PDA

View Full Version : Are your league sheets on line

fordman1
01-14-2016, 04:50 PM
I find it strange that in the 21st century the electronic age that leagues still don't have their leagues posted on line. Everyone is using some kind of bowling program that would do it. BLS is one of the best. You can send your sheets directly to leaguesecretary.com with one click. They can be sent to bowl.com also. Our center has a list of leagues on their website that are linked directly to leaguesecretary.com.

bowl1820
01-14-2016, 05:13 PM
The house here does, theres 21 leagues listed.

AlexNC
01-14-2016, 05:52 PM
The house I bowl at maintains scores online. They do a good job at keeping them up to date as well.

vdubtx
01-15-2016, 10:31 AM
My Tuesday league updates each week on Leaguesecretary.com about an hour after we bowl. They are a privately held center and are geared towards league bowlers and have leagues every day of the week.

On Thursday nights, we are lucky to get an updated standings sheet posted to LS once every 3-4 weeks. This house is more geared towards entertainment, Just a few leagues in this house. Leagues are only Sunday-Thursday.

With the new League Secretary app that just came out, it is nice as it will send you a notification with what lane you will be on that night.

Ishkabibble
01-15-2016, 11:02 AM
No such luck. Were lucky we have automatic scoring.

foreverincamo
01-15-2016, 02:46 PM
I get an email stating my league has updated the standings on league secretary, but all it shows is last year's stuff.

fordman1
01-15-2016, 03:31 PM
Looks like your sec. is doing something wrong. Ask them to check it out. If it is set up correctly one click and 10 seconds later it is there and everyone who requests one will get an email within 5 minutes. No excuse for not having them available to the league.

J Anderson
01-15-2016, 06:22 PM
At my local center, leagues that have the house act as the secretary are posted on the center's website. The standings are updated every week but you never know when it will happen. If you went by the website you would think the place is about to close since there are never any upcoming events or tournaments posted.
Four leagues post at leaguesecretary.com, and three of the four also post bowl.com
By my calculations that leaves about 6 leagues that do not have any online standings.

Tony
01-15-2016, 10:48 PM
Both of the leagues I am in and all the leagues that are run out of that center are posted on-line, they have "forgot" to update the sheets a time or two but people complained to the owner and he got it taken care of.
The online records contain quite a bit more information than they can fit on the recap sheet since the online record is 4 pages long compared to 2 for the recap sheet.
I also find it handy to be able to look and see what lanes I am scheduled to bowl on in the next match.

jab5325
01-18-2016, 08:23 AM
We are lucky to even get our sheets posted on the corkboards let alone online.

TonyInPortland
01-18-2016, 11:28 AM
My two leagues, in the same center, are both posted on the center's websites. The Wed. league is usually up by Friday, although this week it is still not up as of Monday. The Thurs. league is almost never up until Wed.

SAbowler
01-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Yes, all of the leagues that I bowl are on League Secretary. It's a great service!

Personally, I wish they could figure out a way to automate the re-cap sheets so that no one has to worry about writing the scores down. It's all on the computer, so it would seem like there would be an easy way to just print the score sheets out at the end of the set and just hand those over to the secretary.