PDA

View Full Version : Wierd day at practice today........bad luck

foreverincamo
01-18-2016, 09:03 PM
I had today off of work, and one of the places I practice runs a special during the week of any 3 hour stretch for $7, and all lanes are oiled fresh. So I grabbed one of my daughters for a dad/daughter day and hit the lanes. After 2 games my daughter decided she was bowling like crap so she decided to just play on her phone while I practiced, which was ok.
Then bad luck hits for the third time there. My ball doesn't come back. Takes a while for the mechanic to get there to free it up. Another @&$!! damaged ball. I should have taken a pic of it, but I turned it in to the front desk and wrote it up. Area about 4 inches long, 3/4" wide with the deepest being about 1/2" deep. The PSO there will evaluate it and either fix or replace it.
So I was afraid to use any other ball, so I packed up and tried to leave. Yes I said tried because when I picked up the strap of my brand new three-ball tote from Hammer, three of four ends of the strap handle ripped off the bag. I was lucky that the weight of three balls just missed landing on my foot. I contacted Hammer and they said to send them pics, which I did. They approved the total replacement of the bag, but they have given their bag business to KR Strikeforce and are in the process of shipping their entire inventory to KRS. So I have to wait for that to happen to get my bag, so I'll have to keep on that contact to get my bag.
Thus ended my rant.....

Amyers
01-18-2016, 11:07 PM
Sometimes it just seems like you can't get a break.

foreverincamo
01-18-2016, 11:27 PM
What's funny was I wasn't going to go there but my wife talked me into it. A different place I go has a similar deal but a few bucks more. Should have gone there.

Hot_pocket
01-19-2016, 12:53 AM
Seems like hammer products, other than their balls, suck. My dad had 2 hammer 2 ball tote bags and the zippers broke on both bags. So that might not have your luck just the bad production.

foreverincamo
01-19-2016, 09:42 AM
I was surprised about their 5-year warranty. I figured one year. I've only used the bag about 4 times though. Not a good sign.

Amyers
01-19-2016, 10:06 AM
I was surprised about their 5-year warranty. I figured one year. I've only used the bag about 4 times though. Not a good sign.

I haven't heard anything good about the Hammer Bags. Which is probably why the change to KR. My guess would be that the new bag you get will be better than the old one you had.

foreverincamo
01-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Well, maybe in the distant future, as for now KR is simply being shipped all of Hammer's bags they have to be distributed by KR. So perhaps later they will be better bags. I got these bags as a gift. Overall, they are nice bags, but the design of the strap I broke is flawed.
On a good note, they haven't asked for the other bag in return. It's usable without that strap.

jab5325
01-20-2016, 08:12 AM
I bought the KR Royal Flush 4-ball stackable roller.

Not real happy with it. Having a heck of a time keeping both parts of the bag secured to the frame.

Amyers
01-20-2016, 09:10 AM
I have mixed feelings on the KR stuff I have one of the less expensive ones and the handle and dongles that attach to the zippers are broken bag is still usable. I bought my wife one of the better ones and it still looks like the day I bought it. KR makes most of the ball manufacturer bags especially now that they've added Hammer (which the previous ones had issues) there are really less choices than you think.

foreverincamo
01-20-2016, 06:33 PM
If your bowling bag looks new, you aren't bowling enough!

Hot_pocket
01-25-2016, 02:23 AM
i got a KR 4 ball roller for christmas. The material seems thin compared to ones I've had in the past. Plus what sucks is the bag handle only collapses half way down.

foreverincamo
01-26-2016, 09:47 PM
I'm still waiting on my bag, but it should be here this week. I got my ball back from the pro shop. They were able to plug the area that was damaged and make it look good enough for me. The area was just outside the track of the ball. It's my " wow! These lanes are fried " ball so it sees little use. I was kinda hoping they would just buy me another ball but I just got the thumb re-slugged and it fits right so I'm happy with the result.