PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a poor carry night? Or, how I bowled a 900 series, 9 pin no tap. LOL!

vdubtx
03-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Threw the ball really well all night long. 2 shots where I got a bit fast leaving 2 pins, but otherwise was in the pocket the entire night.

9 counts, spares, and strikes were all I threw last night. Dont think I can remember a time where I have done that. 30 clean frames and only a 665 series. Usually my 30 cleans are in the 700+ category

9.61 first ball average
13/13 on spares including 6 10 pins.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/Bowling/9DB880BE-536D-40BE-8928-10ACD1B77904_zpszylwqt1m.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Vdubtx/media/Bowling/9DB880BE-536D-40BE-8928-10ACD1B77904_zpszylwqt1m.jpg.html)

RobLV1
03-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Interesting that most of your leaves in the first game seem to be the result of the ball transitioning late, while most of the leaves in the last game could very well be the result of the ball burning up early. Just an observation.

vdubtx
03-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Interesting that most of your leaves in the first game seem to be the result of the ball transitioning late, while most of the leaves in the last game could very well be the result of the ball burning up early. Just an observation.

I don't disagree. All leaves were there for a reason, not just plain poor carry. Ball change certainly should have been done in game 3.

J Anderson
03-04-2016, 11:48 AM
What strikes me is that all of the nines in the first game and 5 out of 6 nines in the last game were in even numbered frames, therefore you were having much worse carry on one lane than the other. I'm not sure what adjustment would have helped or if you needed to use a different ball on the bad lane. It certainly is one more piece of evidence to support Rob's campain to get bowlers to think of lanes as individuals , not pairs.

vdubtx
03-04-2016, 11:57 AM
What strikes me is that all of the nines in the first game and 5 out of 6 nines in the last game were in even numbered frames, therefore you were having much worse carry on one lane than the other. I'm not sure what adjustment would have helped or if you needed to use a different ball on the bad lane. It certainly is one more piece of evidence to support Rob's campain to get bowlers to think of lanes as individuals , not pairs.

Absolutely. I was playing each lane differently and making adjustments off of prior leaves. Some moves did not work and others worked for a frame or 2.

jab5325
03-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Strange question.....

When one lane has been playing drastically different than the other, do any of you keep a physical (or digital) notebook of adjustments/etc. to help?

I've been thinking of doing it lately, but don't know if I'm crazy or not.

Amyers
03-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Strange question.....

When one lane has been playing drastically different than the other, do any of you keep a physical (or digital) notebook of adjustments/etc. to help?

I know bowlers who do this. I think Aslan does or at least did on this site. I can generally remember so I don't.

vdubtx
03-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Strange question.....

Absolutely should. I know of certain lanes where pin setters are off by a bit. Also how some of the lanes play differently. My Thursday center just put in new lane surfaces, so starting essentially from scratch on that house for lane play.

fokai73
03-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Strange question.....

I did years ago using a palm pilot and waly software. Then I realized my physical/mental game needed fixing more than knowing how each pair played. Plus having the old summit, the lanes were dressed differently week to week, it was always broke.