PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Golf?

The KingPin
02-04-2009, 11:13 PM
So golf is fun, but does any here golf?

I spoke to a guy the other day and he told me that it was an old person sport. I was like hmm. What do you all think?

The KingPin
02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow no one golfs, hmm too busy bowling I guess

The Bowling Guru
02-19-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm not really into golf, however, I do enjoy going to the driving range and just whacking balls as far as I can. Good, inexpensive, stress reliever :)

The KingPin
02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
I hear you. I hit a house last year and it gets me nervous every time now when I golf.

tbrownie
05-18-2009, 01:26 AM
I havent gotten the chance to play a real game of golf. But i love the driving range, and i love mini golf, and video game golf, and WILL be playing golf for real sometime soon lol. i hit a small fairway wood about 200 yards consistantly last time i was at a driving range... no idea if that is good or not

NoTapNorm
05-18-2009, 06:01 AM
I get to play 5-6 times a year. Last year was less, because of carpal tunnel surgery, but afterwards, I was hitting the ball straighter than before. I've been playing a couple years, and I have no clue what my scores are-usually they're X's because I reach the maximum, so it looks more like a bowling score sheet than golf.

MH1313
05-18-2009, 12:55 PM

I spoke to a guy the other day and he told me that it was an old person sport. I was like hmm. What do you all think?

during the summer I golf quite a bit...most of the folks I bowl with take the summer off bowling and we play other sports for a "change of pace"...I golf a few times a month as finances allow.

Up here in teh frozen tundra you get outside when the weather is nice, and stay in when its not...so for the summer since you can be outside without catching hypothermia, you are outside doing SOMETHING

Jord_84
05-18-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm dangerous with a set of golf clubs.
I haven't allowed myself to leave the driving range and step foot on a real course.
I think I'll keep it that way. I'm content to bowl during the summer.

Seamistlark
05-26-2009, 10:23 AM
I get to Golf two or three times a year through work. We go to tournaments put on by our venders. I get to "hack up" some of the better courses around the area. Last year I won Closest to the Pin at one event. Lucky shot with the wrong club put me 28" from the hole. Guy on my team said it was the best shot he had seen me hit all day.

Hammerguy529
05-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Golf is another difficult sport. I've tried it a few times with my grandfather who used to be an avid golfer. In all honesty it's not for me, but it can be enjoyable especially if you like the quiet and the outdoors. My personal best on the local country club was a 101. My shortgame is MUCH better than my long game im afraid.

mrbill
05-28-2009, 07:05 PM

I Worked on 2 diffrent corses in NY and 2 in fla but never played a game.:o
I've Went on the driving range plenty of times but never had the chance to play any holes.
I bet my short game will stink but I can Slam it 300yrds here and there;)

ArtVandelay
08-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Bowling is an interesting sport, because I've noticed most bowlers don't branch out into too many other sports.

I, happen to LOVE golf. I'm going tomorrow morning, actually. The problem is, in Texas it gets really hot in the summer, so you have to go early (7:30am tee time tomorrow), and we normally only play 9 holes in the summer, unless the temperatures stay cool enough to get 18 in.

It's a very frustrating game for many people, but I've never seen it that way. I don't ever expect to be good at it. I just enjoy the scenery, the camaraderie, the laughs. If you golf with people who are on your level, everyone has fun, you just have to have a good sense of humor.

On an 18 hole course, I can normally shoot somewhere between 93-98 with my lowest round ever being an 87 and my highest round ever being a 130-something.... I try to forget about that round.....

I hear you. I hit a house last year and it gets me nervous every time now when I golf.

The thing about owning a house on a golf course is....: EXPECT IT TO GET HIT!!!! It happens all the time. Don't get discouraged. If you're playing on a course nice enough to have houses on it, then just consider yourself lucky. When we play the country clubs that have houses, sometimes one of us will hit a house too. It happens. SO, we have some fun with it. If you have the balls to go in their yard and play your ball, we let you take 5 strokes off your final score. Fun times!

jBryan
08-02-2009, 06:23 AM
I enjoy playing golf. I just started last year and have been going to the driving range alot lately. I'm thinking of picking up a R9 driver soon.

branstew
08-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I come from the home of golf but it makes me fall asleep watching it.

NoTapNorm
08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
I enjoy playing, but havent this year, and probably wont be able to because I tore the bicep muscle in the left arm.....there's always next year.

The KingPin
08-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I am going today. I wish my drive was a bit out of the weeds, but it makes for a great day