PDA

View Full Version : RED'S SCORES (sport shot)

Hot_pocket
02-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Even though its late in the season, I decided to start my own score thread. I bowl on a modified sport shot in my Sunday 4 man league. My scores go up and down like a roller coaster but sharing is caring so...here it goes. I'll try and update every week with my struggles and include my previous weeks of straight slumping.

2/21/16
So first off let me just say i got Brunswick vintage Danger Zone punched up and couldn't wait to throw it, this information is crucial as $h*t got real after game 1. :cool: I started up using my haywire game 1 but struggled to make consistent shots. I had 4 opens but figured out in the 8th frame what I needed to do but couldn't carry in the 10th. I missed the cut for the eliminator by 4 pins shooting 171+33 for 204, which really sucked because I went on to "show-up" in the 2nd & 3rd game. I proceed to make a ball change in the 2nd game to the danger zone and act like i knew what i was doing. (side note) THE BALL IS GREAT in the right hands. I proceeded to shoot 259 scratch, which was clutch because of the love doubles,( won 1st and 2nd + 2nd game handicap pot). The third game I continued on and went 242, I just couldn't carry in the first 3 frames. Ended up shooting a decent 672. I wanted to be so angry about the first game because I would have won the eliminator and shot my first 700 for the season, but i got over myself, because i came in second in the 3rd game scratch pot. My team however only took 2. We were bowling scratch and the other team was locked in all together while my dad struggled with mechanical issues.

Hot_pocket
03-01-2016, 12:46 PM
A decent day on the lanes Sunday. Thought I had a lone with my haywire but quickly realized I had the wrong ball in my hands and switched to the vintage zone for a string and hard grinded 209. The second game I had some mechanical issues and began missing my line, along with a lane break down on just 1 Lane, weird night. Only shot 154 because of splits and bad shots. I was able to grind out a 208 in the 3rd game playing 5 boards of difference on each Lane. 571 isn't bad considering I only avg 192.

Hot_pocket
03-13-2016, 03:13 AM
Just now getting to post from last Sunday. A frustrating but good night. My team is currently in 5th with 5 weeks left and 22 points our of first because we only took 5 instead of 7. First game we destroyed the team by 130 pins. I shot a crappy 197 but hey we won. The lanes were different however. They seemed to have had heavier oil from 10 out. The next game we also won with me shooting 204 because I couldn't carry on one lane and a few poor shots. The lane I couldn't carry on, i would literally have a messager shoot behind the 10pin every time. The 3rd game was a close one, that we lost. I blame myself more than anything because it came down to the 10th frame. I threw a weak first ball causing me to leave a 6 pin, that I missed right of causing us to lose the game. Even though my teammate also opened i feel as the anchor I should have got the job done. I ended up shooting 175 for a series of 576. The plus side was my father shot 242 the second game and he didn't want to get in the pots or love doubles but I put him in anyway and it paid off big because he shot 680 an won us a decent amount.

Hot_pocket
03-14-2016, 06:57 AM
There is nothing like having an easy shot that you can't hit. The shot changed drastically from last week. They went from a heavy oil volume one week to moving quite a bit during practice. The shot was right there but me nor my father was. We lost the first game by 2 pins thanks to my 4 opens and a few opens from the rest of the team. My timing was off and I was pulling the ball. Apart from our opens their lead off bowler literally threw a 6 bagger with 5 Jersey hits, which really helped them win, while we made ourselves lose. I shot a crappy 171. We lost the Second game but I started correcting my timing and was able to shoot 183, my teammates continued to struggle and the other team was carrying anything and everything.
Game 3 we woke up an realised we can't lose 7 with 5 weeks left being in 5th. We woke up and started bowling like we knew how. I shot 237 our women bowler shot 220 and the other 2 made spares. We were able to win 3 by taking the wood back in the last game. 5 weeks to go and all position rounds, so it's crunch time. I used the vintage danger zone all night and when it hit it carried each time.