PDA

View Full Version : THS Changes....

Iceman
02-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Our house has started experiementing with the house shot implementation. I noticed a difference in the shot over on Monday and last night was the same. Down and In seemed to have advantage, but you don't have room inside to miss, it does hold, but so slick it's slides into pocket - a lot of 8 - 10 across the lanes. It was nice, I got out to 3 - 6 and played straight up the boards with no swing. Had to be firm, a little soft and it would take off, no pull room, just slides. Tried over 10, but no backend.

It showed on many of the 230 avg's, not carrying. No one complained except the big crankers, "couldn't move left and get to pocket". Ok, so move right, ahem.

They are balancing out the oil units in the middle to the sides. Their goal is 5 - 10 units on outside and however many the go to outside, they deduct from middle. So it's flattening out overall I assume.

This will focus more of consistent shots and not many bad shots will carry. It was playable, I just wasn't consistent enough to string em, when I made a bad shot, I got no breaks = splits. That's been the case this week so far, but they did tell me they were doing the above changes.

This is great news as they are trying to get away from the THS type and make it a little more challenging and not just a carry battle. This weeks nightly jackpots have won with 240's, a few 250's and even a couple 220's. This is how it shoulf be. I did win the last one last night with a 259. Switched to the gladiator solid and went across 10 to 5 and pin at 1 o'clock. Gamebreaker didn't read well, didn's scuff it prior. Rolled No mercy first 2 games, 20 and 198 (both clean games) a few 5 - 7 splits but still a 8 board feet move and roll strike mark usually gets it 90% of time. (when done right)

bowl1820
02-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Sounds pretty good! If you'd like more info on pattern take a look here.

Click here for Kegel Pattern Library (http://www.kegel.net/patternlibrary/default.asp)

Iceman
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I guess now I will have to find out what pattern they are using on that site. I saw a few that I felt seemed correct, but I guess as long as they are changing to something less easy, it's all good. :D