PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from West Michigan

Traleron
11-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Hello everyone,

Just a quick introduction to say hello and get my first post in.

My name is Rick and I'm from the Grand Rapids area of western Michigan. I have always enjoyed bowling, but never really bowled regularly or on a league. Earlier this year I had a bowling party with some coworkers for a celebration, and it rekindled my interest enough that I bought a ball a few weeks later - a Roto Grip Hysteria.

Lately I've been bowling 3-4 games on Sunday afternoons, and I am totally enjoying myself. I've never been a consistent bowler, but having my own ball that is drilled properly is like day and night from using a house ball. Last week I had my best 3 games ever (142-155-155), which is a big improvement from the <100 scores I would get before. Every week I am seeing improvement, and I'm watching lots of videos online to get a feel for the different bowling approaches (which is my current area of focus - working on my timing and getting my steps down, something that never really concerned me when bowling casually with a house ball).

Anyhow, thanks for everyone that posts here, and see you around on the boards.

-Rick

billf
11-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Welcome Rick

manke
11-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the site? Ask ? if you got them.

JasonNJ
11-13-2015, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the site, in no time you'll be near a 200 average and probably have 10 different bowling balls. =P

bubba809
11-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the site, in no time you'll be near a 200 average and probably have 10 different bowling balls. =P

Woooooooooooooooo....BURN!

Jaescrub
11-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Welcome Rick. my wife is from Mi. We are up there all the time. I always tell others thy bowl just for fun that if you bowl more then 5 times a year get your own shoes and ball fit for yourself it's night and day.