PDA

View Full Version : May Paranoia consume you all.

The SuperHitMan
03-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Rev Rate:420
Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Description: Paranoia (noun): The next step in Motiv weaponry that provides a strong and dependable motion down lane with incredible continuation through the pins, underneath the Agitator Pearl Reactive coverstock is the Oblivion core. The Paranoia will give you more length and angle than your Forza and Forza Redline without sacrificing desired hook.

Out of box surface: 5500 Grit LSP

Layout: 60/4/30

Ball Reaction: The Paranoia isn’t something that snatches with ruthless aggression upon encountering friction but it more so provides a controlled angular ball motion, it is clean like the Octane but it is bigger in terms of overall hook than the Octane. This Paranoia will be a fantastic fit for any arsenal especially for those who were/are fond of the primal rage. It will fit perfectly underneath it.

Comparisons
Octane: The length between the two is relatively the same however the Paranoia’s ball motion starts sooner than the Octane, the overall ball motion was sharper as well. The Paranoia isn’t as sensitive as the Octane was to wet/dry conditions as it blends it out rather well, in terms of backend strength the Octane is bigger. I was a fan of the Octane because of how far it traveled down the lane before it made its move on the backend, having the quadfire core upon encountering friction I would get a strong arc roll and not a snap. The Paranoia respectively travels down lane as well but will indeed snap off of the pattern harder than the Octane, from an angularity standpoint the Paranoia provides me with a reaction the Octane could not.

Octane Burn: In terms of length the Paranoia is longer and in terms of backend a shade underneath the Octane Burn, they are both evenly matched when it comes to overall hook. The difference that I found in throwing them both is the shape they provide and how sensitive they are when encountering friction; both excel in the friction providing different reactions. The Octane Burn in the friction provides a very smooth and even roll ball motion in the friction; it doesn’t naturally grab the friction upon encountering it. The Paranoia is smooth is and angular, its ball motion is rather sharp when encountering friction allowing you to bounce it off of it if you choose to. Recovery is not an issue with either of them it just comes down to what type of reaction the bowler would prefer to see on the desired pattern.

Forza Redline: The Redline overall is bigger than the Paranoia in terms of overall hook and is a shade underneath it when it comes to overall backend motion, length wise the Paranoia is longer than the Redline. I’m pleased with the Redline for the reaction it provides me with and that is a controlled hook motion, the Redline isn’t a ball I would use to corner the lanes with as it isn’t angular enough as the Paranoia. The ball motion the Redline provides is not as sharp as the Paranoia, as the friction increases I can gravitate further right or left and it will corner where I need it to at the right time.

Summary: Overall I am pleased with this release and I feel it is a perfect replacement to the Octane. No matter how steep the angle I choose to play time after time the Paranoia did not disappoint me, I have no qualms about the continuation as it convincingly drives the pins back. As I mentioned earlier if you were a fan of the Primal Rage and you’re looking for something to go underneath it I encourage you to take a look at the Paranoia, you won’t be disappointed in doing so. Because the Paranoia is not as sensitive as the Octane it will allow you to use it on a variety of patterns with the exception being heavy oil, I wouldn’t suggest using it for heavy oil purposes. I appreciate the controlled angularity it provides me with as it allows me to play steeper angles than I normally would without risking carry, for once in my life I am glad that I allowed Paranoia to consume me. May it consume you as well.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C.White II
Motiv Staff

Aslan
03-31-2016, 12:26 PM
Is it going to "consume" me or "consign" me?

Both sound horrible. I'm still recovering from the Hysteria and Asylums and Sinister-ness and Haywire-ness and Hectic Loco Menacing of the RotoGrip line...how much more mental torture can a bowler endure??!

http://www.quotehd.com/imagequotes/TopAuthors/mark-twain-funny-quotes-get-your-facts-first-then-you-can-distort-them-as-you.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/db/c4/20/dbc4208df2ec61599095453cab7f4fd8.jpg

billf
04-04-2016, 02:29 AM
Whatever happened to the reviews with video?
I loved the Octane, hated the Octane Burn