2nd ball of 10th.

Game 3: 204
Found my way around the transition a little bit.
X X 72 X X 8/ 9/ 72 X XX6
Chopped 1-2-8 in the 3rd, 2-5 in the 6th, 4 in the 7th, 1-2-10 in the 8th, and left bucket last ball of the night.

Transition management and spraying were tonights downfall! The Pathogen was rolling nicely and doing its usual dump-truck thing...when I was able to hit my target and not get beat up by the transition.

No clean games, 2 200+ games, and just a couple pins shy of a 600 series...that 2nd game really screwed that up haha

shadd
09-23-2016, 04:35 PM
Yikes,over 3 months since I've bowled...that's dumb!!! We had a super busy summer and an equally as busy early falls, no chance to sub on the Tuesday league and I missed the 1st 2 weeks of the lunchtime work league.

23SEP16
Game 1: 194
X 9/ s8-1 X X 9/ X 9/ 9/ X7-2
10 in the 2nd, 4-6 in the 3rd, 4 in the 6th, 9in the 8th, 5 in the 9th, and a washout on the 2nd ball in the 10th.
5 strikes, 1 open (split), and 4-4 on single pins.

Game 2: 244
X X s8-1 X X X 8/ x X XXX
4-6 in the 3rd (thumb stuck a little and I pulled it a bit through the nose) and 1-2 in the 7th (got a little wide and didn't quite make it back to the pocket).
10 strikes, 1 open (same split as 1st game), 0-0 (haha) on single pins.

1st game I guess I was shaking some rust off, spraying a little bit too much and the 2nd game I was 2 balls away from a really good game. Spare shooting was really good and my pace/rhythm felt like the 3+ months off didn't affect it too much.

shadd
10-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Had to pre-bowl today since I will be out of the office on Friday and miss the lunch league. Ran over quick on my lunch, got 2 practice frames each lane and I was off...

05OCT16
Game 1: 268
X 9- X X X X X X X XXX
Pocket 7 pin in the 2nd and skipped the 2nd ball and missed right. I can't remember the last time I skipped a ball haha. 1 shot (and a "decent" shot at that) away from that big game...wonder if I'll ever punch that ticket?!?!

Game 2: 237
8/ X X 9- X 8/ X X X X XXX
5-9 in the 1st, missed the 8 in the 4th, and 1-2 in the 6th.

2 bad balls and 2 bad single pin attempts, all in all it was a really fun 15 minutes, not even too mad I left some out there haha.

shadd
10-21-2016, 09:35 PM
21OCT16
Game 1: 172
8/ X 7/ 9/ 6/ X X 6S2 8/ 63
2-8 in the 1st, 1-2-4 in the 3rd, 3 in the 4th, left bucket in the 5th, big 4 in the 8th, 2-5 in the 9th, 5-6-8-9 in the 10th. All over the place this game, couldn't consistently hit my mark. The pinsetter reset after my 1st ball and I didn't see the leave, someone said 5-6-8-9 so I went with it even though I didn't think it was accurate.

Game 2: 243
X X X X X X 7S2 9/ X X 8/
3-6-7 in the 7th, 2 in the 9th, 3-6 on the 2nd ball in the 10th. Got a little more consistent this game! Came in a little high on all non-strikes.

Need to figure out how to get/stay consistent...don't we all haha

shadd
11-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Looks like I forgot last weeks...

28OCT 16
Game 1: 177
Game 2: 203

04NOV16
Game 1: 219
X X X 9- X X X X 6S2 8/X
Missed the ringing 10 in the 4th, big 4 in the 9th, 1-2 in the 10th. Kinda bummed about this game...felt way better than a 219. Opening the 9th really costed me a good score.

Game 2: 253
X X X X X X X X 7/ 72
Went Brooklyn in the 6th and the had the slowest, silliest messenger in the 8th...started thinking I might have been on my way. Came in a little light in the 9th and my latest bid at the dream was dashed haha

shadd
11-15-2016, 08:03 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be bowling regularly for the time being. I was laid off last week, so obviously I won't be bowling in the work league anymore haha. Hopefully, I can pick up where I left off when I get back on the lanes...I felt like I was rolling and scoring well recently. Such is life!!!

NewToBowling
11-15-2016, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you

JasonNJ
11-15-2016, 08:41 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be bowling regularly for the time being. I was laid off last week, so obviously I won't be bowling in the work league anymore haha. Hopefully, I can pick up where I left off when I get back on the lanes...I felt like I was rolling and scoring well recently. Such is life!!!

That sucks. Good luck and hopefully you can find something else.

shadd
11-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the well-wishes gentlemen!

I had a phone screen on Tuesday and a fairly involved interview yesterday, so hopefully something good will come of it!

Funny thing is that the new place is right next door to the bowling alley, proximity won't be an excuse haha.