PDA

View Full Version : First 289/700

scottymoney
11-17-2015, 09:06 AM
Before last night I had only made it to the front 8 before collapsing. Now I have made it to the front 10.
Left a ringing 10 pin on the 11th shot and picked up the 10 for the 289.

I also got my first 700 and by 700 I mean exactly 700!

We do 3-10 week sessions so last night was our first position round and next week starts session 2.
Being far enough ahead in 1st we did not even need to show up. So I decided to try and play an outside line up 7 with my Tag just for the heck of it. After 2 opens, a strike, and spare in the first 4 frames I switched to my Shock and rolled out a 214 the first game. Followed by the 289, which had my heart jumping out of my chest...... The 3rd game my shot had gone away, but after a ball change to the Forza and a move in of 2 and 2 left I found something to finish off with a 197 and the exact 700.

All the training and practice has paid off and I have been averaging around 218 through 2 leagues the past 4 weeks. Now I got picked up for a Thursday night league which is much more competitive than my other 2 leagues. This has been what I have been waiting for and can't wait to bowl tougher competition.

Amyers
11-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Congrats Scotty on a nice game and a good set. I've had the front 7 more times than I can count but I never make it past that (high game 267 multiple times). It's great when you can see the hard work pay off.

manke
11-17-2015, 09:51 AM
Nice rolling! Keep it up and you'll get that first 300!!

scottymoney
11-17-2015, 10:23 AM
Thank you! I was doing alright controlling the heart rate and relaxing between shots. But of course the 10th frame everyone around me stopped and it got quiet. Buried the first shot in the 10th and then ring 10. I hated it being so quiet, but I get that everyone wanted to stay out of my way.

You know you are doing something right when you get a few guys that tell you, that they like watching me bowl. I will take that as a compliment!

fortheloveofbowling
11-17-2015, 10:25 AM
Congrats on your new high scores.

RobLV1
11-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Great bowling!

vdubtx
11-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Congrats on your latest accomplishments. Many more to come. :cool:

classygranny
11-17-2015, 08:54 PM
Great bowling...keep it up!!!!

shadd
11-18-2015, 08:03 AM
Great Job!!!
If this isn't "Honor Roll" worthy, I don't know what is!

Aslan
11-18-2015, 02:19 PM
I nominate him as "Bowler of the Week".

scottymoney
11-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Well Aslan I am hoping to state my case with similar performances Thursday and Friday nights.
lol

Mark O
11-19-2015, 09:46 AM
Congrats Scotty, great game and great set!

Aslan
11-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Well Aslan I am hoping to state my case with similar performances Thursday and Friday nights.
lol
Don't get greedy.

billf
11-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Nice to see a friend bowl well. Congratulations! You've worked hard and deserve any success you get.

Blacksox1
11-20-2015, 12:21 AM
I'm late to the party. Great game and set.:)

scottymoney
11-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Nice to see a friend bowl well. Congratulations! You've worked hard and deserve any success you get.
Thanks Bill, I owe some of my success to the help you have given me.

Funny thing that I don't care much about. But being my first 700 series I checked the paper to see if they put it in there. Well my 289 - 700 was there but they forgot to put my name. I told my league secretary last night when I saw him since he bowls Thursdays too. He told me he definitely put my name, which I told him I didn't mind and that he would be filling out more of those in the near future.

My start to bowling a more competitive Thursday league was a learning experience. When you step up in competition there is definitely a learning curve to transition. I know how to read transition but Thursday nights in this league it literally transitions way faster than I have ever seen before.

Amyers
11-20-2015, 10:37 AM
Thanks Bill, I owe some of my success to the help you have given me.

Funny thing that I don't care much about. But being my first 700 series I checked the paper to see if they put it in there. Well my 289 - 700 was there but they forgot to put my name. I told my league secretary last night when I saw him since he bowls Thursdays too. He told me he definitely put my name, which I told him I didn't mind and that he would be filling out more of those in the near future.

My start to bowling a more competitive Thursday league was a learning experience. When you step up in competition there is definitely a learning curve to transition. I know how to read transition but Thursday nights in this league it literally transitions way faster than I have ever seen before.

The faster transition was a hard learning curve for me too. I really never considered that 1 extra person (my challenge league is 5 person teams) would make that much difference but you've got 10 guys throwing agressive balls down a line instead of 3 or 4 aggressive 2 plastics and 2 that spray the ball everywhere. it really makes a difference.

scottymoney
11-20-2015, 01:04 PM
It is still 4 man for us, but against better bowlers the lines get burnt up a lot quicker. To begin the night I had the front 5 to start then the quick transition came and I had trouble keeping up. I am glad to be taking my lumps and getting the chance now. You can only be so good against certain competition. But very glad to keep testing and improving my game in different areas.