PDA

View Full Version : Weekend plans yet?

The KingPin
02-05-2009, 02:14 AM
So the weekend is almost here, what plans do you have?

I might be going to an RV show even though I will not buy anything. More of a family time away from the house.

kev3inp
02-05-2009, 04:56 AM
We both work Saturday, so there's that day. Sunday we listen to Beatle Brunch and do laundry and watch the PBA, then Sunday night is league. Monday is the day we do our shopping and run errands. It's also the day I usually do my LGB thing. If the weather is cooperating we might barbeque. Not exactly the most exciting of weekends, is it?

Iceman
02-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Rock Band 2 Party Saturday evening :D, Tournament in Kentucky on Sunday.

We usually host 1 time a month. There's about 4 couples that come over and we drink and play. We even attempt singing, I choke the camel when I grab the mic, but it's all fun and games.

We setup a 60" LCD and 7.1 Surround Sound with digital optical from the Xbox - and it sounds great. we even have the stage kit so the lights add that special stage touch. We do record a few sessions to play back and hear the moaning and groaning of our voices, but we still do it again afterwards.

Jord_84
02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
The kids have bowling Sat. morning. Then maybe we'll go ice skating or take in a movie. The rodeo is in town too, so that's a possibility. I'm hoping we get our tax return back soon, so one of these weekends my husband and I can go out car shopping.
I'm soooo looking forward to getting rid of our 01 hyundai elantra!

Seamistlark
02-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Camping this weekend with the Scouts. My youngest will be there for the first time with us so it should be interesting. I will miss League on Saturday, but that's the way it goes. I will be taking over as Scoutmaster in March, for the fifth time in 25 years. This is the first time bothmy sons will be involved at the same time. I am actually getting excited about Scouting again.:D

Iceman
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Camping this weekend with the Scouts. My youngest will be there for the first time with us so it should be interesting. I will miss League on Saturday, but that's the way it goes. I will be taking over as Scoutmaster in March, for the fifth time in 25 years. This is the first time bothmy sons will be involved at the same time. I am actually getting excited about Scouting again.:D

I remembed the days of my dad scoutmaster, he really looked forward to it with me, until I told him I was not interested in starting fires using a piece of glass and the sun. But then I took up bowling and it made him feel better, we spent way more time together than we did at scouts. I sure do miss those days sometimes. He passed away last April, at the age of 65, so it has been a quiet year for me. But then again, my coach and good friend as been there for me when I needed. He never goes to funerals or hospitals, but he came to my father's funeral just to support me.

Oddly enough, so did my silent investor partner of my company, I rarely speak to him throughout the year, but he was there too. It really surprised me, but then everyone knew how close I was to my dad. Spend all the time you can with the kids, they will thank you later even if through their teen-age years.

kev3inp
02-05-2009, 05:14 PM

I remember being in Scouts. It was a great time. I hope this cold snap is over by then, unless you guys will be in a cabin. We went in winter once and we went through a shirtload of wood trying to keep warm. At least it won't be snowing for you.

It was 34 down here when I left for work. Good thing I kept my winter coat. I brushed the dust off and stayed warm.

Seamistlark
02-06-2009, 09:51 AM
It was 29 degrees here in the Bay area this morning. Should be warmer tomorrow.
Iceman, my dad passed in May of 07, so I understand what you mean, he was 66. I spend alot of time with my boys so this is just another excuse to be there. My oldest will be driving at the end of the summer so that means he will be around less, not looking forward to that. He is one of my best buds. During the season he goes to League with me about twice a month, and we try to get in a couple games if I finish early.

Anni1
02-07-2009, 08:20 PM
The only big plans I have this weekend are going to my nephew's 4th birthday party celebration at my parents' house.

There will be sledding, snowmobiling and tubing.

It should be fun.

The KingPin
02-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Rock Band 2 Party Saturday evening :D, Tournament in Kentucky on Sunday.

We usually host 1 time a month. There's about 4 couples that come over and we drink and play. We even attempt singing, I choke the camel when I grab the mic, but it's all fun and games.

We setup a 60" LCD and 7.1 Surround Sound with digital optical from the Xbox - and it sounds great. we even have the stage kit so the lights add that special stage touch. We do record a few sessions to play back and hear the moaning and groaning of our voices, but we still do it again afterwards.

Wow that sounds like fun. I have the Guitar hero, I wonder if Rock Band is better?

Jord_84
02-08-2009, 03:34 PM
guitar hero world tour is a blast.

I've heard you HAVE to have 3 people to play rock band.
Is that true?

with the guitar hero version, you can play with 1 or 2 people and choose your instrument.
Plus it has a beginner setting....so the kids can play too.

Iceman
02-09-2009, 01:27 PM
guitar hero world tour is a blast.

I've heard you HAVE to have 3 people to play rock band.
Is that true?

with the guitar hero version, you can play with 1 or 2 people and choose your instrument.
Plus it has a beginner setting....so the kids can play too.

All myths. I tried the World tour, but I can't get past the cartoonish game play. Maybe the elderness showing in me. But Rockband, you can do 1 to 4 players, either solo or bandplay and even get band members online or play with family/friends online all in the same band. They have Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert Levels, they even have a "no fail" on easy level option, but this is not for kids, the kids figure it out much faster then us parents do. There is about 500 songs available for RB now, and they had 3 to 10 songs a week that you can download for .99 cents. We usually buy 5000 points each month at $62.50 and spend it throughout the month or next few months. It sounds expensive, but it's less expensive then going to a movie these days. :p

There are many challenges each week, that are all optional, and if you create your rock band on rockband.com, anything you do in the game uploads statistics to rockband.com for tracking.

Overall, I like RB 2 better, we did get the premium 3rd party drum kit, not the drum kit that comes with RB2, which you can bang the hell on them and they don't break, on the below livespace blog (January post) there is a video of my daughter playing on the premium set. It's a modified electric set that had the Xbox module. Had 3 cymbals and 2 foot pedals. Adds to the no rhythm of drumming.

I do have a blog on Livespaces (http://itqiceman.spaces.live.com/) which shows our current characters and a few bowling video's I'm experimenting with, along with an entry on my coach. He saw it this past weekend, and laughed. He's not into the internet, but he thought it was pretty cool seeing himself on there. Like I said he's old school.

Seamistlark
02-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Well, we camped out this weekend and temperature dropped below 32 degrees. This means that the boys all earned a Polarbear Patch to put ontthe Scout Shirts. We only had one boy that said he was cold, but that was poor pre-planning on his part. He did not take the advice of the leaders and packed the wrong clothes. All in all we had a great weekend camping.:)
On the down side my team gave up 8 points on Saturday. I had told them to take my blinds but they decided to bring in the other couples son who bowls for his dad when he is on call for work. :mad:

The KingPin
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Well, we camped out this weekend and temperature dropped below 32 degrees. This means that the boys all earned a Polarbear Patch to put ontthe Scout Shirts. We only had one boy that said he was cold, but that was poor pre-planning on his part. He did not take the advice of the leaders and packed the wrong clothes. All in all we had a great weekend camping.:)
On the down side my team gave up 8 points on Saturday. I had told them to take my blinds but they decided to bring in the other couples son who bowls for his dad when he is on call for work. :mad:

Wow that sounds like you had a fun weekend. Great work.

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 11:10 AM
This weekend I'll be mowing the lawn, helping my Father-in-Law clean out his garage, going to see "Cowboys and Aliens" with my hot wife, and to church on Sunday.

Trex
07-30-2011, 08:20 PM
This weekend I'll be mowing the lawn, helping my Father-in-Law clean out his garage, going to see "Cowboys and Aliens" with my hot wife, and to church on Sunday.

That sounds like fun. :)

I went bowling, mowed the grass, got bit by ants, and now I am here on this site....lol