PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone watched Fireproof?

The KingPin
02-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Hello to all,

I am stepping out of my comfort zone to ask, as some may go towards religious intentions which this site is not about to start discussing religion, heavy politics.

Yet...

Has anyone seen the movie Fireproof? I must say simply amazing. I actually went and bought the Love Dare book.

Just looking to hear anyone comments who have seen the movie?

Iceman
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I haven't watched it but my wife did this past weekend while I was bowling Friday night. I came home to "would you be interested in trying the "40 days" item that was portrayed in the movie. I still have the movie, isn't due back until Wednesday, so I will have to sit through it Tuesday evening.

I am very interested in the Left Behind movies, as I did read the books. The first movie "Left Behind" was well done in my opinion for the cost, the second movie Tribes and Tribulation was in my opinion a step backwards. I was expecting more of the Anti-christ scenario to be played out more. The UN piece of it seemed like it is today. I know movies are movies, but when they are describing what if, how could they add even a short subject on the matter of knowing the name of the anti-christ. Christians do look as faith and even the history channel goes above and beyond the whole theory of trying to prove the bible (either version) as wrong. If the 12/21/2012 is the date as suggested multiple times, I sure hope rapture is the cards - it will be the only way I would want to my family and friends to experience death.

I don't mean to point out my beliefs here, which are different based on "watching news, experiencing life itself, or the deep feeling we have. I just consider the source and avoid objective material that focuses on both sides. 1 person truly can't have 2 views to each concept, it goes against the entire debate theory.

The KingPin
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I actually went and bought 2 of the love dare books. One for my wife and I. I must say I am a guy, but I had some tears. It was a powerful movie.

I know evolution and different theories can be debated, yet this thread is not dedicated to religion, more of reviews of the movie.

I feel I have a great marriage, yet I can always learn more. Also I feel that I will get some help to be a better person in general.

I hope after you watch it you will let me know what you thought of it
Chris