PDA

View Full Version : Thumb Mold

ep1977
12-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Has anyone here ever had there PSO make a thumb mold so that all of your balls have an identical thumb? My PSO has recommended I do this because I love the feel of the thumb on one of my balls more than any of the others.

JasonNJ
12-05-2015, 05:54 PM
I had bowlingball.com make one for me. I ordered a ball and they had an option for it and I sent them one of my best fitting balls and they copied my span and created a thumb mold for me and drilled me 3 balls with those exact specs. I love it because all my other balls were always just a little different and I don't have that problem any more.

ep1977
12-05-2015, 07:23 PM
I had bowlingball.com make one for me. I ordered a ball and they had an option for it and I sent them one of my best fitting balls and they copied my span and created a thumb mold for me and drilled me 3 balls with those exact specs. I love it because all my other balls were always just a little different and I don't have that problem any more.

Thanks, I think I'm going to do it as well. I like the idea of all of my balls feeling as good as my best fitting ball.

Blomer
12-05-2015, 08:23 PM
What about using the IT system or Switch Grip?

larry mc
12-06-2015, 12:43 AM
ive been thinking about doing this also . is it worth it ??

JasonNJ
12-06-2015, 01:43 AM
ive been thinking about doing this also . is it worth it ??

I'm not sure if you're asking about the thumb mold or the IT system but I think the thumb mold is worth it.

bowl1820
12-06-2015, 08:57 AM
You can actually do both, Have a Vise IT with a molded thumb in it.

ep1977
12-06-2015, 04:07 PM
I'm picking up 3 balls tomorrow night that are being worked on now. The mold is being made today. I'll let you know my opinion when I get them.

AlexNC
12-06-2015, 10:47 PM

I am intrigued. Might have to try this.

Tony
12-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Glad this thread wasn't what it could have been, given the title Thumb Mold !

ep1977
12-07-2015, 07:02 PM
I picked up my balls tonight and bowled a few games to see how they feel. I am very happy with the way they turned out. All 3 feel pretty much identical. For the nominal fee I paid for this I feel it was a GREAT investment as it will be used on any future balls I get drilled at this Pro Shop. My spare ball didn't feel quite right but now feels perfect and the same goes for my Lock.

Amyers
12-08-2015, 10:40 AM
I've been using molds for a while now and been pretty happy with it. You can still get some variance with size if the holes are slightly tighter or looser but they are going to be very close and feel exactly the same inside.