1VegasBowler
04-16-2016, 01:51 PM
Monday Night 4/11

162 189 179 - 530

1VegasBowler
04-16-2016, 01:54 PM
Wednesday Night 4/13

174 167 156 - 497

Did not feel good by any means. Kidney stent made me as uncomfortable as it could all night. Even my narcotic meds didn't help.

manke
04-19-2016, 04:47 PM
I had kidney stones once and they are the worst. I feel for you.

NewToBowling
04-19-2016, 06:07 PM
Never had kidney stones but I get gout on a semi regular basis. Wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy

1VegasBowler
04-19-2016, 08:42 PM
This is my 3rd go around with them, but the kidney stent is what's eating me up alive right now.

1VegasBowler
04-19-2016, 08:43 PM
Never had kidney stones but I get gout on a semi regular basis. Wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy

I have gout as well. Thankfully it's the big toe on my right foot and not my sliding foot. lol

1VegasBowler
04-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Monday Night 5-18

158 213 198 - 569

Had only 1 miss in the 2nd & 3rd games combined, and that miss was a 4-6 split.

I converted the 5/7/9 & 4/9 splits.

1VegasBowler
04-21-2016, 01:06 PM
199 180 162 - 541

My teammates gave me zero support last night, which is nothing unusual.

My scores for my first 2 games were more than the other 2 combined!

Third game I cared as much as they did. All I did was try some different things.

1VegasBowler
04-26-2016, 01:52 AM
Monday Night 4-25

170 268 214 - 652

First night back from having my stent removed and passing a small stone, with 1 left inside.

First game I couldn't get a comfortable read on the lanes. After that, I ended up with my best series to date (652).

Also managed to get the league 2nd High Scratch game for the season, 3rd High Scratch series, 2nd High Hdcp series (785) and 2nd High Hdcp Game (313).

1VegasBowler
04-29-2016, 01:40 PM
Wednesday night 4-27

115 143 149 - 407

Talk about embarrassing!

BUT, I wasn't alone with scores like this. Our entire league was subjected to conditions where there was ZERO hook no matter what we all tried.

The oil was so heavy it played like a flat pattern for 45 feet and there was nothing but skid for everybody.

We tried to protest but it was denied because you must do so either during the 10 minute practice or directly as practice ends (Per USBC).

Mike White
04-29-2016, 04:02 PM
Wednesday night 4-27

115 143 149 - 407

Talk about embarrassing!

BUT, I wasn't alone with scores like this. Our entire league was subjected to conditions where there was ZERO hook no matter what we all tried.

The oil was so heavy it played like a flat pattern for 45 feet and there was nothing but skid for everybody.

We tried to protest but it was denied because you must do so either during the 10 minute practice or directly as practice ends (Per USBC).

What USBC rule did they cite in this case?

Sounds like they just made up this 10 minute / end of practice thing.

Now as for being a valid protest, I don't think how the lane was oiled would qualify as something to protest over.

If it were a scratch league, then just bowl, everyone has the same "disadvantage"

In a handicap situation it's different. The conditions for competition should be very similar to those where the average used in handicapping was obtained.

1VegasBowler
04-29-2016, 04:36 PM
What USBC rule did they cite in this case?

Sounds like they just made up this 10 minute / end of practice thing.

Now as for being a valid protest, I don't think how the lane was oiled would qualify as something to protest over.

If it were a scratch league, then just bowl, everyone has the same "disadvantage"

In a handicap situation it's different. The conditions for competition should be very similar to those where the average used in handicapping was obtained.

This ruling came directly from the USBC offices in Texas, and I called them about this.

Lane conditions can be protested as long as it is within the proper time frame.

Also, this is a handicap league that uses the THS.

When I spoke to the league president, he was telling me how he watched people throwing multiple gutter balls that never do. He also told me that the best series for the night was 504. Most of us were in the low to mid 400's.

That's how bad it was.

Mike White
04-29-2016, 05:26 PM
This ruling came directly from the USBC offices in Texas, and I called them about this.

Lane conditions can be protested as long as it is within the proper time frame.

Also, this is a handicap league that uses the THS.

When I spoke to the league president, he was telling me how he watched people throwing multiple gutter balls that never do. He also told me that the best series for the night was 504. Most of us were in the low to mid 400's.

That's how bad it was.

Again, what rule was cited?

Back in '86 I subbed in a scratch league on the first night the bowling center opened.

The lanes had been oiled 3 times (3pm, 6pm, 9pm) when we started, and they were still very dry. The oil was soaking into the brand new wood lanes.

I shot 600 with a plastic ball, while the next high was barely 500. And that's a scratch league.

Most of the bowlers we coming from another center that had just closed, and they were used to a good deal of oil.

I on the other hand, bowled in a place that had the same lane absorbing oil problem (due to lane finish cracking) starting about 6 months after resurfacing, which was done every 2 years, so I was accustomed dealing with that problem.

Rule 119 - Protest/Appeal Procedures
The league board of directors shall first decide on all protests as stated in Rule 103b. Protests are decided by the league official/supervisor in Youth leagues that do not have a board.
a. Protests:
1. Written protests are filed with a league offcer and shall be filed within 15 days of the series being bowled except:
a) A protest resulting from competition in the final two weeks of a league schedule shall be filed within 72 hours of the final date of the league schedule or the end of a segment if the league bowls a split season.
b) A protest involving league roll-off or playoff games shall be filed within 72 hours.

2. Unless a protest is confirmed in writing, the series or decision stands.
3. The board’s decision shall stand, unless a timely written appeal is filed with the local association
or USBC Headquarters. The local association’s decision can be appealed to USBC Headquarters.
NOTE: League protests received by local associations or USBC Headquarters that have not initially been decided by the league board of directors will be returned to the league for a decision.

b. Appeals shall be filed in writing within:
1. 15 days of notification during the regular schedule.
2. 72 hours when notification occurs:
a) In the final two weeks of the league schedule.
b) At the end of a segment if the league bowls a split season.
c) After the league schedule has ended.
d) As a result of roll-off or playoff competition.
Prizes for positions involved cannot be distributed until the protest or appeal is resolved.
NOTE: A copy of the appeal should be filed with a league officer.

If you want to protest based on oil pattern, use this one.

Lane Dressing
If dressing is used, it shall meet specifications and must comply with the following:
1. Must be distributed from edge board to edge board of the entire distance dressing is applied.
2. Only immediately after any application of dressing, in the dressed portion of the lane there shall be a minimum of three units of dressing at all points on the lane.

Mechanical failure, lack of fresh dressing application, or other if found after bowling are not causes for games to be re-bowled. Games will stand as bowled.

But you're protest would apply every time you bowl.

The Kegel brand of lane dressing machine doesn't apply oil from edge board to edge board, so by default, it's a non-complying oil pattern.

1VegasBowler
05-01-2016, 01:57 AM
Saturday 4-30 9 Tap Tour.

Good enough for 10th place tie and in the cash.

234 217 263 - 723

1VegasBowler
05-03-2016, 02:40 AM
Monday night 5-2

191 214 198 = 603

1VegasBowler
05-05-2016, 01:53 AM
Wednesday night 5-4

198 177 212 = 587

1VegasBowler
05-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Monday Night 5-9