PDA

View Full Version : What are your pro shop hours?

NewToBowling
12-07-2015, 05:35 PM
At my place it's all over the place. Tue-Wed-Friday only and only from noon to 4pm (or something like that). Which is why I really don't go there much or give them my business.

Another one across town with a very competent owner who is always excited to see you is open 6 days a week 10am-7 or 8pm. Of course he has a big enough customer base to maintain those hours so he'll gladly open up when he has a steady string of customers coming in.

It's the chicken vs egg argument. Not enough customers so decides to stay open limited days vs trying to gain new customers by always being open.

Blomer
12-07-2015, 06:08 PM
My guy who I travel about 20-25 minutes two is open 4 days a week with consistent hours and changes during summer, but still consistent. The guy at the house I bowl at is barely there. But again, it's barely a pro shop.

vdubtx
12-07-2015, 06:22 PM
One of my local places I never know when someone will be there. They aren't even open the whole time we are bowling league.
Another shop on the house I bowl in on Tuesday is atleast is there most of the time especially when we are bowling league.

I want to support local businesses, but it's hard when you want something and they won't have it for a week.

I started working with a much smaller shop that will go to the distributor when you want something and can even have it within an hour.
On Black Friday when I got my Haywire, I talked to my guy and he had a ball within an hour and texted me to come pick it up in another 30 minutes so we could punch it up.

ep1977
12-07-2015, 07:17 PM
My house has a Pro shop that is open 8 hours a day 7 days a week but the employees are not guys that I would ever give my hard earned money to. So I drive another 10 minutes away to another shop where the PSO is a good guy who appreciates your business. This shop is open 6 days a week about 4 hours a day.

foreverincamo
12-07-2015, 07:36 PM
The one I frequent is open 6 days a week but only around 3 hours a day. He doesn't open until 6 pm. Great work though.

fokai73
12-07-2015, 07:46 PM
I don't know when the PS is open week from week. So I have to call the shop and either talk to him about his schedule, or on his voicemail he will leave his schedule for that week. I have to drive out of town to see him so it's really helpful he does what he does.

In the past, shops would stay open till at least an hour after leagues starts. Now, they close before leagues or the house closed the Proshop completely to make room for an arcade.

Tony
12-07-2015, 08:31 PM
There are 3 different one in the area that I use, they have fairly decent hours during the fall and winter and the one in the center I bowl at is open before league and through at least the first 2 hours of wed night league. They do tend to be a little sloppy about being open on time and close early but summer is when the hours are really horrible.

Lefty651
12-07-2015, 11:31 PM
The shop where I bowl in my league closes at 7pm but I'm looking to find another place I can call my own. The guy at my pro shop is kind of shady and has already tried cheating me out of money.

Timmyb
12-08-2015, 12:29 AM
The two biggest shops here in Milwaukee have pretty consistent hours. However, they are operated by several of the most unpleasant people on the planet. I feel like I'm bothering them when I go in to spend money.

NewToBowling
12-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I hate going into a pro shop and having to deal with employees vs the owner. If it's just an employee they actually don't want to sell you a ball because that just means extra work for them. Rather just sit around and text. I get that vibe at one of the shops here. Guy hides behind counter not really trying to assist.

JasonNJ
12-08-2015, 12:01 PM
My local pro shop is hit and miss during the day but it's always open to 9PM during league nights. Also I try to only let the owner drill my ball because he's the only one with any skill at it. One of his other guys drilled a Pitch Black urethane ball for me and the span and grip sucks.

AlexNC
12-08-2015, 01:14 PM
The pro shop I use now is actually owned by the bowling center. As far as hours goes it is usually 8-7:30 M-F which is nice but....since it is owned by the center they will sometimes borrow the proshop guy to work the back if they are short staffed. They do have the same guy - who does my work - M-F from 8-4 and then some part timers in the evening.