PDA

View Full Version : Made up Bowling Name Descriptors

Blomer
02-17-2016, 10:06 PM
So bowlers get grouped by the way they bowl such as crankers and tweener, etc. Do you have your own names of types of bowlers?

I see..
-Ballerinas: after they release the ball they keep their hand over their head and lean as if a ballerina is going to spin.

-Twisters: power bowler who twists their back way back to get a lot of power. A guy on my team does this and now has major back pain.

-Bouncers: Those who bounce the ball every time. You would swear they dropped it, just by the sound, but they bounce it every damn time.

-Slow Pokes: Those who once they have their ball in hand and feet set, take nearly 20-25 seconds to throw their ball.

Timmyb
02-17-2016, 10:25 PM
So bowlers get grouped by the way they bowl such as crankers and tweener, etc. Do you have your own names of types of bowlers?

I see..
-Ballerinas: after they release the ball they keep their hand over their head and lean as if a ballerina is going to spin.

-Twisters: power bowler who twists their back way back to get a lot of power. A guy on my team does this and now has major back pain.

-Bouncers: Those who bounce the ball every time. You would swear they dropped it, just by the sound, but they bounce it every damn time.

-Slow Pokes: Those who once they have their ball in hand and feet set, take nearly 20-25 seconds to throw their ball.

I'm still a little cloudy on what constitutes a tweener, but I've been called one. We have a number of ballerinas in our league, and one or two twisters, neither of which I'd call power bowlers. Slow pokes should be taken out back and beaten about the head and neck. My personal favorite is the "air ball". That's the guy who clears the arrows every time. You used to get thrown out of an alley for doing that.

RobLV1
02-18-2016, 09:23 AM
I'm still a little cloudy on what constitutes a tweener, but I've been called one. We have a number of ballerinas in our league, and one or two twisters, neither of which I'd call power bowlers. Slow pokes should be taken out back and beaten about the head and neck. My personal favorite is the "air ball". That's the guy who clears the arrows every time. You used to get thrown out of an alley for doing that.

The difference between Strokers, Tweeners, and Crankers is nothing more than rev rate; it has nothing to do with the amount of hook. Strokers have rev rates below 250 rpm, Tweeners rev rates are between 250 and 400 rpm, and Crankers have rev rates over 400 rpm.

BrianG
02-18-2016, 09:43 AM
I have a guy in my tuesday league that with a pretty high backswing that bounces/drops the ball every throw and it can get very distracting so I make sure to look to see if he is about to throw if he is close to me before I start my approach. Also see the ballerinas but they just make me laugh.

got_a_300
02-18-2016, 12:42 PM
The difference between Strokers, Tweeners, and Crankers is nothing more than rev rate; it has nothing to do with the amount of hook. Strokers have rev rates below 250 rpm, Tweeners rev rates are between 250 and 400 rpm, and Crankers have rev rates over 400 rpm.

RobLV1 is absolutely correct as I used to be considered a cranker or as some
used to call me a power cranker with 650+ rpm's. Now days I'm what you would
consider a tweener or maybe even a power tweener with around 400+ rpm's and
that's what old age does for you causes you to lose those rpm's.

Lefty651
02-21-2016, 12:03 PM
lol at slow pokes

rocketman1964
02-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Shotguns - Bowlers that stand straight up at the line and throw the ball. They never know where its going, could go right, left, or down the middle. We have two Shotguns in our Monday night league.

Tony
02-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Wanderers = the guy who is never ready or even around when it's his turn to bowl.

Primadonna = the guy that wants 2 or more lanes clear on either side of him before he will get up on the approach.

The slow pokes we just call pokies = guys that stand motionless on the approach before starting for a really long time seconds

larry mc
02-21-2016, 07:37 PM
back up ballers , turtles , spray n prayers

larry mc
02-21-2016, 07:37 PM
also house hacks