PDA

View Full Version : 2015-2016 City Open Tournament

bowl1820
02-27-2016, 10:40 PM
2015-2016 City Open Tournament
Teams-1:00 Squad Lanes 29-30 (Changed to 25-26)

Today was the first day our City Tournament, I'm just bowling in the team event. No doubles and singles.

We were scheduled to bowl on lanes 29-30 but for some reason we and others were moved.

We wound up on lanes 25-26, they had been bowled on by a earlier squad. But they came out and re-oil though. They started on our lanes, they burned the pair first, then re-oiled them.

I don't know the exact pattern, All I heard was that it was supposed to be similar to the nationals pattern. I think that was being a little generous.

It was a 41' pattern, not a high volume and kind of flat, there wasn't a big puddle in the middle. No real out of bounds, but some when they went too far out. Their balls just made a lazy turn toward the pins and left some washouts etc.

My team didn't do bad, bowled about average (They were the 2nd place team last year). We beat the other team on our pair. I knew most of the guys on it, but one guy I didn't really know. He was just complaining and making comments about stuff all the time.

They played the national anthem and some people put their hands over their hearts. "You only do that for the pledge of alleganance, that's just the national anthem."

They only gave us 10 minutes of warm up, "It's taking too long, we're only going to get to throw two balls in 10 minutes."

Then there's this older man on my team, He lofts the ball like 25' down the lane bang. "OH GOD! I guess we're going have to listen to that all day."

Then when we start, I was lead off for my team theirs wasn't up yet. I was waiting to see if everyone was ready before I hit the start button I hear. "I guess if noboby is going to start I'll just have to start it." and he runs up to the console and hits the start button.

There was other stuff through the games that I could kind of make out. Stuff about our handicap. He started off good 247, then dropped off when we got hot the 2nd game and beat them scratch.

My first ball average was 9 pins.
36% Strikes
66% Spares
75% Single pin spares
40% Multi pin spares

http://s5.postimg.org/z984ortl3/201516_city_tournament.jpg

Timmyb
02-28-2016, 09:07 AM
Sounds like every city tourny I've ever been in!

mc_runner
02-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Glad you beat them, lol. I'm not sure why bowling seems to attract those types of people more than some other sports, but they're a pain to deal with.

Amyers
02-29-2016, 11:04 AM
Glad you beat them, lol. I'm not sure why bowling seems to attract those types of people more than some other sports, but they're a pain to deal with.

it's not just our sport. There is always one of these guys in any competition/

bowl1820
03-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Well we came in 3rd place, but didn't cash. They only payed down two places! We missed cashing by 110 pins.

Amyers
03-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Paying only the top 2 kind of stinks but congrats on a good finish.