PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a new bowling ball

Lumina
04-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Been using the house ball previously, currently looking for a reactive ball with an aggressive hook.

Been to a couple of shops, the roto grip eternal cell and storm phaze caught my attention.
Leaning slightly towards the phaze.

Any comments on the 2?
Or any other ball I should look out for?

Thanks for viewing.

Mike White
04-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Been using the house ball previously, currently looking for a reactive ball with an aggressive hook.

Been to a couple of shops, the roto grip eternal cell and storm phaze caught my attention.
Leaning slightly towards the phaze.

Any comments on the 2?
Or any other ball I should look out for?

Thanks for viewing.

So far you've been riding a bicycle (house ball), and for your first car, you want a Ferrari (High Performance ball).

You can go that route, but expect to be disappointed with the new ball because you haven't learned how to drive it yet.

Jessiewoodard57
04-15-2016, 06:40 PM
I agree with Mike you're talking about 2 top shelf balls. I would look at an entry level to start

got_a_300
04-16-2016, 12:29 AM
Have to agree with Mike White and Jessiewoodard57 on this you may want
to look into say maybe something like the Thunder line of Storm bowling balls
like maybe the Storm Fight or maybe even the Storm Hy-Road and as Del Ballard
always says "the lanes always come to the Hy-Road"

I believe for a starter ball I would go with the Hy-Road I just don't see you going
wrong with it but the main thing to do after moving from a house ball and getting
a new ball is find yourself a qualified bowling coach for some lessons and learn
how to handle the new ball before wanting to get a hook monster bowling ball.

1VegasBowler
04-16-2016, 02:01 PM
The Brunswick Strike King is not only a good Entry Level ball, but it has a great price tag to it as well. If you add inserts and a thumb slug, you should be able to get it for right around $100 (give or take).

Like the others have said, you're looking to go from a house ball to a top of the line ball and it will hurt you more than it will help you with your game.

Start with the baby steps and work your way up and you will find the transition in ball upgrades as you go along a better experience.

larry mc
04-17-2016, 09:13 PM
Radical primo is on sale and will give u more than an entry level ball so u wont be looking to upgrade after a few weeks

Amyers
04-18-2016, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't go with the Eternal Cell newer bowlers really shouldn't start with asymmetrical equipment. The Phaze is an option even though it's a top shelf ball it isn't overly strong but I really don't think you have to spend that much for the performance you will get unless you just want to.

In your description of what your looking for you mentioned an aggressive hook. You won't get more out of any ball than what your capable of putting into it even the most aggressive ball doesn't hook just because it rolls down the lane. You see those big hooks because those bowlers have developed that release and style from practice and coaching it's not the ball.

For a newer bowler I really suggest at looking at midline and lower midline balls. they have enough that you don't have to run right out and buy something else but not so much that you can't use it on a lot of conditions. The Hyroad from Storm, the Rave or Rave on from Radical, The Arson High Flare solid or Pearl from Hammer, Melee Hook or Danger Zone from Brunswick are all good examples of the kind of balls that make good choices for a good ball to get started with. Any of these balls are middle of the road and will give you the opertunity to match up with most conditions you will see.