PDA

View Full Version : 3 Ball Roller

Redheadhunter21
11-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Well with Christmas around the corner I'll be getting a new ball. That's going to require a new bag. Currently I have a camo Storm 3 tote roller, works great but only enough room for balls, and I have an old double roller that's falling apart.

So I'm kinda torn between two bags. One is the KR Hybrid X in camo, I like the looks of this one better and it has an 1" more width. The other is a Storm 3-ball streamline in camo, it would be a match to my other storm bag which would be going with it every week, but I'm really not sold on it.

So I'm looking for y'all's opinions on these 2 bags, I'm not brand loyal to anything so name means nothing unless it's a cheap product.

Links for both

http://www.krstrikeforce.com/en/hybrid-x/
https://www.stormbowling.com/products/bags/748

JasonNJ
11-17-2015, 10:43 PM
I have the KR Strikeforce Cruiser bag which looks like the same bag except for the pattern on it and it's a good bag. The shoe compartment is huge and it wheels fine. I prefer the bigger wheels so I would go with the Strikeforce but my actual advice would be to spend a little more and go with the 4 ball roller. With the 3 bag roller you have to lay them flat to open and actually takes more space. The 4 bag rollers stand upright and are more compact.

Also if you ever get another ball in the future you'll have the extra space.

Jessiewoodard57
11-18-2015, 09:10 AM
I went from a 2 ball to a 3 ball then finally a 4 ball bag I would have saved a bunch of money if I had just thought ahead and bought the 4 ball bag. Just my thoughts

JasonNJ
11-18-2015, 10:08 AM
I went from a 2 ball to a 3 ball then finally a 4 ball bag I would have saved a bunch of money if I had just thought ahead and bought the 4 ball bag. Just my thoughts

I did the exact same thing.

manke
11-18-2015, 10:55 AM
What did you do with your old rollers?

JasonNJ
11-18-2015, 11:10 AM
What did you do with your old rollers?

I gave my 2 ball roller away and I bought my kids bowling balls and I used the 3 bag roller for them.

fordman1
11-18-2015, 11:40 AM
It would not surprise me if KR didn't make all the bags for every company. I think they had a patent on the bigger wheels or something like that.

Jessiewoodard57
11-18-2015, 01:35 PM
I gave mine away too

Redheadhunter21
11-18-2015, 03:50 PM
I like the way y'all think however the width of the 4 ball rollers is going to be hard to manage at my bowling alley and I'm worried it might be to much for the girlfriend to handle putting in and out of her trunk. Like I stated I have a 3- ball tote I will keep using in addition to the new one I usually roll both bags and she carries a bag with our shoes that hopefully she won't need to with either of these bags.

From the sounds of it KR bags are quality bags, I'm just hoping the big wheels and longer handle will allow the girlfriend to roll the new bag.

vdubtx
11-18-2015, 04:23 PM
I'll be picking up a couple 3 ball rollers, but they will be the tote rollers. They have detachable pouches on top. Will be nice to be able to check in 2 3 ball rollers with the airlines when I go to Nationals.

fokai73
11-18-2015, 04:28 PM
Elite triple platinum roller or the 900global, those bags are one of the best built 3 ball rollers.

I've owned many types of bags and several triple rollers, the Elite was my favorite. Many pockets and the detachable pouch is a plus. But KR makes good bags too, but again, if you need pockets, smooth wheels, and a strong handle ETP is the bag. Also, I'm not gentle with my stuff and I traveled overseas with it many times, still worked. But I gave it away to a bowlers who was struggling financially. also because I was down sizing my bowling equipment.

got_a_300
11-19-2015, 11:34 AM
The 3 ball roller KR bag I have isn't the best for holding up all 3 balls in it. The bag has a tendency to want to fall over all the time if I put the Joey on it for a 4th ball then look out it is going to fall over every time.

That is the main reason I decided to quit using it and went and bought one of the Linds 3,4,5 option bag it just works so much better and no worries about it falling over even with 5 balls in it.

NewToBowling
11-19-2015, 11:44 AM
I have a KR 3 ball roller and it is made well. Big wheels and sturdy. Got it used on Craigslist so showing it's age but well manufactured

foreverincamo
11-20-2015, 05:26 PM
I just got two 3-ball totes from Hammer. They have little wheels but decent shoulder straps. I've given up on trying to drag a roller thru a parking lot. Too many defects to run over and tip the bag over. I can shoulder carry two bags and still open the door to get inside.

Cajun
11-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Just got this as my Christmas present :)

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-bags/kr-strikeforce/11990/lane-rover-2-double-roller-blacklime.html

Blomer
11-27-2015, 06:39 PM
I have a Brunswick 3 ball roller I got from my pro shop. I use it only when I bowl at a different house every other week. When I bowl in my Monday league, I use my two ball bag, no wheels as I have a locker there that has three balls inside. I usually keep my spare ball in there with my Rocket.

Jekyll & Hyde
12-05-2015, 01:35 PM
i have a bruinswick 3 ball bag and i like all the pockets that it has for all of my stuff

Timmyb
12-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Elite triple platinum roller or the 900global, those bags are one of the best built 3 ball rollers.

I've owned many types of bags and several triple rollers, the Elite was my favorite. Many pockets and the detachable pouch is a plus. But KR makes good bags too, but again, if you need pockets, smooth wheels, and a strong handle ETP is the bag. Also, I'm not gentle with my stuff and I traveled overseas with it many times, still worked. But I gave it away to a bowlers who was struggling financially. also because I was down sizing my bowling equipment.

I have the Elite Platinum bag as well. Great bag, but my only gripe is I wear size 13's, and they don't fit so well in the supposed size 15 pouch.

Jaescrub
12-06-2015, 04:26 PM
I have a KR 2, 3, and 4 ball roller and love them great bags and good warranty. Had to replace my two ball after a small rivet came out. I called emailed two photos and had a new bag in one week.