PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch / like Nascar?

The KingPin
02-04-2009, 11:15 PM
So the new season is right around the corner, does anyone here keep up with Nascar?

I have a tough time watching 500 laps.

What about you?

kev3inp
02-05-2009, 05:02 AM
Now there's some excitement.. Left turn, I wonder what will happen next. Oooo another left turn, what's next. Left turn... Zzzz. People only watch for the crashes. I can wait and see those on ESPN.

Jord_84
02-05-2009, 06:11 AM
yeah nascar really bores me to death. but then again, I got dragged to nascar short track races every weekend when I was a kid....against my will...so I'm predisposed to hate racing.

I'm looking forward to baseball season, this will be the year my Chicago Cubs make it to the playoffs and then bomb miserably, oh wait, they do that every year.

maybe this will be the year lol

chrisdaman77
02-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Now there's some excitement.. Left turn, I wonder what will happen next. Oooo another left turn, what's next. Left turn... Zzzz. People only watch for the crashes. I can wait and see those on ESPN.

I have always loved how everyone thought that that's what it is all about. I would dearly love those folks to go out and run the 170+ mph and "a left turn". These guys are skilled at what they do and when only a foot orless from another car keep from wrecking.

NoTapNorm
02-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I try to keep up with NASCAR- much to my wife's chagrin. Before last year, all we had was the main TV in the living room, so she went out and bought a 26" flat screen in the den so I can watch racing & bowling in there. She doesnt like the fact that if I'm watching racing, I'm not doing something constructive.
With the way the season ended (the chase) I became disillusioned with the chase. When you hand the points leader the pole position for half of the playoffs-what chance do the other contenders have?

Iceman
02-05-2009, 12:33 PM
I only watch Daytona, we have a big pool going this year. $100 entry, pick 3 cars from chips and if any of the cars come in the top 3 spots, it's broke down by 1500, 300 and 200. Last year, I got 2 and 3rd due to the crash at the end, both my 2 and 3 cars were in 4th and 5th, and once the green flag dropped on the final laps, they both sling shot into front. It was classic. I did leave a big tip, and they (the bowling house) provides $1.00 beers and free pizza for everyone entered.

It's a good sunday to go watch nascar and forget about bowling. They have a nice lounge with big screens and plenty of smack talk....

kev3inp
02-05-2009, 05:20 PM
If you want to watch actual driving skill, watch Formula 1. If it's speed you like, there's drag racing.

Oh, and you must have missed it before, Jord, so I'll say it again, nice and early. Wait 'til next year. The Chicago cubs, more than 100 years of futility. The billy goat lives. Go you White Sox! ;)

I grew up in the shadow of Comisky Park. I was going to Sox games before I was born. I had perfect attendance from 8th grade through high school to get free tickets.

Jord_84
02-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I will shed the blood of hundreds of innocent goats!

actually... sacrificing a goat then BBQ'ing it while drinking beer and watching the cubs could be a good time.

bowl1820
02-05-2009, 10:31 PM
I'll watch the first 15 minutes and last 15 minutes that's when it's most interesting.I'm with Kev Formula One.If You want to see forumla One in it's glorys days watch the movie "Grand Prix"

onefrombills
02-05-2009, 11:28 PM
No more Tony in the #20 Home Depot car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kev3inp
02-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Look in your newspaper comics for today's Non Sequitur. It's hilarious. The great depression indeed.

Cerberus
02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I have always thought there is only 2 ways to watch Nascar, either you have to be drinking, or you have to be playing in some type of league or pool. Other than that it's very hard to watch. Though, I am in about 2 or 3 fantasy leagues, so I can stomach the end of the races. If your interested in joining some, or maybe starting one for the people here, I would be interested.

The KingPin
02-06-2009, 11:34 PM
I have always thought there is only 2 ways to watch Nascar, either you have to be drinking, or you have to be playing in some type of league or pool. Other than that it's very hard to watch. Though, I am in about 2 or 3 fantasy leagues, so I can stomach the end of the races. If your interested in joining some, or maybe starting one for the people here, I would be interested.

Hmm maybe you have a great idea for a new nascar sponsor? Alcoholics Anonymous Wow those cars would be great. They can give out the step chips and everything.

Actually on a serious note I know AA helps many, but in this light its funny

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Here's all you need to know about NASCAR: When they were building the (formerly) Winston Tower, it ended up blocking the Daytona Intl. Airport's radar in that area.....and they got away with it!! Having lived here for 27 years, evening having worked right next to the track and putting up with all their crap, I am not a fan.

Trex
07-28-2011, 12:36 PM
To me it's boring!!........
Restrictions out the ying yang!! ....All of them may as well be driving Ford Pinto's around in a circle.

Why would someone in there right mind even want to drive, or watch a race car drive around a track that is just big enough for go carts ?

The other bigger, longer tracks....What determines the winner is who can drive a Ford Pinto around in a circle for 200 to 500 laps and not fall asleep or run out of gas!! LOL

I can and have.... raced at speeds of up to 190 MPH, and it is fun, but to put into force stupid rules that limit what you can do with engines....etc "THAT IS WHAT MADE ME LOSE INTEREST IN NASCAR"

I was one of the biggest fans of Nascar until they banned the Hemi because no one else could build anything that could beat it!! ....Every one else just cried like babies until they got there way!! Instead of banning the Hemi, every one else should have been forced to develop there own Hemi and perfect it so that they could compete.....AT LEAST FORD DID TRY!! ...THE CHEVY BOYS JUST COULDN'T CUT IT!! LOL

But like Bowling...Rules are made so that the lesser talented/knowledgeable folks win rather than the real champions of the sport!! ...Just because they can't stand for the same person to keep winning....lol

But that's life here it seems..... :rolleyes: