PDA

View Full Version : AMF Centers

ep1977
01-16-2016, 12:04 PM
All of the AMF centers around me keep half of the house in the dark for cosmic bowling at all times on Saturday and Sunday. It doesn't matter if all of the lanes are filled on the lit half and there is nobody bowling on the dark half they will not turn the lights on. I like to practice a few games on the weekends but every time I go to these centers they are packed on the lite side and empty on the dark side. The AMF centers around here have also started charging only per game so you cannot pay for time anymore.

Are the AMF centers near you run the same way?

NewToBowling
01-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Brunswick by me does that. But they are an XL center so catered toward families and kids. Cosmic pretty much all weekend.

The AMF's here are still more geared towards league bowlers and from judging by the number of cars I see as I drive by Friday and Saturday nights they haven't captured much of the cosmic crowd

JasonNJ
01-16-2016, 05:25 PM
My local Brunswick Zone does the same now. Corporate made them get rid of most of the really good deals and it's Cosmic all weekend except when league plays.

ep1977
01-16-2016, 06:45 PM
My local Brunswick Zone does the same now. Corporate made them get rid of most of the really good deals and it's Cosmic all weekend except when league plays.

The AMF's around me have zero deals now. They used to have a few and had fair prices to bowl for 2 hours but now it's straight pay per game at over $6 per game. League players games are $2.50

AlexNC
01-16-2016, 07:04 PM
$6 is nuts. My center doesn't even charge that on the weekends.

They also only have cosmic bowling on Friday/Saturday nights - and during the summer they usually add an additional night of it. A few of the other centers around here don't have it at all - which is nice when you want to practice on a weekend night.

ep1977
01-16-2016, 07:27 PM
$6 is nuts. My center doesn't even charge that on the weekends.

They also only have cosmic bowling on Friday/Saturday nights - and during the summer they usually add an additional night of it. A few of the other centers around here don't have it at all - which is nice when you want to practice on a weekend night.

The prices per game are even higher than $6 on Fridays and Saturdays after 6 pm. The cosmic is is all day and night on saturday and sunday.

Jaescrub
01-17-2016, 05:12 PM
My and is the same way it's shaped like I T inside with some lanes running the short side of the T that's have lights on and then the long side is all glow bowl. It makes it hard when it's packed to get any good practice in.

jab5325
01-18-2016, 08:17 AM
I can't imagine paying $6/game--that's absurd.

Both places around me (independents) are $3.50 per game, even on weekends. Cosmic bowling happens on Fridays/Saturdays after 9-10pm.

Jessiewoodard57
01-22-2016, 03:11 PM
Price per game is the one of biggest reason I stay in leagues. My league discount is $1.95 per game. Our house is an AMF to and like the others no deals. almost considering dropping league. Spoke to the man running the lane conditioner to find out pattern length and found out he was told to run program "B" which only refreshes the heads leaving the rest of the lanes untouched. wow what an uproar that caused during league. one of our best bowlers on the league normally averages a 700 series well that day his series was a 541! No consistency from ball to ball. He was even madder when I shared the "B" program with him.

ep1977
01-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Price per game is the one of biggest reason I stay in leagues. My league discount is $1.95 per game. Our house is an AMF to and like the others no deals. almost considering dropping league. Spoke to the man running the lane conditioner to find out pattern length and found out he was told to run program "B" which only refreshes the heads leaving the rest of the lanes untouched. wow what an uproar that caused during league. one of our best bowlers on the league normally averages a 700 series well that day his series was a 541! No consistency from ball to ball. He was even madder when I shared the "B" program with him.

In the centers around here if you ask about the pattern you will be shot down and never get an answer. They treat it as if it's the launch codes for the countries nuclear weapons.

foreverincamo
01-23-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't know what oil costs, but where I bowl league, they oil fresh for us, but don't touch it again until Saturday. Then maybe a few other times during the week. The owner back in the 80's used mineral oil instead of whatever was normal, and for two reasons: mineral oil won't catch fire like lane oil, and kids could get the oil in their mouths and not get sick.
Don't know how mineral oil would hold up on today's balls.