PDA

View Full Version : My First look at "THAT PURPLE STUFF"

bowl1820
12-29-2015, 11:31 PM
Got a bottle of that purple stuff for Xmas! and just got to try it out tonight. I cleaned before every frame and this is what I got off after 3 games using a regular microfiber towel and that purple stuff.

http://s5.postimg.org/4g0mf5o5j/after3games_TPS.jpg

I think I used more than needed though, while my towel felt damp with it. I didn't see it on the ball as I wiped towards the end of the first game, so added some more because I wasn't sure if it would be cleaning even though I didn't see it wet on the ball.

I wish I had that microfiber pad,maybe it holds it better, but $15 is a little pricey for the ave. Joe. especially testing out a new product.

I think I know a cheap substitute, but the stores here are out.

The ball did react consistently, my girlfriend tried it on her plastic ball and shot 48 pins over for the night (I was only 34POA), she was picking up a lot more spares than usual. I don't know if that purple stuff had anything to do with it but......

I'm putting together a video review I'll try and have it up soon.

Blomer
12-29-2015, 11:54 PM
I also got a bottle of That Purple Stuff and used it tonight. I also cleaned my ball with it after every shot just with a microfiber towel. The pad would be handy. In video it showed reel small lines on it. I think a car was pad may work. Please let me know if you found something else.

I applied a small amount to the tel and had to do it again in the the third. Again small amount, barely a dent in the bottle. In this league I was averaging 176. Tonight shot a 605 or 201 average. I could the bl gripping thanes and hitting hard. Hey and only 1 words pin! Lol. Doubt it was due to the cleaner, but others on my team shot at multiple even one guy shooting at 8. I used a black towel so didn't notice he dirty it got.

I did use it yesterday, but only cleaned it once initially before I bowled. Didn't do to well. But when done like its suppose to, worked great!

Tony
12-30-2015, 12:13 AM
That looks like quite a lot of grime on the towel for one night of play, but that's a totally unscientific observation on my part, as there is no comparison with just wiping the ball off or using another approved product. This seems to merit some further investigation into the abilities of this cleaner...

bowl1820
12-30-2015, 12:49 AM
That looks like quite a lot of grime on the towel for one night of play, but that's a totally unscientific observation on my part,
I've actually seen a lot more grime than that, it depends on how clean the belts, curtains etc. are in the house.

as there is no comparison with just wiping the ball off
This is a comparison with the towel I normally use. I normally wipe before every shot with it dry(no cleaners) and this hasn't been washed in several weeks! I then clean my ball at the end of the night with a cleaner before bagging the ball.

That dry towel don't take off squat except some surface oil.

http://s5.postimg.org/x87dymvt3/towelcompare.jpg

or using another approved product.

That's next week, I want similar oil conditions.

JasonNJ
12-30-2015, 01:21 AM
That's next week, I want similar oil conditions.

This is pretty interesting, but who really cleans their ball after every frame or shot? What I would be interested in seeing. if you could, next week bring an identical towel and another cleaner and have a teammate clean their ball as much as you do with "The Purple Stuff" and see the comparison.

My personal opinion, The Purple Stuff may be a better cleaner overall but if cleaning your ball after every shot, I think any cleaner will be just as effective since the oil and grime don't really have a time to soak and settle in.

bowl1820
12-30-2015, 01:48 AM
This is pretty interesting, but who really cleans their ball after every frame or shot?

Well that's the point Ron Hickland is advocating, that bowlers should be cleaning every frame to promote consistent ball reaction. Now A lot of bowlers wipe their ball before shots, That's what I typically do. This is the first time I've ever "cleaned" before every frame though.

Now here this pic is from Ron blog of his microfiber pad after 3 games:
http://ronaldhickland.com/what-in-the-world-is-that-purple-stuff/

"This picture shows a new towel on the left and a towel used after 3 games on the right. When you combine the microfiber with That Purple Stuff, you get a true deep cleaning."
http://ronaldhickland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Towels-1024x610.jpg

Now my towel looked pretty dirty, that one is lot more though.

What I would be interested in seeing. if you could, next week bring an identical towel and another cleaner and have a teammate clean their ball as much as you do with "The Purple Stuff" and see the comparison.

The others on my team are not quite as hardcore about this stuff as I am, they wouldn't really be up for it.

My personal opinion, The Purple Stuff may be a better cleaner overall but if cleaning your ball after every shot, I think any cleaner will be just as effective since the oil and grime don't really have a time to soak and settle in.

That's reasonable, even Ron said if you don't use his stuff. Use a cleaner and it will help give you a more consistent reaction.

Blomer
12-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Also with his pad you don't go to the bottle each time. The pad absorbs the moisture and just rub it against the pad. Doesn't use much.

vdubtx
12-30-2015, 11:06 AM
So, did the Purple Stuff kick out all of your 10 pins too? :p

Does look like a good cleaner for sure.

Hot_pocket
12-30-2015, 11:10 AM
the videos he made promoting the product, seems like its more so just to carry if your leaving flat 7 or 10 pins. I do find it interesting though i wanted to try it but at that price.....ill wait

the videos he made promoting the product, seems like its more so just to carry if your leaving flat 7 or 10 pins. I do find it interesting though, I wanted to try it but at that price.....i'll wait

Blomer
12-30-2015, 05:44 PM

Does look like a good cleaner for sure.

Actually the other night I only had one 10 pin for all three games. Who knows if it's he cleaner or not. And the price is just as much as other cleaners. Smaller amount but use less of it.

bowl1820
12-30-2015, 06:23 PM

It did when I got a strike at least:cool::cool:

3rd frame of the first game I wrapped a 10 pin though! I had a few other through the night too. Plus a 7-10 split.

RobLV1
12-31-2015, 05:35 AM
At the risk of questioning any companies truth in advertising policies, does anyone really believe that any ball cleaner will really eliminate corner pin leaves? I say this for one simple reason: the majority of ten pin leaves for right handed league bowlers are weak tens, usually caused by the ball encountering too much friction too early on the lane and, as a result, losing energy before entering the pins. Cleaning the ball after every shot can only increase this friction.

That Purple Stuff is a really good ball cleaner. It will most likely increase the lifespan of most bowling balls whether used after every shot or after every session. With that being said, it is just that, a ball cleaner. It is not magic, and will not allow bowlers to carry ten pins when they insist on playing too far outside in the dry part of the lane.

scottymoney
12-31-2015, 09:46 AM
So for those who have tried it. Did you use just the bottle of cleaner or the one with the foam dispenser?

bowl1820
12-31-2015, 12:20 PM
At the risk of questioning any companies truth in advertising policies, does anyone really believe that any ball cleaner will really eliminate corner pin leaves?

No, not for one minute. Because there are other reasons for leaving a 10 pins.

Reading the marketing materials for TPS, they don't come right out and say you will eliminate every 10 pin leave. Like most marketing materials they just implied something and leave it up to everyone else to infer what they will.

I say this for one simple reason: the majority of ten pin leaves for right handed league bowlers are weak tens, usually caused by the ball encountering too much friction too early on the lane and, as a result, losing energy before entering the pins. Cleaning the ball after every shot can only increase this friction.

Hmm. IMO (if I can word this right) if you start off cleaning your ball every frame, you wouldn't be increasing friction. You would just be maintaining the maximum friction of the ball that you had at the start.

I think the idea that a clean ball will react more consistently that Ron put forth is valid . Because as a "dirty" ball builds up oil & grime on the cover the reaction will change and not necessarily consistently.

That Purple Stuff is a really good ball cleaner. It will most likely increase the lifespan of most bowling balls whether used after every shot or after every session.

True! Ball cleaning and maintenance is very important, especially with the modern coverstocks. I believe a lot of bowler's don't fully realize that and then wonder why their ball stops reacting the way it did when it was new.

That's why I try to stay on top of it with my cleaning regimen,

Wipe the ball with a microfiber towel before each shot.
Use a spray cleaner after every session at the lanes.
Then at home use the spinner to touch up surfaces (Abralon, Polish etc.).
Clean the ball with "Clean'N Dull" (One of the few cleaners that will draw oil out of the coverstock).

When I try de-oiling my balls nothing or only trace of oil comes out. (I've done some friends balls and they sweat a puddle.)

With that being said, it is just that, a ball cleaner. It is not magic, and will not allow bowlers to carry ten pins when they insist on playing too far outside in the dry part of the lane.

True!

bowl1820
12-31-2015, 12:39 PM
So for those who have tried it. Did you use just the bottle of cleaner or the one with the foam dispenser?

I used the squeeze bottle.

I think the foam bottle would let you control how much you use better. As far as I know it's the same stuff in both bottles, it's just the nozzle that makes the foam. (You can buy empty foaming bottles)

FYI:

Ron Hickland has a interesting article on towels

"Not all towels are created equal"
http://ronaldhickland.com/not-all-towels-are-created-equal/

scottymoney
12-31-2015, 12:54 PM
FYI:

Ron Hickland has a interesting article on towels

"Not all towels are created equal"
http://ronaldhickland.com/not-all-towels-are-created-equal/

I have a hard time with his Towel blog.
A. His "graph" is not the correct dimensions of a bowling lane and thus is made up. He just put lines on there with no actual regard for what it really looks like. If you think I am full of it. Draw an actual lane to scale, 1ft being 1". Actual ball shape looks nothing like that.

B. The leather pads do a great job at removing dirt and marks. I prefer the pad over any towels as it is seems to remove much more along with the oil. Cleaning a ball after a series shows me quite the opposite as far as dirt.

C. He uses the microfiber towel drawback that I don't think anyone finds to be a drawback to try and sell his own towel.

I don't think he has really educated anyone...... but he tries to sell his products with "education"

bowl1820
12-31-2015, 05:27 PM
I have a hard time with his Towel blog.
A. His "graph" is not the correct dimensions of a bowling lane and thus is made up. He just put lines on there with no actual regard for what it really looks like. If you think I am full of it. Draw an actual lane to scale, 1ft being 1". Actual ball shape looks nothing like that.

Pretty much all lane diagrams on websites and in books are not too scale . It doesn't necessarily invalidate the information be represented.

Most lane diagrams are represented wide and/or for shortened (Which is the case of that diagram, if you look the pins they have been compressed into ovals do to the length being compressed. (The org. image most likely was more to scale, but has been resized and makes it look distorted.)

Here's that diagram after I've adjusted the width of the lane to be more realistic to the length.
http://s5.postimg.org/impk1vds7/ronsgraph01.jpg

Here's another example:

This is a to scale lane diagram (This is one of the best I've seen)
http://xp9.com/lane_small.png

and here is that image compressed like the one on the towel blog

http://s5.postimg.org/gtmndjslj/compressed_lane.jpg

That true scale image would kind of impractical for display on a webpage, because it would be either large and you'd have to scroll to see the whole image or so small it would make seeing details difficult (like two balls tracks that were close to each other.)

B. The leather pads do a great job at removing dirt and marks. I prefer the pad over any towels as it is seems to remove much more along with the oil. Cleaning a ball after a series shows me quite the opposite as far as dirt.

According to the article he seems to say the leather pad does do a good job, just that the material could load up which make it not clean as well. But that would be true of any towel, if it gets too dirty it won't clean as well.

How often do you clean your leather pad?

C. He uses the microfiber towel drawback that I don't think anyone finds to be a drawback to try and sell his own towel.

I don't think he has really educated anyone...... but he tries to sell his products with "education"

Well that's marketing for you, every company does that. They take some little thing and say ours doesn't do that.

Even the leather pad companies do it.

Take the leather Genesis Pure Pad marketing "It’s been specifically sized to fit in the palm of your hand, so right away you’ll notice the texture and feel the difference in weight."

Personally I never had a problem with towel size (Unless it was too small), texture or weight.

scottymoney
12-31-2015, 07:33 PM
I clean my leather pad every couple months. It is black so it is tough to see the difference in color like if it white or some other color. As far as cleaning after a series I don't see that much of a difference cleaning it after using the leather pad or microfiber towel.

The diagram at scale is a much better example than not to scale. I hate looking at any lane diagram that is not to scale as there is a huge difference in what they show to what it really looks like.

Blomer
12-31-2015, 08:16 PM
I also used it from the squeeze bottle. I don't believe Ron doesn't promote both the leather pad and microfiber towel. After all he sells the combination of both. I hav he leather pad as well. Think it does a great job getting the oil off and belt marks, etc. but I also use a towel. I'm not stuck on either. His pad has both as the microfiber side can absorb the cleaner and then u don't have to use as much cleaner. As I don't have his pad, I did go to a hardware sure and they sell microfiber applicator pad for waxing cars. It has a pad in the middle to absorb the cleaner so should work. Hopefully.

bowl1820
01-06-2016, 01:22 AM
Okay the next cleaner test this time it was bowlingball.com's Monster Tac

Used the same steps as done with TPS.
(Note: I used a different camera for the monster tac pic, lighting is different too)

The Monster Tac test
http://s5.postimg.org/k532usk93/monstertac_after3gamescomparison.jpg

That Purple Stuff test
http://s5.postimg.org/4g0mf5o5j/after3games_TPS.jpg
(also note: since these were different lanes levels of grime could be different which could affect what there was to take off)

Well this is a close call and gets down into some nitpicky details. Comparing the other pics I have and what I seen first hand.

1-Both cleaners removed surface oil, I think TPS might have broke it down slightly faster it's a close call.

2-Both cleaners left the ball tacky, but I felt TPS left it just a little bit tackier.

3-At the end of the first game the TPS towel was slightly dirtier than the M.Tac towel.
At the end of the second game the TPS towel was still slightly dirtier than the M.Tac towel.
But by the end of the of evening, Both cleaners appeared to have taken off about the same amounts of grime.

4-Neither cleaner removed the oil lines in the cover. Though at close examination of the oil lines left by Monster Tac, They were a bit shinier than the ones left by TPS. Which to me means that TPS did penetrate the pores a little bit more. (Which was one of Ron's claims, that it cleaned the pores some.

5-Monster Tac I felt dried up fast on the micro fiber towel, I had to keep spraying some more on. TPS kind of stayed damper longer slightly. Ron's micro fiber pad with the sponge material in it might make a difference here.

So which is better? Hmmm, Tough call. I think "That Purple Stuff " is a little bit better, it left the ball slightly tackier than Monster tack.

Is it enough to justify price?
If both were equally priced, I'd get "That Purple Stuff ". Because IMO it has a "slight" edge.

If Monster Tac is cheaper at the time you want to get some cleaner (It depends on when and how much you buy), If You want to save money Monster Tac would be okay. I wouldn't feel bad about using it, it's better than a lot of cleaners I tried before.

If I can get one of Ron's pads (Which I think are a bit over priced) or the towels like Laneside used to try TPS with, I might change my opinion.

Extra: here's a pic of where I cleaned another bowlers ball with That Purple Stuff at the start of the night! He hadn't cleaned his ball.

He was surprised how dirty it was.

http://s5.postimg.org/t1duyqavb/tbirdsuncleanedballcleanedwith_TPScopy.jpg

Amyers
01-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the informative post. I've been using Valantino's Remedy RX for my cleaning here lately and I'm pretty happy with it but maybe I'll bite the bullet at try some TPS. That price is off putting though.

bowl1820
01-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the informative post. I've been using Valantino's Remedy RX for my cleaning here lately and I'm pretty happy with it but maybe I'll bite the bullet at try some TPS. That price is off putting though.

Not having tried Remedy RX I can't say how they compare. I know a lot bowlers swear by Remedy RX, I think if you tried TPS. I'd get the foaming bottle, I think you could control how much you use better than the squeeze bottle..

When I run out, I think I'll get one more bottle (The foaming one) probably the combo with the pad. I would like to try the pad.

epiepenburg
01-16-2016, 09:17 PM
Not having tried Remedy RX I can't say how they compare. I know a lot bowlers swear by Remedy RX, I think if you tried TPS. I'd get the foaming bottle, I think you could control how much you use better than the squeeze bottle..

When I run out, I think I'll get one more bottle (The foaming one) probably the combo with the pad. I would like to try the pad.

I recently bought the combo with the foamer and pad. It's nice, the cleaner seems nicer than the DV8 ball cleaner I had used.

Blomer
01-21-2016, 07:23 PM
I recently bought the combo with the foamer and pad. It's nice, the cleaner seems nicer than the DV8 ball cleaner I had used.

What are your thoughts about TPS?

epiepenburg
01-21-2016, 07:59 PM
What are your thoughts about TPS?

In comparing it to the DV8 ball cleaner, TPS does a better job in cleaning the cover stock. If I have a ball with say 15 games on it and I rub my thumb on the cover stock it's slick and has some lane shine to it. After TPS some of the dullness returns and the same rub test with my thumb will result in it squeaking as I rub the ball.

I will say I don't see the need to use it during play, after every shot like they claim. I occasionally use it after a series, but more than likely at the beginning of the week. I bowl 2-3 nights a week and usually the balls stay decent throughout the week.

bowl1820
01-21-2016, 11:15 PM
About the cleaning between frames, I've been trying this now for a few weeks and from what I've seen so far.

The basic premise that making a shot with a clean ball every time gives you a more consistent ball reaction through the night is sound enough. The reaction I've seen with my ball has been more consistent through the night.

But from what I've seen in my cleaner tests, Any good ball cleaner (that's approved for use during competition) will work. It doesn't necessarily need to be TPS to get the same results.

Since your cleaning the ball every frame it's not picking up much grime in betweeen cleanings. (the amount would depend on just how oily/dirty the houses lanes are.) So you really wouldn't need a very powerful cleaner, for doing a frame by frame cleaning.

My thought is if someone wants to clean between frames, a good regimen would be to. Use a low cost cleaner for the frame to frame cleanings.

Then use "That Purple Stuff" (or similar strong cleaner) to thoroughly clean the ball at the end of the series.

JasonNJ
01-22-2016, 08:58 AM
About the cleaning between frames, I've been trying this now for a few weeks and from what I've seen so far.

The basic premise that making a shot with a clean ball every time gives you a more consistent ball reaction through the night is sound enough. The reaction I've seen with my ball has been more consistent through the night.

But from what I've seen in my cleaner tests, Any good ball cleaner (that's approved for use during competition) will work. It doesn't necessarily need to be TPS to get the same results.

Since your cleaning the ball every frame it's not picking up much grime in betweeen cleanings. (the amount would depend on just how oily/dirty the houses lanes are.) So you really wouldn't need a very powerful cleaner, for doing a frame by frame cleaning.

My thought is if someone wants to clean between frames, a good regimen would be to. Use a low cost cleaner for the frame to frame cleanings.

Then use "That Purple Stuff" (or similar strong cleaner) to thoroughly clean the ball at the end of the series.

Thanks for doing all this Bowl1820. It's really interesting to hear and you did confirm to me that any regular cleaner would probably be just as good if cleaning after every shot. But I was wondering have you ever used one of those leather shammy pads? I have one and they work really well in getting the oil off the ball and I was hoping you would have a comparison with that.

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/accessories/bowlingball.com/12408/leather-shammy-pad-blue-new-item.html

bowl1820
01-22-2016, 09:44 AM
Thanks for doing all this Bowl1820. It's really interesting to hear and you did confirm to me that any regular cleaner would probably be just as good if cleaning after every shot. But I was wondering have you ever used one of those leather shammy pads? I have one and they work really well in getting the oil off the ball and I was hoping you would have a comparison with that.

No I haven't, I don't have one of the leather pads to try.

Blomer
01-22-2016, 07:46 PM
I'm at the end of my first bottle of TPS. I used less and less trying to preserve it. I did see the difference when I used it every frame. But when I practiced and didn't use it I did fine. I bowled 4 games the other day and used it to clean off and wow, it was filthy. The turn off to me is the smell. It's strong. Other bowlers would cough when they went by it. I never used their pad, and the amount they showed to use, didn't last 3 games. I think it's great stuff to clean after a series or even after each game or so.

bowl1820
01-22-2016, 10:00 PM
The turn off to me is the smell. It's strong. Other bowlers would cough when they went by it.
The smell is not overtly that strong to me, it does linger especially if you keep your towel wet near you. Now I've used it during league and far as I can tell no one even noticed it. I asked the bowlers on my team what they thought of the smell, "MEH" they didn't think it was that bad.

I never used their pad, and the amount they showed to use, didn't last 3 games.
I agree with this, if you use it on a regular towel it spreads out through the towel and evaporate quicker. If you put that little squirt towel that he shows in the video it won't last 3 games, maybe 3 frames depending.

I think that is where that pad comes in, it has a rubber backing and sponge in it. Which should help keep it concentrated better, also in one video it looks like they load the pad up more with it.

That's why I think the foaming bottle would allow you control the usage better.

I think it's great stuff to clean after a series or even after each game or so.

I go along with that, especially if your lanes are pretty clean.

epiepenburg
01-22-2016, 10:59 PM

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/accessories/bowlingball.com/12408/leather-shammy-pad-blue-new-item.html

My thoughts on TPS were above, also note I use a Brunswick leather Shammy before throwing. Those are amasing, they do much better at cleaning oil off before shots.

JasonNJ
01-23-2016, 12:40 AM
My thoughts on TPS were above, also note I use a Brunswick leather Shammy before throwing. Those are amasing, they do much better at cleaning oil off before shots.

Yeah I have a Storm shammy and I'm surprised at how well they work. I have no idea how to clean it though.

Anyway as good as the leather shammy does removing oil how does it compare to cleaning the ball with TPS every shot?

bowl1820
01-23-2016, 08:20 AM
Yeah I have a Storm shammy and I'm surprised at how well they work. I have no idea how to clean it though.

Shammy Pad Cleaning Instructions

The Storm Shammy Pad needs cleaning after some use
The proper procedure will make the pad last longer
Remember the Shammy Pad is made of leather

1. Wet the pad with warm water.
2. Use a soft bristle brush and gently rub the pad using a
mild dish soap to exfoliate the surface of the pad.
3. Rinse the pad with warm water to remove the soap.
4. Ring the pad out and let it air dry before putting it
back in your bag.

JasonNJ
01-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Shammy Pad Cleaning Instructions

The Storm Shammy Pad needs cleaning after some use
The proper procedure will make the pad last longer
Remember the Shammy Pad is made of leather

1. Wet the pad with warm water.
2. Use a soft bristle brush and gently rub the pad using a
mild dish soap to exfoliate the surface of the pad.
3. Rinse the pad with warm water to remove the soap.
4. Ring the pad out and let it air dry before putting it
back in your bag.

Awesome thanks.

epiepenburg
01-23-2016, 12:01 PM

Anyway as good as the leather shammy does removing oil how does it compare to cleaning the ball with TPS every shot?

I think the Shammy pads do a good job between shots. I don't feel the need for TPS between shots. I should clarify that I believe the Shammy pads work better than a normal bowling towel. I personally hate the DV8 microfiber towels they include with their balls, they only seem to spread the oil around on the surface.

I do recommend using TPS at least once a week depending on how much you bowl and how many games. I determine if I need to clean the balls more based on how their cover stocks feel and look, or if the ball isn't reacting like it should.

NewToBowling
02-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Just ordered some of The Purple Stuff. Combo pack for $22. Misread it as (2) 40 ounce bottles. In actuality it is 4 ounce bottle :(

Oh well, will try it out as a general cleaner, not an "after every roll" cleaner.

Blomer
02-07-2016, 01:18 PM
A friend and I liked what TPS did for us. Really kept the ball clean. Only down side as I said before was the smell. So we decided to buy a gallon of it on Ebay. Was listed for $120, but had an option to give a bid. Didn't think it would be accepted i did $105.00 and was accepted. Doing the math of a gallon = 128 ounces and with each bottle being 4 ounces, this gives us 32 4 ounce bottles with a price of $3.28 a bottle compared to $12.99. I will mainly use it after each bowling session. Perhaps after each game. But in any case I figure I will be set with cleaner for a long time.

NewToBowling
02-09-2016, 04:26 PM
I received my order of TPS. Yes, it does clean well and brings back the tackiness. But like others have said the smell is overwhelming. Not sure if I want to keep the rag I use to clean in my ball bag as it is very strong

SAbowler
02-10-2016, 02:30 PM
A friend and I liked what TPS did for us. Really kept the ball clean. Only down side as I said before was the smell. So we decided to buy a gallon of it on Ebay. Was listed for $120, but had an option to give a bid. Didn't think it would be accepted i did $105.00 and was accepted. Doing the math of a gallon = 128 ounces and with each bottle being 4 ounces, this gives us 32 4 ounce bottles with a price of $3.28 a bottle compared to $12.99. I will mainly use it after each bowling session. Perhaps after each game. But in any case I figure I will be set with cleaner for a long time.

that's a pretty good deal! I might do this myself or maybe get a friend to go in half with me.

Blomer
02-21-2016, 09:27 AM
So I went to my alley and one of the guys behind the counter heard of TPS but never used it so I broug some in for him. Another guy there who is a very good bowler was there as well. I mentioned how the creator said to use it after every shot and the non worker said you are not allowed to do that. This went on for about 10 minutes calming stating our points how you can use it or you can't. I showed him the bottle and how it says for anytime use and then pulled out a bottle of Storm's reacts scuff which says for before or after use only. My argue ent was why would there be to labels hat says two different things. He wouldn't have any of it. So I called the USBC and they said you can use it anytime in USBC play. The look on the guys face was great, shocked. lol, it was great.

Blomer
03-14-2016, 10:32 PM
Is anyone still using TPS? I use it after every session and at times after every game, but not after every frame.

rkj4243
03-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Use it after every session only, houses where I bowl current leagues do not put out anything more than a light, medium length pattern, even though we see the machine run prior to league start.

ep1977
09-02-2016, 11:04 PM
The biggest problem with tps is you can't buy it anywhere. eBay sucks and that's the only place I see that sells it.

1VegasBowler
09-03-2016, 12:07 AM
The biggest problem with tps is you can't buy it anywhere. eBay sucks and that's the only place I see that sells it.

I get it at the Bowlers Mart at South Point.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-03-2016, 12:40 AM

You can get it straight from Creating The Differance