PDA

View Full Version : A -Roid I mean A Rod talk

The KingPin
02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Wow so what this A Rod getting into scandals. So what i heard is he tested positive for steroids back in 2003. But is that the big deal or the fact he has admitted on public television to never doing any steroids?

What do you think of this?

Jord_84
02-08-2009, 08:44 PM
I thought he just recently tested positive.
Old news or new news, either way, I can't say I'm surprised.

What makes me really angry is that you have a bunch of "hot shots", illegally enhancing their performance, and they're beating records set by legendary ball players that earned their records fair and square.
I really think they should strip every title held by anyone who's ever tested positive.

The KingPin
02-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I thought he just recently tested positive.
Old news or new news, either way, I can't say I'm surprised.

What makes me really angry is that you have a bunch of "hot shots", illegally enhancing their performance, and they're beating records set by legendary ball players that earned their records fair and square.
I really think they should strip every title held by anyone who's ever tested positive.

I am not sure what needs to be done. Legalize everything and make super players? I am not sure.

Jord_84
02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
mandatory pee tests before every game.
If they love the game and want to play, they'll stay clean.

The KingPin
02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
mandatory pee tests before every game.
If they love the game and want to play, they'll stay clean.

Great points.

The KingPin
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow so A Rod admitted today that he did do steroids, crazy!

Jord_84
02-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I want Mark McGuire to come out of hiding and fess up.
I'm still sickened by how he beat Sosa back during the home run race in 98

ArtVandelay
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I am not sure what needs to be done. Legalize everything and make super players? I am not sure.

They did that once.... They called it the all drug olympics. (http://www.hulu.com/watch/4090/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-all-drug-olympics) I don't think it worked out too well.....

ArtVandelay
02-10-2009, 07:59 PM
I want Mark McGuire to come out of hiding and fess up.
I'm still sickened by how he beat Sosa back during the home run race in 98

Okay, I was pulling for Sammy too, but he tested positive himself!!! It's such a mess... My favorite sport is in turmoil!!!

ArtVandelay
02-10-2009, 08:00 PM
full disclosure: I can't stand the guy.

That being said, I AM shocked. I thought he was clean, and it was killing me, because I had no doubt in my mind that he would shatter quite a few records over the course of his career. A part of me was happy, because he would get rid of Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa, and we'd have a good, clean name on top. But that's a VERY small part of me, the rest of me can't stand him, his agent, and his contracts.

But what's REALLY disgusting is his "apology" and his interview with Peter Gammons. Everything he said was so calculated, right down to him insinuating that this is somehow baseball's fault (but of COURSE he never said that, he just started a sentence, stopped, paused, started another sentence as if to restructure it, stopped again, paused, and then just took "full responsibility."). Are you really going to tell me he wasn't coached before that interview. And now we can all say, "Ohhh... what a guy! He WANTED to say it was baseball's fault, be he held back and took responsibility." Also notice he never admitted WHAT illegal substance he took. Please note how he makes it seem to common (and in that clubhouse, it actually was.....), and something you could just go buy at GNC. And look at his past track record of SPEAKING OUT against substances that are ruining the game. I even read a report from his camp that claimed he took the "performance enhancing substances" because of Texas's heat and humidity, and the toll they took on his game. DUH!!! That's (one of the reasons, but by no means the ONLY reason) why the Rangers can't get any pitching. But there's an easy solution: DON'T PLAY THERE!!! He WANTED to play here though, because he wanted all the money Tom Hicks was willing to give him. Wow.....

I like the game too much to turn my back, but the whole thing's sickening, the guy's a joke, and I'm glad his reputation is forever tarnished.

Oh, there IS a bright side though.... I know this is "alleged" to have happened while he was with the Rangers (yeah, right... He stopped as soon as he went to New York... well, his numbers DID slide initially, so maybe he DID try to stop, but they went right back up), but he plays for the yankees now, so I can wear this shirt often:

http://www.tshirtreviewblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/steroids.png

Jord_84
02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Okay, I was pulling for Sammy too, but he tested positive himself!!! It's such a mess... My favorite sport is in turmoil!!!

Yeah I've lost all respect for Sammy too....but at the time of the home run race, it was so obvious McGuire was using. The fact that he was hailed as a hero and treated like a king made me sick.
Baseball is quickly turning into a joke. Are there any genuinely talented athletes left?"
It's a shame they're setting such a poor example for student athletes.

The KingPin
02-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I agree so many kids see this and want to be like A Rod and such. Yet its not good as role models to act the way they do

JerseyJim
02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
To tell the truth this type of thing has gone on in baseball for a long time. If it wasn't steroids, it was speed, and painkillers handed out like candy. It's been corked bats, foreign substances on balls, and tacks hidden in gloves. Players in all generations look for an edge anyway they can get it.

The owners knew about steroids, but turned a blind eye because they wanted fans back after the strike. What they should do is release all 104 names off the list. By 'accidently' leaking only A-Rod's name, there is a cloud over every ball player's head.

The KingPin
03-08-2009, 01:12 PM
To tell the truth this type of thing has gone on in baseball for a long time. If it wasn't steroids, it was speed, and painkillers handed out like candy. It's been corked bats, foreign substances on balls, and tacks hidden in gloves. Players in all generations look for an edge anyway they can get it.

The owners knew about steroids, but turned a blind eye because they wanted fans back after the strike. What they should do is release all 104 names off the list. By 'accidentally' leaking only A-Rod's name, there is a cloud over every ball player's head.

I agree. It seems like everyone in baseball can look guilty now. They said somewhere that there like 140 names that tested positive. So if you give out a rods name, why not everyone else name?

kev3inp
03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
So now the 'roid needs hip surgery. And guess what they'll probably give him to "promote healing."

ArtVandelay
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
So now the 'roid needs hip surgery. And guess what they'll probably give him to "promote healing."

Yeah... But where do you think he got his cyst from? (http://www.nida.nih.gov/ResearchReports/Steroids/anabolicsteroids4.html)

Steroid abuse can cause acne, cysts, and oily hair and skin.

Peit71
05-18-2009, 12:14 PM
How is it A-Rod is taking all the heat, But nothing about Manny Ramirez

Peit71
05-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Who can tell me the best way to slow down the bowling ball

Jord_84
05-18-2009, 12:29 PM
How is it A-Rod is taking all the heat, But nothing about Manny Ramirez

I think Manny was punished enough after being publicly humiliated when the erectile dysfunction drugs came up on that screening.
Unlike A-Rod....he didn't take steroids to compensate for his lack of ability as an athlete.

*tries not to take another stab Ramirez*
....He's compensating for another lack of ability.....lol